Trump Lied?

The Presidential Record Act is basically silent on who makes the determination on which documents are Presidential Records and Which are private papers. It seems to imply that the decision is made by the President.
You clearly have not read the PRA, or else you have a very amusing definition for the word "silent".

3) The term "personal records" means all documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, of a purely private or nonpublic character which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term includes--

(A) diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business;

(B) materials relating to private political associations, and having no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; and

(C) materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the Presidency; and materials directly relating to the election of a particular individual or individuals to Federal, State, or local office, which have no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President.

In other words, classified documents about war plans for the invasion of Iran are not "personal records".

Dipshit.

But what about what the act actually says though? I'm just trying to understand this because I honestly don't believe that Trump would lie about this.

I thought that Biden was the "president?"
As with anything Trump says, I don't pay much attention to it. It's irrelevant. I don't care. The fact is, one day it is ok, the next day they call it espionage. And, any person who has been briefed with a classified memo has it in their heads, whether it is on paper or not. If we allow people's heads to be in their homes then having paper documents isn't really any different.

You clearly have not read the PRA, or else you have a very amusing definition for the word "silent".

3) The term "personal records" means all documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, of a purely private or nonpublic character which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term includes--

(A) diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business;

(B) materials relating to private political associations, and having no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; and

(C) materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the Presidency; and materials directly relating to the election of a particular individual or individuals to Federal, State, or local office, which have no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President.
You didn't provide a source for the material you supposedly quoted, so we can just ignore it.

The Presidential Record Act is basically silent on who makes the determination on which documents are Presidential Records and Which are private papers. It seems to imply that the decision is made by the President.

So, no. I don’t believe he lied. Reasonable people can and do disagree with any decision he made about certain papers not being Presidential Records. That’s fair. But it isn’t a fair basis to say that he “liked.”

As to whether he testifies at his own trial, that’s entirely up to him. The 5th Amendment guarantees that the prosecution is not allowed to call him to testify. (They aren’t even permitted to comment on his decision not to testify).

But it is HIS right when the government elects to try him. He also has an absolute right to testify on his own behalf if he so chooses. Just as the government can’t call on him to testify, they have no authority or right to prevent him from testifying.

I never believed (or wanted to believe) that he was a liar either and I do remember Trump saying that he declassified some documents before he left office, but my main worry is what's actually written there doesn't go into specific details like that and it can be used against him in court. Especially when he told his interviewer to read it. Also, I repeat what is going to be done to Biden about having documents that he supposedly shouldn't have?

As with anything Trump says, I don't pay much attention to it. It's irrelevant. I don't care. The fact is, one day it is ok, the next day they call it espionage. And, any person who has been briefed with a classified memo has it in their heads, whether it is on paper or not. If we allow people's heads to be in their homes then having paper documents isn't really any different.

I'm pretty sure that they've been on Trump about this all along, but they only wanted to charge him with it after he announced that he would be running again.

You didn't provide a source for the material you supposedly quoted, so we can just ignore it.
Um....retard? I most definitely provided a link to the PRA.

Idiot.

Thanks for proving you never read it and are just a partisan hack parrot repeating bullshit you have been fed.

Hilarious, idiot Biden was found to have classified documents scattered across multiple locations. Documents he's not legally entitled to be in possession of as a senator or VP. Multiple clear counts of breaking several laws. Just like Hillary. And the DOJ? Yep it's a Dem so they get a complete pass.

Nope. The PRA states very clearly the records are to be turned over to the government the day he leaves office.

AFTER which, he may have access to them.
That is legal custody, dumbass.

It is pretty stupid for the archivists to demand physical custody of millions of documents to only hand them right back.

Hence the law states legal custody

Hilarious, idiot Biden was found to have classified documents scattered across multiple locations. Documents he's not legally entitled to be in possession of as a senator or VP. Multiple clear counts of breaking several laws. Just like Hillary. And the DOJ? Yep it's a Dem so they get a complete pass.

I know that was my point. Nobody on the left (or even right for that matter) is scared of Biden like they are of Trump because Biden is their puppet.

Documents which are NOT personal records and are the property of the US Government:

classified-1.jpg

classified-2.jpg

classified-3.jpg

classified-4.jpg

classified-5.jpg

I can list more if you all need me to.

I never believed (or wanted to believe) that he was a liar either and I do remember Trump saying that he declassified some documents before he left office, but my main worry is what's actually written there doesn't go into specific details like that and it can be used against him in court. Especially when he told his interviewer to read it. Also, I repeat what is going to be done to Biden about having documents that he supposedly shouldn't have?
Biden allowed his house and property to be searched. He did not resist, and so he has not been charged for any documents found in his possession.

After obstructing and delaying and being an asshole about it for over a year, Trump turned over SOME of the documents he had in his possession.

This part is very important to understand: Trump is not being charged for any documents he turned over, despite his being a total dick about it.

Trump is being charged for not turning over the documents which had to be forcefully taken from him. I listed some of them above in post 34.

I must say it amazes me there are people out there who don't believe Trump is a liar. This is a positively stunning thing to hear. That certainly speaks to the incredible level of gaslighting which has been done to his supporters.

I'm pretty sure that they've been on Trump about this all along, but they only wanted to charge him with it after he announced that he would be running again.
I'm pretty sure Trump wants you to bleev that.

Actually, I'm certain of it.

Ok, so how about listing the stack of classified docs Joe Biden had illegally? Double-standard much?

You can't try to crucify Trump when he had a higher right to classified docs than Biden.
See post 36.

Try to catch up.

Forum List

Back