Trump Is 'Single Largest Driver' Of Covid-19 Misinformation, Cornell Study Finds

It should be clear to everyone by now that Trump was right from the beginning, and we should have done herd immunity.
Not only has herd immunity historically always been the only end to any entrenched epidemic, but clearly the revelation that 90% of those infected were asymptomatic, proves it.
It means our previous lethality estimates were off by a factor of 10, and covid-19 is no more lethal than flu.
We just killed more by flattening the curve, which increased the area under the curve, over a longer time period.

I thought it was Lil’ Lying Fauci.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fffa3e33c-87ee-4199-b412-326b37ff9fa7_931x561.png
Another “doctored” piece?
What’s the source?
Unlike the RNC speeches in Front of the White House, at least they have masks.
Really? You think the picture is doctored?

I am a professional photographer. I have been using photoshop since it's first version. I can spot an altered shot from a mile away.

That is not an altered photo.

The woman's head is at a weird angle but the shadows from her head match up on the chair behind her to her left. You can also see the correct shape shadow of Fauci's head on the chair behind him to his left which is directly behind the lady. The seats are in the correct order with the numbers that show look in the correct succession. Fauci is sitting in the correct relation to others sitting in their seats too.

I will point out, they seem to be alone in that section which is proper public distancing. He and the lady with him should have kept his mask on.

If memory serves, it was around 95 degrees that day. Can't hydrate with a mask on unless one were to slide a straw underneath.

There is no water bottle to be seen in the image.

It should be clear to everyone by now that Trump was right from the beginning, and we should have done herd immunity.
Not only has herd immunity historically always been the only end to any entrenched epidemic, but clearly the revelation that 90% of those infected were asymptomatic, proves it.
It means our previous lethality estimates were off by a factor of 10, and covid-19 is no more lethal than flu.
We just killed more by flattening the curve, which increased the area under the curve, over a longer time period.
And those poor people under the curve who lived in Democrat led states really suffered.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fffa3e33c-87ee-4199-b412-326b37ff9fa7_931x561.png
What’s the source?

I am a professional photographer. I have been using photoshop since it's first version. I can spot an altered shot from a mile away.

The woman's head is at a weird angle but the shadows from her head match up on the chair behind her to her left. You can also see the correct shape shadow of Fauci's head on the chair behind him to his left which is directly behind the lady. The seats are in the correct order with the numbers that show look in the correct succession. Fauci is sitting in the correct relation to others sitting in their seats too.

I will point out, they seem to be alone in that section which is proper public distancing. He and the lady with him should have kept his mask on.
I appreciate your analysis. Seems legit.
Regarding whether they should all have masks on, that depends on the situation, no? If they are family members and no one else is around them, like in their own house, it may not be necessary to wear a mask.

They should have had their mask on to prevent exactly what's happening now.

He gave the far right a photo to use against him.

He also should have been wearing one to set a good example.

That is why he should have been wearing a mask.

He was obviously alone with those 2 people in that area. Those two people obviously were friends or family. No he didn't need to wear a mask because of the virus.
I respectively disagree.
Fauci is NOT POLITICAL. He’s a very experienced medical practitioner and should do what makes sense, based on his expert scientific understanding.
In that situation in the photo, no one was at risk for contracting a dangerous virus, unlike at Trump’s White House events.
As far as Fauci is concerned, I think we have to question him. His number one job for 40 years was to prepare and protect Americans from a pandemic. He failed.

Same with the CDC. They’re one job was to protect Americans and they failed miserably.
You don’t know how the authority works in an organization?
Trump sits at the top and the buck stops there. Fauci and CDC report to Trump; they give their scientific expert advice, which Trump often ignores for political reasons.
Trump is the one who failed the American people with his self-serving politics.
And now he & others in his dirty House are paying for his greed & stupidity with COVID-19 in their brains.

No, Trump wanted to go with herd immunity, which is what historically ended every other entrenched epidemic in all of history.
Fauci talked him out of it and into social distancing instead, which has proven to be a huge mistake.
Flattening the curve only kills more by stretching it out over time, greatly increasing the area under the curve.
Fauci's mistake was not doing enough testing to catch that 90% of the infected were asymptomatic.
Trump is ignorant about herd immunity, and should listen to the experts at CDC and others like Fauci.
About 70% of the population need to have COVID antibodies for herd immunity to occur, and that’s not going to happen until there’s a vaccine distributed to most of the population.

FROM a medical source:

Experts estimate that in the U.S., 70% of the population — more than 200 million people — would have to recover from COVID-19 to halt the epidemic. If many people become sick with COVID-19 at once, the health care system could quickly become overwhelmed. This amount of infection could also lead to serious complications and millions of deaths, especially among older people and those who have chronic conditions.

How can you slow the transmission of COVID-19?
Until a COVID-19 vaccine is developed, it's crucial to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus and protect individuals at increased risk of severe illness, including older adults and people of any age with underlying health conditions.To reduce the risk of infection:

• Avoid large events and mass gatherings!
  • Avoid close contact (within about 6 feet, or 2 meters) with anyone who is sick or has symptoms.
  • Stay home as much as possible and keep distance between yourself and others (within about 6 feet, or 2 meters) if COVID-19 is spreading in your community, especially if you have a higher risk of serious illness. Keep in mind some people may have the COVID-19virus and spread it to others, even if they don't have symptoms or don't know they have COVID-19.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
  • Wear a cloth face covering in public spaces, such as the grocery store, where it's difficult to avoid close contact with others, especially if you're in an area with ongoing community spread. Only use nonmedical cloth masks — surgical masks and N95 respirators should be reserved for health care providers.
  • Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw away the used tissue.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
  • Avoid sharing dishes, glasses, bedding and other household items if you're sick.
  • Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, light switches, electronics and counters, daily.
  • Stay home from work, school and public areas if you're sick, unless you're going to get medical care. Avoid public transportation, taxis and ride-sharing if you're sick.

What’s the source?

Regarding whether they should all have masks on, that depends on the situation, no? If they are family members and no one else is around them, like in their own house, it may not be necessary to wear a mask.

He was obviously alone with those 2 people in that area. Those two people obviously were friends or family. No he didn't need to wear a mask because of the virus.
I respectively disagree.
Fauci is NOT POLITICAL. He’s a very experienced medical practitioner and should do what makes sense, based on his expert scientific understanding.
In that situation in the photo, no one was at risk for contracting a dangerous virus, unlike at Trump’s White House events.
As far as Fauci is concerned, I think we have to question him. His number one job for 40 years was to prepare and protect Americans from a pandemic. He failed.

Same with the CDC. They’re one job was to protect Americans and they failed miserably.
Trump sits at the top and the buck stops there. Fauci and CDC report to Trump; they give their scientific expert advice, which Trump often ignores for political reasons.
And now he & others in his dirty House are paying for his greed & stupidity with COVID-19 in their brains.

No, Trump wanted to go with herd immunity, which is what historically ended every other entrenched epidemic in all of history.
Fauci talked him out of it and into social distancing instead, which has proven to be a huge mistake.
Flattening the curve only kills more by stretching it out over time, greatly increasing the area under the curve.
Fauci's mistake was not doing enough testing to catch that 90% of the infected were asymptomatic.
Trump is ignorant about herd immunity, and should listen to the experts at CDC and others like Fauci.
About 70% of the population need to have COVID antibodies for herd immunity to occur, and that’s not going to happen until there’s a vaccine distributed to most of the population.

FROM a medical source:

Experts estimate that in the U.S., 70% of the population — more than 200 million people — would have to recover from COVID-19 to halt the epidemic. If many people become sick with COVID-19 at once, the health care system could quickly become overwhelmed. This amount of infection could also lead to serious complications and millions of deaths, especially among older people and those who have chronic conditions.

Until a COVID-19 vaccine is developed, it's crucial to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus and protect individuals at increased risk of severe illness, including older adults and people of any age with underlying health conditions.To reduce the risk of infection:

• Avoid close contact (within about 6 feet, or 2 meters) with anyone who is sick or has symptoms.
  • Stay home as much as possible and keep distance between yourself and others (within about 6 feet, or 2 meters) if COVID-19 is spreading in your community, especially if you have a higher risk of serious illness. Keep in mind some people may have the COVID-19virus and spread it to others, even if they don't have symptoms or don't know they have COVID-19.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
  • Wear a cloth face covering in public spaces, such as the grocery store, where it's difficult to avoid close contact with others, especially if you're in an area with ongoing community spread. Only use nonmedical cloth masks — surgical masks and N95 respirators should be reserved for health care providers.
  • Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw away the used tissue.
  • Avoid sharing dishes, glasses, bedding and other household items if you're sick.
  • Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, light switches, electronics and counters, daily.
  • Stay home from work, school and public areas if you're sick, unless you're going to get medical care. Avoid public transportation, taxis and ride-sharing if you're sick.

Totally and completely wrong.
First of all, immunity is the ability of your immune system to easily identify and kill an invading pathogen.
It has nothing to do with antibodies.
The immune system may build antibodies as its chosen defense mechanism, but is can also choose something else, depending on what worked in the past.
And a person with immunity does NOT have antibodies ahead of time.
They are only generated when necessary, after an infection.

And clearly YES, you can easily achieve herd immunity without a vaccine.
We did not even invent vaccines until around 1800, so how do you think all those epidemics before 1800 ended?
And you can't use a vaccine to end an entrenched epidemic because that takes way too long to develop, and we have NEVER used a vaccine to ever end an entrenched epidemic.

The mistake Fauci made was because he did not have enough testing data.
The only people getting tested were those very sick.
It is only later we learned that 90% of those infected are asymptomatic.
And if you count those, then the lethality of covid-19 drops by a factor of 10.

"English language misinformation that also mentions the President of the United States"? How do you blame Trump for that? The "study" sounds like a typical computer generated hit piece on the President since it doesn't mention any other alleged sources of "misinformation".

First, you don't do herd immunity. It happens after most the population has been infected; that is, they have developed enough antibodies to fight off the virus. Herd immunity is achieved when those infected generates less than one secondary case on average. Estimates as to the percent of the population that must be infected to achieve herd immunity varies from 60% to 70%. That means 200 to 240 million will need to be infected and at the current death rate, that's 5 to 6 million deaths. Fortunately, a vaccine will force the body to produce antibodies that fight the virus making it easier to reach herd immunity. Also there is estimate as many 20 million people have already been infected. Prior to vaccines, waiting for herd immunity was the only way to eradicate the virus.

So come the first of the year, Donald Trump's thousands of trucks will speed the vaccine to towns and cities across the country and everybody get's vaccinated and that will be the end of the epidemic. I only wish that were so. The manufactures of the vaccine are not go to do mass inoculations anytime soon. They're going to release the drug to a large control group and when the manufacturer and the FDA are satisficed that the side effects of the drug are sufficiently low, they will begin a mass release to the general public. Most medical experts believe that will occur by next summer. So the virus will be gone by next summer. Well, not quite.

We know from current and pass surveys and studies, 20% of the population will not take the vaccine. We also know that 40% of the population will be slow to get inoculated preferring to wait till most everyone else has got the shot. We also know there is a large vocal group that will be warning people of dangers of a vaccine. Also, health authorities believe two inoculations will be required. So if we are able to get as much 45%% of the population inoculated by the end of next year it will be a miracle. By comparison only about 45% of population gets inoculated against the flu.

Although a covid vaccine will certainly reduce the number cases don't expect that to start happening for at least a year. Till then we have to rely on social distancing, masks, and testing/contact tracing/quarantining to reduce the numbers. It is also very likely you will be seeing people wearing masks and social distancing for years because people that are at high risk are still going to be encouraged to take precautions.

Last edited:

What’s the source?

I respectively disagree.

You are not dealing with normal people. The republicans have politicize everything.

It wasn't smart to give the republicans an opportunity to get the photo. No matter if he was social distancing or not. Look how they cropped the photo to take out the empty section.

These are very dishonest people.

I just don't think he should have given these very dishonest people the opportunity to take that photo.

Reading this thread, I think the brainwashed dupes here who are still living in continual fear over a virus with a 99.96% survival rate are completely insane. And the hilarious thing is, they think all those who aren’t on board with their indoctrinated brainwashed position are the crazy ones. Go back to the idiot box, bootlicking fools.
The survival rate for a disease is the total number of deaths due to the disease/ total number cases. That's
215,278/7,692,391 = .0279 or 3%. The mortality rate may be as low as 1% when accounting for people who are infected but don’t develop symptoms severe enough to be tested. The exact mortality rate of COVID-19 in the United States isn’t yet known. However we do know that a 1% mortality rate, it is 10 times more deadly than the flu.

We also know claiming a 99% survival rate is deceptive and is used as means downplaying the virus because the statistics are distorted due the huge difference in mortality between the young and old. The mortality rate from covid for those over 65-74 is over 170 times greater than those 15-24 and over 4000 times greater than ages 1-4.
Coronavirus: COVID Deaths in U.S. by Age, Race

I'm not surprised. trump and his people have been lying about this from the beginning.

It's not surprising the study found that trump is the single largest driver of virus lies.

A bunch of professional leftwing propagandists sucking on the government tit decided Trump was one "single-largest-driver-of-covid-19-misinformation?"

Who would have ever thunk it?

What’s the source?

I respectively disagree.

FROM a medical source:

First of all, immunity is the ability of your immune system to easily identify and kill an invading pathogen.
The immune system may build antibodies as its chosen defense mechanism, but is can also choose something else, depending on what worked in the past.

We did not even invent vaccines until around 1800, so how do you think all those epidemics before 1800 ended?
And you can't use a vaccine to end an entrenched epidemic because that takes way too long to develop, and we have NEVER used a vaccine to ever end an entrenched epidemic.

The immune system depends antibodies and T cells to fight off infections. That is a a known fact and I'm not going to bother to explain it to you. As I explained, asymptomatic cases develop antibodies and T cells and thus are considered infected in determining herd immunity. Suggesting that the nation should just wait for herd immunity to occur is insane. We should do all we can to reduce the number cases/deaths while working to develop and effective vaccine.

"English language misinformation that also mentions the President of the United States"? How do you blame Trump for that? The "study" sounds like a typical computer generated hit piece on the President since it doesn't mention any other alleged sources of "misinformation".
If you are referencing information in a post, please reply to that post so we will all know what you are referring to

What’s the source?

I respectively disagree.

FROM a medical source:

Flopper makes a lot of sense.
If you disagree with his posts, I’d like to see your side.

Why is Trump talking about subjects he knows nothing about?
He should let the experts talk!
Instead, he tries to sugarcoat the situation to make his own presidency look better, and he doesn’t mind deceiving the public in doing so. Lying is natural for him.

The laugh is, if he knew any history he would have known that US gathers around a president during a crisis. Trump squandered a golden edge opportunity because he was clueless... All Trump had to do was step back and let the experts take control and he has a simple press conference once a week supporting them and dealing with escalations...

Why is Trump talking about subjects he knows nothing about?
He should let the experts talk!
Instead, he tries to sugarcoat the situation to make his own presidency look better, and he doesn’t mind deceiving the public in doing so. Lying is natural for him.

The laugh is, if he knew any history he would have known that US gathers around a president during a crisis. Trump squandered a golden edge opportunity because he was clueless... All Trump had to do was step back and let the experts take control and he has a simple press conference once a week supporting them and dealing with escalations...
That's a good point you raise. Voters do not like to change leaders in the middle of a Crisis. Lincoln, Wilson, and FDR are just 3 examples of voter sticking with the guy leading the fight. However, Trump is not leading the fight. He is siding with the opposition. The country would be far better off if Trump had withdrawn to one his golf courses or just concentrated on his election campaign and left the leadership in the Coronavirus fight to his CDC director. Trump has been nothing but a hinderance and has cost lives.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back