When I suggest that we need term limits the left ALWAYS says, thats taking the citizens right to vote away. Well riddle me this

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
How is filing lawsuits all over the country to remove Trump from the ballot not taking away the citizens right to vote? You are blatantly trying to disenfranchise ⅓ of the America population. Trump was never charged with insurrection, much less convicted of it, so how the hell do you justify taking away the citizens right to vote for him?
Now a group in DC is sueing to have him removed from the ballot in a state they don't even live in.

You people are pushing so hard that it's quite possible you will create a backlash you will regret for decades, or worse.

And if you actually believe that the majority of Americans agree with your position on him being unfit why goto these lengths and take the risk? Is it perhaps that you don't actually believe that?

How is filing lawsuits all over the country to remove Trump from the ballot not taking away the citizens right to vote? You are blatantly trying to disenfranchise ⅓ of the America population. Trump was never charged with insurrection, much less convicted of it, so how the hell do you justify taking away the citizens right to vote for him?
Now a group in DC is sueing to have him removed from the ballot in a state they don't even live in.

You people are pushing so hard that it's quite possible you will create a backlash you will regret for decades, or worse.

And if you actually believe that the majority of Americans agree with your position on him being unfit why goto these lengths and take the risk? Is it perhaps that you don't actually believe that?

The citizens already voted and Trump lost BIGLY. Trump has NEVER won the popular vote in any election.

By refusing to accept the results of the 2020 election, and by trying to overthrow the government, Trump has lost all right to run again.

• Banned
The citizens already voted and Trump lost BIGLY
The election hasn't happened yet ya foreign twat.
Trump has NEVER won the popular vote in any election
Presidents aren't elected on popular vote so that's irrelevant.
By refusing to accept the results of the 2020 election
Not a crime and also done by democrats all over the country in various elections.
trying to overthrow the government
Never happened.

Joe_Biden - What_if_I_Told_You.png

The citizens already voted and Trump lost BIGLY. Trump has NEVER won the popular vote in any election.

By refusing to accept the results of the 2020 election, and by trying to overthrow the government, Trump has lost all right to run again.

That TRUMP tried to overthrow the government is OPINION... he was not convicted of that. Unless you have a conviction, then you obviously dont have evidence...only opinion of the events. Also... past election performance has no bearing whatsoever on being elegible to run for election. Of course all that being true is why Democrats are working so feverishly to come up with charge after charge to find anything so that they can block Trump from running.
This is not how the election process is supossed to work in the U.S.A. .....North Korea maybe.

Just yet the one millionth example of left wing hypocrisy. Although, I'm not really a term limit person. I think it is naive to think that would make any difference for a few reasons.

1. The government is filled with Republicans and Democrats, most of whom are bought and paid for by their party. So, having term limits just means we will have different names but the government will still be filled with loyal Republicans and Democrats, bought and paid for by their party. And, in most all cases, a term limit doesn't mean one party would be replaced by another party. In almost all cases a bought and paid for Democrat would be replaced with another Democrat and the same would happen with Republicans as well.

2. We will never have any experienced politicians in the government. While that might sound like a good thing, with national security and intelligence matters, we don't need a constant set of rookies who don't know what they're doing.

3. One might also think that with term limits, these people would have less chance of being bought and paid for by lobbyists but I would argue the exact opposite. I worked in retail management for decades and I can tell you it is very common when hiring for the fourth quarter, some new hires will try to steal as much as they possibly can before getting laid off after Christmas. Same would happen with politicians. If they know they are only going to serve for a certain number of years or terms, many would try stealing as much as they possibly can before their term runs out.

Last edited:

I don't believe in congressional term limits because it violates the constitution and the founders had a reason to have no term limits.

As far as barring Trump from the vote; I disagree with it but we will have to let the courts sort out the constitutionality of it. I will accept whatever their ultimate interpretation is.

That TRUMP tried to overthrow the government is OPINION... he was not convicted of that. Unless you have a conviction, then you obviously dont have evidence...only opinion of the events. Also... past election performance has no bearing whatsoever on being elegible to run for election. Of course all that being true is why Democrats are working so feverishly to come up with charge after charge to find anything so that they can block Trump from running.
This is not how the election process is supossed to work in the U.S.A. .....North Korea maybe.

No it's not an "opinion" it's a fact certified in numerous trials throughout the country, for multiple J6 defendants.

We have a shit ton of "evidence" which starts with his Twitter feed, and includes every interview he'd done on the 2020 election, and his public confessions on national TV. There is also all of the evidence of the January 6th Committee, which the public has also seen.

In this case, we've been watching the crime unfold for years. The evidence is already in the public realm. You have to be wilfully deaf, blind and stupid to defend this traitorous criminal at this point.

And even dumber to consider his guilt to be an "opinion".

The election hasn't happened yet ya foreign twat.

Presidents aren't elected on popular vote so that's irrelevant.

Not a crime and also done by democrats all over the country in various elections.

Never happened.

It happened in 2020, fool. McConnell refused to vote for Trump's first impeachment because he said it was too close to the election, and the "voters should get to decide if he stays or goes".

Well the voters decided overwhelmingly that they wanted Trump GONE!!!! Even in states like Georgia and Arizona, where they elected Republican governors and House members, they voted for Joe Biden, because even Republicans didn't want him back in the White House.

Trump has steadfastly refused to leave, and the voters still don't want him. Mitch McConnell voted against the second impeachment and then begged Democrats to indict Trump. Grow some balls Mitch. Do your own dirty work!!

As for the rest of your bullshit denials, you're an idiot.

No it's not an "opinion" it's a fact certified in numerous trials throughout the country, for multiple J6 defendants.

We have a shit ton of "evidence" which starts with his Twitter feed, and includes every interview he'd done on the 2020 election, and his public confessions on national TV. There is also all of the evidence of the January 6th Committee, which the public has also seen.

In this case, we've been watching the crime unfold for years. The evidence is already in the public realm. You have to be wilfully deaf, blind and stupid to defend this traitorous criminal at this point.

And even dumber to consider his guilt to be an "opinion".

Multiple JAN 6 defendants?? are those rioters running for office? you seem to be confused as to who was convicted here.

Twitter crimes? first amendment crimes ?..oh yeah I get it. You're not an American so you don't understand. Those things are all subjective and opinion as to the context. Trump hasnt been convicted of insurrection or sedition..and he wont be. Its just another case of stop Trump at all costs

faux rebuttal, popular vote is not how our system works, ignorance is not an excuse on your part

I don't believe in congressional term limits because it violates the constitution and the founders had a reason to have no term limits.

As far as barring Trump from the vote; I disagree with it but we will have to let the courts sort out the constitutionality of it. I will accept whatever their ultimate interpretation is.

First, it's not unconstitutional to amend the constitution to allow congressional term limits. Second, we now have a supreme court justice that doesn't consider herself qualified to define "woman" because she is not a biologist. I don't trust the courts to interpretate the constitution correctly, but they do get it right sometimes I suppose.

How is filing lawsuits all over the country to remove Trump from the ballot not taking away the citizens right to vote?
Who's stopping you from voting? You're making even less sense than usual.

And no, the left doesn't generally say that about term limits. As far as arguments against term limits go, I hear that one just as often from the right.

The left generally points out the problem is that those with the money can buy the votes of politicians by way of campaign contributions. Term limits do nothing to address that, so they fix nothing. They are a way of deflecting from the real problem, so they make the real problem worse.

Last edited:
faux rebuttal, popular vote is not how our system works, ignorance is not an excuse on your part

Where did I post that it did???? In fact, I made a point of differentiating between "winning the election" and "winning the popular vote", and you're claiming I don't know the difference. You need classes in reading comprehension before discussing "ignorance" on the part of other posters.

I'm just pointing out the stupidity of running a guy who is losing the popular vote by larger and larger margins in each election, in more and more states.

First, it's not unconstitutional to amend the constitution to allow congressional term limits.

Certainly, good luck doing that, however is it wise to go against the founders reasons for doing so?

Second, we now have a supreme court justice that doesn't consider herself qualified to define "woman" because she is not a biologist. I don't trust the courts to interpretate the constitution correctly, but they do get it right sometimes I suppose.
Your trust is not required.

How do you define woman?

~~~~~~
Then term limits for presidents and State legislature imposed term limits on mayors to Congress persons should also be included in your statement.

~~~~~~
Then term limits for presidents and State legislature imposed term limits on mayors to Congress persons should also be included in your statement.

They could but it isn't relevant to this discussion because presidents already have term limits any more.

Are mayoral (never used that word before) and state legislature covered in the constitution?

Forum List

Back