Trump issues executive order freezing pay for 2.1 million federal workers in 2019

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
WOW! How much money can we take from that to build A WALL????.Just another excellent Executive Decision!!!....pays to be a registered DemonRAT Fed. Employee!!!

Trump issues executive order freezing pay for 2.1 million federal workers in 2019 as thousands remain furloughed under government shutdown

The order issued Friday will block a 2.1% blanket pay raise scheduled for January

It comes as 800,000 federal employees remain furloughed or working without pay due to the partial government shutdown

The order has been met with intense backlash from workers' advocates

President Donald Trump has issued an executive order freezing pay for federal workers in 2019, blocking a 2.1 percent pay raise that was set to go into effect across the board in January.

Friday's order comes as some 800,000 federal employees remain furloughed or working without pay due to the partial government shutdown that is expected to continue into the new year.

The order, which overrides an automatic raise law, has been met with intense backlash from workers' advocates.

'This is just pouring salt into the wound,' Tony Reardon, president of the National Treasury Employees Union - which represents about 100,000 federal workers - said in a statement.

'It is shocking that federal employees are taking yet another financial hit. As if missed paychecks and working without pay were not enough, now they have been told that they don’t even deserve a modest pay increase.'

Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

This is just pouring salt into the wound,' Tony Reardon, president of the National Treasury Employees Union - which represents about 100,000 federal workers - said in a statement.

A) How much does being President of the NTEU pay these days? 500 thou or so, I'm guessing?

B) Why are government "workers" Unionized anyway?

This is a great idea. If we just froze government spending altogether, the deficit would decrease more rapidly. Of course, we'd have to rebalance due to increased interest payments on the debt - so cutting out the Nonessential areas should be done as well.

WOW! How much money can we take from that to build A WALL????.Just another excellent Executive Decision!!!....pays to be a registered DemonRAT Fed. Employee!!!
I guess you think only Democrats work for the federal government?

Most of them are Dems if one looks at campaign donations.

Just before the 2016 presidential election, The Hill reported that “Federal government employees are opening their wallets to help Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump on Nov. 8.”

It checked Federal Election Commission records and reported that of the roughly $2 million given by feds in 14 agencies, “about $1.9 million, or 95 percent, went to” Clinton, the Democrat. It said that Department of Justicepolitical donors gave 99 percent of their money to Clinton, while at the State Department, which she once headed, only 1 percent of the reported political contributions went to candidate Trump. It said that Trump got $8,756 from Justice employees, compared to $286,797 (at that date) for Clinton. Of the political contributions fromInternal Revenue Service workers, 94 percent went to Clinton.

Are feds Democrats or Republicans? Follow the money trail!

CJNKPLEDMRDM5JRGI2LW7WMGUM.jpg

CJNKPLEDMRDM5JRGI2LW7WMGUM.jpg

Got to pay for the elite's tax cuts. Rob from the poor and give to the elites and now they want to balance the budget, LOL, take away all social programs.

The GOP and republicans are POS.

Got to pay for the elite's tax cuts. Rob from the poor and give to the elites and now they want to balance the budget, LOL, take away all social programs.

The GOP and republicans are POS.
Did YOU send your tax cut back......hypocrite and liar!...Oh, I forgot, wefare people don't count!

Just before the 2016 presidential election, The Hill reported that “Federal government employees are opening their wallets to help Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump on Nov. 8.”

It checked Federal Election Commission records and reported that of the roughly $2 million given by feds in 14 agencies, “about $1.9 million, or 95 percent, went to” Clinton, the Democrat. It said that Department of Justicepolitical donors gave 99 percent of their money to Clinton, while at the State Department, which she once headed, only 1 percent of the reported political contributions went to candidate Trump. It said that Trump got $8,756 from Justice employees, compared to $286,797 (at that date) for Clinton. Of the political contributions fromInternal Revenue Service workers, 94 percent went to Clinton.

Maybe they didn't like their parties candidate.

I also like how you cited "The Hill". I don't know how many times I have seen conservatives referred to "The Hill" as fake news.

But as I said...not every federal government employee is a Democrat. Look at Mueller and Comey...both of them are/were Republicans.

Trump issues executive order freezing pay for 2.1 million federal workers in 2019 as thousands remain furloughed under government shutdown

The order issued Friday will block a 2.1% blanket pay raise scheduled for January

It comes as 800,000 federal employees remain furloughed or working without pay due to the partial government shutdown

President Donald Trump has issued an executive order freezing pay for federal workers in 2019, blocking a 2.1 percent pay raise that was set to go into effect across the board in January.

Friday's order comes as some 800,000 federal employees remain furloughed or working without pay due to the partial government shutdown that is expected to continue into the new year.

The order, which overrides an automatic raise law, has been met with intense backlash from workers' advocates.

'This is just pouring salt into the wound,' Tony Reardon, president of the National Treasury Employees Union - which represents about 100,000 federal workers - said in a statement.

'It is shocking that federal employees are taking yet another financial hit. As if missed paychecks and working without pay were not enough, now they have been told that they don’t even deserve a modest pay increase.'

This is just pouring salt into the wound,' Tony Reardon, president of the National Treasury Employees Union - which represents about 100,000 federal workers - said in a statement.

A) How much does being President of the NTEU pay these days? 500 thou or so, I'm guessing?

Half of Federal Employees identify as Republicans

Looks like Trump just lost a million votes

I also like how you cited "The Hill". I don't know how many times I have seen conservatives referred to "The Hill" as fake news.

But as I said...not every federal government employee is a Democrat. Look at Mueller and Comey...both of them are/were Republicans.
They are both DEEP STATE, which had both Tep. & Dem. involved....

Link please!

Blah blah blah so sleepy.....zzzzzz

Could you possibly be more dull? And please, learn the proper use of an apostrophe.

Link please!
At your service

There Are More Republicans in Federal Government Than You Might Think

The less federal government we have the better off we'll be. The federal government has become way to big.

Could you possibly be more dull? And please, learn the proper use of an apostrophe.

Dull? We are talking politics here. I am sorry if it is dull to you. Maybe go watch some cartoons.

As for the punctuation comment. Did you understand the information I was trying to convey? We aren't in an English class so that's really all that matters.

Dull? We are talking politics here. I am sorry if it is dull to you. Maybe go watch some cartoons.

As for the punctuation comment. Did you understand the information I was trying to convey? We aren't in an English class so that's really all that matters.

I understand that you spew Prog talking points. As they are not your own, you can at least show some respect to the people here by using proper spelling, punctuation and grammar.

The salaries for the problem people should have been the first to stop, of course, the "demonrats" who are causing the shut down; instead they are traveling the world and partying lavishly while the lower echelon is punished. All government positions are over-paid and benefit-heavy compared to most taxpayers and it all should be adjusted. If not for government corruption, waste, and greed the taxes on the rest of us could be reduced and there would still be plenty of money for walls and security on every border, land and sea. Before liberal corruption, more was done for us Americans than against us as it is now. President Trump is not perfect but has done and continues to attempt to do more for us than anyone has in a very long time. The liberal criminal attacks are wearing on him and his family. The D's need to be stopped.

The salaries for the problem people should have been the first to stop, of course, the "demonrats" who are causing the shut down; instead they are traveling the world and partying lavishly while the lower echelon is punished. All government positions are over-paid and benefit-heavy compared to most taxpayers and it all should be adjusted. If not for government corruption, waste, and greed the taxes on the rest of us could be reduced and there would still be plenty of money for walls and security on every border, land and sea. Before liberal corruption, more was done for us Americans than against us as it is now. President Trump is not perfect but has done and continues to attempt to do more for us than anyone has in a very long time. The liberal criminal attacks are wearing on him and his family. The D's need to be stopped.
Too many falsehoods to address

Forum List

Back