Trump says absentee ballots and mail-in ballots are different (Politifact says that's FALSE)

In Florida, for instance, where Trump is registered to vote, the term "absentee" isn't even in the law. They're all call vote-at-home" and everyone can vote by mail even if they live in a different state.
Trump lied about the reason for him voting by mail being that he's in DC. The reason is because everyone in Florida can vote by mail if they wish.

Trump also lied about "absentee" ballots being processed differently and more safely than "mail" ballots.
It's all the same shit.

In 2016, for instance, the Florida Legislature unanimously voted to change the phrase "absentee" to "vote-by-mail," in order to ease confusion among voters who mistakenly believed that they had to be away from home to request a ballot by mail. Some election advocates now use the term "vote at home," because ballots in some states can be dropped off in person at designated lockboxes rather than mailed.

So when Trump says he’s an absentee voter in Florida because he’s "at the White House," that’s not accurate. It doesn’t matter where he is; Trump, like any other registered Florida voter, can cast a ballot without going to an in-person site.
Politifact slipped in the magic word "requested" to do a false comparison. There are (3) types of mail-in ballots:
1. No request needed, the state send out ballots to all registered voters
CO, HI, OR, UT WA
2. Voters request ballots but no excuse for absentee voting is needed:
(the other 28 states)
3. Voters request mail-in ballots AND an excuse IS NEEDED:
AL, AR, CT, DE, IN, KY, LA, MA, MI, MO, NH, NY, RI, SC, TN, TX, WV

Mail in ballots require requests in most states, which is contrary to what he claimed, otherwise known as a lie. Why would he all of a sudden have a problem with the remaining 5 states who have been doing mail voting for years?

The fact is, many States are scrapping the request requirement using Covid as an excuse. If you can safely stand in line at the grocery store, you can stand in line at the polls.

Which states are scrapping the request requirement?

CA is sending ballots to all registered voters, GA is sending ballot requests to all registered voters and the list goes on. Here's a link that describes procedures in each State. The commies in TX sued to get ballots sent to all registered voters and lost in court, absentee ballots will have to be requested.

Fantastic article, thank you.

California is legit.
Sending applications is miles different than sending ballots because you still have to apply to get the ballot.
The lawsuit in Texas wasn’t about sending ballots, it was whether the “illness or disability” restriction to vote absentee applied to people not wanting to get COVID. The court’s reply was “not exactly by maybe, we will let you decide” oh and if you decide wrong you may go to jail.

So what's to stop people who just moved into a house from completing applications for the former resident?

Their signature and the risk of prison.

LMAO

Dumbfuck, if the signature doesn't match, not only does the vote not count, it makes it somewhat easy to catch the person committing the fraud.

Have you always been this stupid?

In Florida, for instance, where Trump is registered to vote, the term "absentee" isn't even in the law. They're all call vote-at-home" and everyone can vote by mail even if they live in a different state.
Trump lied about the reason for him voting by mail being that he's in DC. The reason is because everyone in Florida can vote by mail if they wish.

Trump also lied about "absentee" ballots being processed differently and more safely than "mail" ballots.
It's all the same shit.

In 2016, for instance, the Florida Legislature unanimously voted to change the phrase "absentee" to "vote-by-mail," in order to ease confusion among voters who mistakenly believed that they had to be away from home to request a ballot by mail. Some election advocates now use the term "vote at home," because ballots in some states can be dropped off in person at designated lockboxes rather than mailed.

So when Trump says he’s an absentee voter in Florida because he’s "at the White House," that’s not accurate. It doesn’t matter where he is; Trump, like any other registered Florida voter, can cast a ballot without going to an in-person site.
Politifact slipped in the magic word "requested" to do a false comparison. There are (3) types of mail-in ballots:
CO, HI, OR, UT WA
(the other 28 states)

There is no "false comparison". You made distinctions with no difference.
Each requires the recipient to be a registered voter and each ballot is processed the same upon return.
again.....Not exactly right.
1. Absentee ballots are REQUESTED by current voters. All other current voters vote in-person. Very little chance for fraud.
2. Mail-in voting means all registered voters are sent ballots automatically. Typically voter rolls are very outdated with many errors, so void ballots are flying all over the place, that are easy to "harvest" and send back in. Absentee is better.

Absentee voting and mail-in voting is exactly the same thing. Trump is making excuses for his loss before the first mail-in ballot is counted. If anyone is contributing to any fraud it is Trump himself who is in the process of defunding the post office of needed funds to keep up with the expected demand for mail-in ballots. It is apparent Trump will do anything to cheat in the upcoming election.
Absentee voting means voters request ballots.
All mail-in voting means ballots are automatically sent to all registered voters, see the difference?
That's not true in every state. My state, for example, is sending me mail-in ballots because I requested them.
Correct. The linked article shows what each state is doing.
My point is that the prior statement "Absentee voting and mail-in voting is exactly the same thing." is WRONG.
The only difference is a reason is needed for absentee ballots while no reason is needed for vote-by-mail ballots. That's a distinction without a difference.
Not exactly right.
1. Absentee ballots are REQUESTED by current voters. All other current voters vote in-person. Very little chance for fraud.
2. Mail-in voting means all registered voters are sent ballots automatically. Typically voter rolls are very outdated with many errors, so void ballots are flying all over the place, that are easy to "harvest" and send back in. Absentee is better.
You're wrong. It's true a few states send vote-by-mail ballots to all registered voters, but many require voters request them. Such as my state...

It's all the same shit.

CO, HI, OR, UT WA
(the other 28 states)

Each requires the recipient to be a registered voter and each ballot is processed the same upon return.
There's no more chance for fraud.
In all cases the recipients must be registered voters.
You have no idea of the accuracy of the voter rolls or the efforts made to keep them accurate.

It's all the same shit.

CO, HI, OR, UT WA
(the other 28 states)

Mail in voting may or may not mean all voters automatically getting sent ballots. In every state that does automatically mail ballots, I’ve not seen any state that sends them to inactive voters.

PolitiFact Bwwwhahahahahahahahahaa
Facts have a liberal bias.
In fact, they don't. But then, that is why the left needs to control all sources of media. Because the facts need to be exaplained.

Isn't that right zero?
How is it, exactly, that liberals control all sources of media? Who lets them? I mean are you suggesting Murdoch is a liberal?
LOL

Murdoch has not control over the day to day operations. In fact, he just sold out and left it to his liberal sons.

The fact that you think the America media is anything other than extremist is funny...

In fact, they don't. But then, that is why the left needs to control all sources of media. Because the facts need to be exaplained.

Isn't that right zero?
How is it, exactly, that liberals control all sources of media? Who lets them? I mean are you suggesting Murdoch is a liberal?
LOL

Murdoch has not control over the day to day operations. In fact, he just sold out and left it to his liberal sons.

The fact that you think the America media is anything other than extremist is funny...
Um okay but that doesn’t really explain how liberals have all this control.

Absentee voting and mail-in voting is exactly the same thing. Trump is making excuses for his loss before the first mail-in ballot is counted. If anyone is contributing to any fraud it is Trump himself who is in the process of defunding the post office of needed funds to keep up with the expected demand for mail-in ballots. It is apparent Trump will do anything to cheat in the upcoming election.
All mail-in voting means ballots are automatically sent to all registered voters, see the difference?
That's not true in every state. My state, for example, is sending me mail-in ballots because I requested them.
My point is that the prior statement "Absentee voting and mail-in voting is exactly the same thing." is WRONG.
The only difference is a reason is needed for absentee ballots while no reason is needed for vote-by-mail ballots. That's a distinction without a difference.
Not exactly right.
You're wrong. It's true a few states send vote-by-mail ballots to all registered voters, but many require voters request them. Such as my state...

I'm not wrong. There is a difference between requesting "absentee ballots" and "All mail-in voting". Here is the link again:

You are right that FL is a "no excuse" absentee ballot state. You request a ballot.
The ballots are not automatically sent to you and your dead neighbors.
Here is my prior post that is still correct:

Isn't that right zero?
LOL

Um okay but that doesn’t really explain how liberals have all this control.
Must be because we are so far superior to conservatives. What other explanation is there?

Not exactly right.

I'm not wrong. There is a difference between requesting "absentee ballots" and "All mail-in voting". Here is the link again:

You are right that FL is a "no excuse" absentee ballot state. You request a ballot.
icon_rolleyes.gif

You're still wrong. mail-in voting does not mean all registered voters are automatically sent a ballot. As I showed you, Florida is an example. And that's just one state. Most states are like Florida...

How_Hard_Is_it_to_Vote-by-Mail_1088x764-1024x724.jpg

Not exactly right.

icon_rolleyes.gif

You're still wrong. mail-in voting does not mean all registered voters are automatically sent a ballot. As I showed you, Florida is an example. And that's just one state. Most states are like Florida...
We agree, but the terms we're using are the issue.
What I call "mail-in voting" is actually called "automatic" in your meme.
What I call "absentee voting" is what your meme calls "excuse required" or "no excuse required"

Trump opposes "automatic" mail-ins since the voter rolls are generally inaccurate. Just watch if Russia or China or someone else hacks them. Dogs, cats, and dead people generally can get ballots.

Trump supports all "absentee voting" since a real voter requests a real ballot.

Not exactly right.

icon_rolleyes.gif

What I call "absentee voting" is what your meme calls "excuse required" or "no excuse required"

Trump opposes "automatic" mail-ins since the voter rolls are generally inaccurate. Just watch if Russia or China or someone else hacks them. Dogs, cats, and dead people generally can get ballots.

LOL

And you're still wrong. A "mail-in" ballot is simply an absentee ballot which does not require a reason for voting by mail. It has nothing to do with how the state distributes such ballots.

• Mail-in ballot – Any qualified voter may apply for a mail-in ballot. You may simply request this ballot without a reason.
  • Absentee ballot – If you plan to be out of the municipality on election day or if you have a disability or illness, you should request this ballot type, which still requires you to list a reason for your ballot.

Most States don't have the infrastructure to handle millions of mail in ballots. They will sacrifice quality control to try to handle the volume. That is an open invitation to fraud. You commies are seeing the lack of enthusiasm for Biden and are hoping if you drop a ballot in peoples, lap they'll fill it out. The truth is you really don't care who fills them out.

They are already filling out mail in ballots by the thousands for dead people.......you can bet on that........
That’s a lie. I bet you read that on the internet.

Most States don't have the infrastructure to handle millions of mail in ballots. They will sacrifice quality control to try to handle the volume. That is an open invitation to fraud. You commies are seeing the lack of enthusiasm for Biden and are hoping if you drop a ballot in peoples, lap they'll fill it out. The truth is you really don't care who fills them out.

No you closet authoritarians hate democracy. You want to limit it so that only certain people can vote. You are all so transparent. The fact is voter fraud from mail-in voting is a lie.

It's all the same shit.

Hey genius. the voter REQUESTS an absentee ballot, they are NOT automatically mailed.

No you closet authoritarians hate democracy. You want to limit it so that only certain people can vote. You are all so transparent. The fact is voter fraud from mail-in voting is a lie.

Well commie, if wanting only citizens who are entitled to vote voting is authoritarian, I'm guilty as charged.

Not exactly right.

icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL

And you're still wrong. A "mail-in" ballot is simply an absentee ballot which does not require a reason for voting by mail. It has nothing to do with how the state distributes such ballots.
    • Mail-in ballot – Any qualified voter may apply for a mail-in ballot. You may simply request this ballot without a reason.
    • Absentee ballot – If you plan to be out of the municipality on election day or if you have a disability or illness, you should request this ballot type, which still requires you to list a reason for your ballot.

Your meme also has "automatic" which is the only balloting type Trump objects to. So why did you omit "automatic"?

Not exactly right.

icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL

Your meme also has "automatic" which is the only balloting type Trump objects to. So why did you omit "automatic"?
I omitted nothing. I copied and pasted the descriptions of mail-in ballots. Again, distribution is a separate discussion as mail-in ballots can be distributed automatically or on request, depending on the state.

I also didn't post a meme. So you're wrong about that too. :eusa_doh:

Forum List

Back