Trump supporters have had it up to here. they are tired of being called racist

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
excerpt from the article:

“We’re all tired of being called racists,” a 74-year-old bespectacled white man named Richard Haines told me. “You open your mouth, you’re a racist. My daughter is a liberal, and she’s [using the word] all the time. We don’t talk politics; we can’t—all the time she always accuses me of hate.”

Haines, who told me he had just returned to the United States from Thailand, where he had done missionary work for 15 years with impoverished children, said that he knew what real racism looked like—that his father was a “bigot” who “didn’t like black people.”

“Donald is not racist, you know?” Haines said. “He makes a statement, and they take the words out of context and try to twist everything so that he’s a racist. And I think it’s gonna backfire.”

Before the rally began, I sat down on the floor of the arena with two women—Roseanna, 50, and Amy, 48—who felt similarly. (Neither woman was comfortable providing her last name for this story.) Roseanna, who wore a red T-shirt, white shorts, and a MAGA hat adorned with multiple buttons, including one featuring the likeness of Hillary Clinton behind bars, had driven an hour and a half from Lexington, Kentucky. She defended Trump’s statements about Baltimore. “He didn’t say nothing about the color of somebody’s skin,” Roseanna said, yet it seemed like everyone was “wishing him toward ‘He’s a bigot.’

“I’m sick to death of it. I have 13 grandchildren—13,” she continued. “Four of them are biracial, black and white; another two of them are black and white; and another two of them are Singapore and white. You think I’m a racist? I go and I give them kids kisses like nobody’s business.”

Robert Morris, a 72-year-old man who was fixing his van outside the arena before the rally started, had predicted as much to me. “We’re not that kind. They got a little carried away there,” he said of the Greenville crowd. Morris, too, said he was tired of being called a racist. Just yesterday, he said, he’d given a stranger $20 to help his foster child, who was black. And he sends money as often as he can to a school charity in the Dominican Republic. So if anybody started a chant like that, Morris said, “I’ll tell them, ‘Shut it down. You’re acting like them. We’re not them.’ The Democrats—they call names, they accuse, they’re always slandering, they always have a negative.”

“Send her back?” No, he said, that wouldn’t happen again, because “we’re positive.” He chuckled a bit. “But I’d buy her a ticket so she can go on a cruise back.” Omar was, he said, “a very ungrateful person.”

‘We’re All Tired of Being Called Racists’

“We’re all tired of being called racists,” a 74-year-old bespectacled white man named Richard Haines told me. “You open your mouth, you’re a racist. My daughter is a liberal, and she’s [using the word] all the time. We don’t talk politics; we can’t—all the time she always accuses me of hate.”

Haines, who told me he had just returned to the United States from Thailand, where he had done missionary work for 15 years with impoverished children, said that he knew what real racism looked like—that his father was a “bigot” who “didn’t like black people.”

“Donald is not racist, you know?” Haines said. “He makes a statement, and they take the words out of context and try to twist everything so that he’s a racist. And I think it’s gonna backfire.”

Before the rally began, I sat down on the floor of the arena with two women—Roseanna, 50, and Amy, 48—who felt similarly. (Neither woman was comfortable providing her last name for this story.) Roseanna, who wore a red T-shirt, white shorts, and a MAGA hat adorned with multiple buttons, including one featuring the likeness of Hillary Clinton behind bars, had driven an hour and a half from Lexington, Kentucky. She defended Trump’s statements about Baltimore. “He didn’t say nothing about the color of somebody’s skin,” Roseanna said, yet it seemed like everyone was “wishing him toward ‘He’s a bigot.’

“I’m sick to death of it. I have 13 grandchildren—13,” she continued. “Four of them are biracial, black and white; another two of them are black and white; and another two of them are Singapore and white. You think I’m a racist? I go and I give them kids kisses like nobody’s business.”

Robert Morris, a 72-year-old man who was fixing his van outside the arena before the rally started, had predicted as much to me. “We’re not that kind. They got a little carried away there,” he said of the Greenville crowd. Morris, too, said he was tired of being called a racist. Just yesterday, he said, he’d given a stranger $20 to help his foster child, who was black. And he sends money as often as he can to a school charity in the Dominican Republic. So if anybody started a chant like that, Morris said, “I’ll tell them, ‘Shut it down. You’re acting like them. We’re not them.’ The Democrats—they call names, they accuse, they’re always slandering, they always have a negative.”

“Send her back?” No, he said, that wouldn’t happen again, because “we’re positive.” He chuckled a bit. “But I’d buy her a ticket so she can go on a cruise back.” Omar was, he said, “a very ungrateful person.”

The only Black Republican, Representative Nunn, calls it Racist and has decided he no longer wants to be part of the Republican Party under Trump anymore and has decided to leave office after only two terms. He's about the only Republican that actually made sense during the Mueller Security part of the questioning. He didn't try and play gotchas. He asked good questions and actually got complete sentences and paragraph answers from Mueller. He isn't a loss for the Republican Party, the Republican Party is lost to the rest of us. Yes, cupcake, you may not fully qualify as a racist by you certainly do qualify as at least an enabler.

The only Black Republican, Representative Nunn, calls it Racist and has decided he no longer wants to be part of the Republican Party under Trump anymore and has decided to leave office after only two terms. He's about the only Republican that actually made sense during the Mueller Security part of the questioning. He didn't try and play gotchas. He asked good questions and actually got complete sentences and paragraph answers from Mueller. He isn't a loss for the Republican Party, the Republican Party is lost to the rest of us. Yes, cupcake, you may not fully qualify as a racist by you certainly do qualify as at least an enabler.
Nah, call me a racist, I don't care. I treat people the way I think they should be treated. Since I can't see the content of their character, I react to the actions they take. Seems fair to me.

Dude. Sticks and Stones...I dont give a shit any more what a Democrat calls me. I am so above them in intellect that all they can resort to is the liberal playbook. They have nothing to offer, except death to babies, high taxes, and forcing everyone to be poor and miserable. If that is the way you want to live, go for it, be a Demonrat. But if ANTIFA, that is sticks and stones, I have a ready answer for the violence of the left. It is called Ruger.

liberal-playbook-1-ignore-facts-that-hurt-your-position-2-5474789.png

You support a racist and defend racial attacks then you are a racist.

• Banned

You support a racist and defend racial attacks then you are a racist.
well i guess that's that!

• Banned
WE ARE ALL RACISTS NOW!

if loving america is racist, i plead guilty!

Forum List

Back