Trump right again they have come for the suburbs

EvilCat Breath

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2016

Once again Trump has been proven correct as California criminalizes single family homes. Now comes the army of inspectors to condemn homes and force their sale. This has been going on in a small scale for years. Now is the time to abolish neighborhoods.

This could backfire. Instead of affordable housing it might be luxury condos with rooftop pools.

This could backfire. Instead of affordable housing it might be luxury condos with rooftop pools.
That's been the primary concern from opposition groups. Like most ideas the left comes up with, we usually end up with the exact opposite of their stated intent.

Once again Trump has been proven correct as California criminalizes single family homes. Now comes the army of inspectors to condemn homes and force their sale. This has been going on in a small scale for years. Now is the time to abolish neighborhoods.

Do you think it applies to these neighborhoods?

Do you think it applies to these neighborhoods?

Does it apply to gated neighborhoods is more the question? More precisely, gated neighborhoods with onerous HOAs. That might be the reason for the law affecting "most" neighborhoods. Gated communities will be safe, until the residents need to venture beyond the gates. This is an arrow directly to the heart of middle class California. Trump was absolutely correct.

Does it apply to gated neighborhoods is more the question? More precisely, gated neighborhoods with onerous HOAs. That might be the reason for the law affecting "most" neighborhoods. Gated communities will be safe, until the residents need to venture beyond the gates. This is an arrow directly to the heart of middle class California. Trump was absolutely correct.
Most people can't afford a million dollar home. This zoning law don't mean squawk, it mainly for the people that want under a million dollar home.

Yea, that will a great place to live.

publichousingadadadadadffsrfdfgdfggfddsfetgryjtuj.jpg

That's been the primary concern from opposition groups. Like most ideas the left comes up with, we usually end up with the exact opposite of their stated intent.
That's because they lied about their actual intent. Just like with Obamacare: it was designed to fail, so as to pave the way for single payer, run by the government.

That's because they lied about their actual intent. Just like with Obamacare: it was designed to fail, so as to pave the way for single payer, run by the government.
Are you saying all people that live in the suburbs are millionaires.

When Antonio Villaraigosa was Mayor he envisioned turning Los Angeles into a vertical city with high rises like they have in New York. He wanted buildings that would incorporate live, work, shop, concepts so that the entire idea of commuting was eliminated.

"Now comes the army of inspectors to condemn homes and force their sale."

lol

Show me one news article where they condemn a home due to it being zoned "single family".

That one of the many way to combat homelessness and make housing cheaper.
This is great news, now I can put three more tiny homes in my backyard and charge $2K a month for each of them. Thanks Gavin, you just made it so I can pay my mortgage without working. I love it when democrats try to make things artificially cheaper. Easy to do because leftists can't see beyond the end of their noses.

lol

Show me one news article where they condemn a home due to it being zoned "single family".
This is another of Newsom's better ideas. SMH. It definitely is a boon for property owners, but it will ultimately lead to ghettos, shanty towns and reduction of quality of life. Way to go Gavin.

lol

Not one. They will be condemned for a myriad of other defects that zealous inspectors find. Up to code will take on a whole new meaning.

lol

Zoning creeps where there are onerous zoning regulations can condemn anything they desire when one of them or their buds decide they want property belonging to another.

Just so happens where that shooting went down a few years ago in San Bernardino back behind the Orange Show fair grounds is where they essentially stole property from my grandmothers estate (and others in that location. Grand's was a nice well built bricky) as they refused to issue a permit for dad could make some small plumbing repairs that needed to be done to keep the place rented. With taxes, expenses of owning private property and onerous dictates that go on in many places now private property owners will eventually become extinct.

This is great news, now I can put three more tiny homes in my backyard and charge $2K a month for each of them. Thanks Gavin, you just made it so I can pay my mortgage without working. I love it when democrats try to make things artificially cheaper. Easy to do because leftists can't see beyond the end of their noses.
Don't count on being saved by tiny homes. Looking at this law, approved homes will be duplexes, triplexes and apartment buildings or condos. In other words, contiguous units with shared walls. Many homes in Los Angeles have guest houses. That's what they want to get rid of.

Zoning creeps where there are onerous zoning regulations can condemn anything they desire when one of them or their buds decide they want property belonging to another.

Just so happens where that shooting went down a few years ago in San Bernardino back behind the Orange Show fair grounds is where they essentially stole property from my grandmothers estate (and others in that location) as they refused to issue a permit for dad could make some small plumbing repairs that needed to be done to keep the place rented. With taxes, expenses of owning private property and onerous dictates that go on in many places now private property owners will eventually become extinct.
Very very common ploy to make a property worthless. Refuse to issue permits for repairs, condemn the property for being in disrepair.

Very very common ploy to make a property worthless. Refuse to issue permits for repairs, condemn the property for being in disrepair.
Yup. They also use regulations and legislation to improve their own property values while degrading others. In Twin Falls county, Idaho they did this when they put limits on people wanted to subdivide larger parcels of land. That was after they had already filed on theirs as being subdivided of course. That was many moons ago and I am certain it has gotten worse since then.

Forum List

Back