President Trump comes up with a new plan to "drain the swamp": Relocating departments outside of DC

Mulvaney is a genius. They need to take the most expendable bureaucracies and relocate them to economically depressed areas. Some of them will quit which is good and the rest can help to stimulate the depressed community which is also good. They should concentrate on bureaucracies that aren't performing or those infested with known troublemakers. Lets get this program rolling.

Mulvaney is a genius. They need to take the most expendable bureaucracies and relocate them to economically depressed areas. Some of them will quit which is good and the rest can help to stimulate the depressed community which is also good. They should concentrate on bureaucracies that aren't performing or those infested with known troublemakers. Lets get this program rolling.
How about Baltimore?

Mulvaney cheers for more federal workers to quit, ‘wonderful way’ to drain swamp

Trump called it a "liberal Haven" and said when departments are moved, people quit.

Two problems with this. First, most just move to other agencies, they do not actually quit the Fed Govt.

Second, the USDA has already said they were going to go on an aggressive hiring spree to fill the lost spots.

But I am happy to see them move those two, I deal with the ERS a fair amount.

I hope he can keep his promise to get rid of the OPM

How about Baltimore?
Baltimore was the first place that came to mind too. But upon further review, I started thinking more about places like Flint and Detroit Michigan, Gary Indiana and other places like that. Baltimore might be too close to DC to make them quit.

Mulvaney cheers for more federal workers to quit, ‘wonderful way’ to drain swamp

Trump called it a "liberal Haven" and said when departments are moved, people quit.

Two problems with this. First, most just move to other agencies, they do not actually quit the Fed Govt.

Second, the USDA has already said they were going to go on an aggressive hiring spree to fill the lost spots.

But I am happy to see them move those two, I deal with the ERS a fair amount.

I hope he can keep his promise to get rid of the OPM
Maybe they can couple Mulvaney's plan with a government wide hiring freeze, in the name of budget reduction.

Forum List

Back