Trump: "I'll fund my own campaign. I'd love to do that."

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
The title is a direct quote from Donald Trump.

Well, my question to Trump is this, "If you'd love to fund your own campaign, what's stopping you? You've been the presumptive GOP nominee for five weeks now and donors aren't 'falling all over themselves' to give you money. Can't you tell they aren't of a mind to fund your campaign? The rest of us can tell that. Why are you so dimwitted?"

By all means, nihil obstat, baby...You have everyone's imprimatur to self-fund to your heart's content. Do it and stop kvetching about Republicans not opening their checkbooks on your behalf. There's nothing I or millions of other Americans would love to do, which we are able to do, and that we blather on and on about loving to do all the while not doing it.

Fine, Donald. Fund your own campaign. "Piss or get off the pot," but frankly, nothing gets accomplished by your just talking about it and talking about funding your own campaign as though the rest of the party (country) should view your utterance to that effect as though it's a threat. I'm calling your bluff and bluster. Do it. I want to see you do it.

Trump will probably reimburse himself from donated campaign funds for the money he spent during the primaries.

He is allowed to do that, and he probably will.

It takes about a billion dollars to get someone elected President these days. Granted, a lot of that spending is done by SuperPACs not officially part of the candidate's campaign. Nevertheless, Trump is going to need truckloads of cash to keep going until November.

So, like the OP said, go for it Trump.

"I'm really rich!"

Trump should save some money for the fines he is going to have to pay for his Trump U fraud conviction, though.

Clinton is already running anti-Trump ads. I haven't seen a single ad from Trump.

Over the past few days, Trump has been at several fundraising events. Not only that, he's gone begging to the GOP, which now means that he's going to be in the pockets of lobbyists just like every other politician.

Trump needs an adjective in front of his name. He came up with "Lyin' Ted" and "Little Marco" and "Crooked Hillary" and "Crazy Bernie", it is only fair he be given a similar appellation.

Dapper Don?

Conflating Trump with a mobster is tempting, but...

How about Flipper Trump? He's always changing his position. You never know where he really stands.

"I'm Flipper Trump, and I approve this message."

The title is a direct quote from Donald Trump.

Well, my question to Trump is this, "If you'd love to fund your own campaign, what's stopping you? You've been the presumptive GOP nominee for five weeks now and donors aren't 'falling all over themselves' to give you money. Can't you tell they aren't of a mind to fund your campaign? The rest of us can tell that. Why are you so dimwitted?"

By all means, nihil obstat, baby...You have everyone's imprimatur to self-fund to your heart's content. Do it and stop kvetching about Republicans not opening their checkbooks on your behalf. There's nothing I or millions of other Americans would love to do, which we are able to do, and that we blather on and on about loving to do all the while not doing it.

Fine, Donald. Fund your own campaign. "Piss or get off the pot," but frankly, nothing gets accomplished by your just talking about it and talking about funding your own campaign as though the rest of the party (country) should view your utterance to that effect as though it's a threat. I'm calling your bluff and bluster. Do it. I want to see you do it.
That's it Sailor...where is all this big money he says he's got? 10 billion my heine ...sucker has to take out loans to pay for his entire campaign; any contributions he gets is going to pay-off his loans. Trump Supporters want him in the Oval Office...then they got to pay for it! In their face.

Over the past few days, Trump has been at several fundraising events. Not only that, he's gone begging to the GOP, which now means that he's going to be in the pockets of lobbyists just like every other politician.

Yes, that's likely so, assuming he actually gets the money he asks for.

The thing is that in the primary, Trump's being self-funding was at least part of why his supporters felt they should trust him. If he ceases to be self-funding, there goes that basis for trusting him. Now for many candidates, that may not be such a big deal, but for Trump with his lengthy list of lies and falsehoods (see also: People Donald Trump) -- more false and fabricated remarks than any other candidate -- he can't afford to give up the few reasons that may exist to trust him, no matter how sophistic they be.

You know, after watching Inside Edition this afternoon, I kinda have to wonder about how rich Trump really is.

Why? Seems that Charlie Sheen met Trump one time, shortly just before he got married to his last wife. When Trump found out that he was going to get married, Trump offered him the cufflinks he was wearing as a wedding gift.

He said they were platinum and diamond, and were worth a lot of money.

A little while later, Sheen took them to a jewelry shop to see how much they were worth. Guess what? Almost nothing, because they were made out of plated pewter and zirconium.

Trump didn't "fund" his own campaign in the primaries. He picked fights and said outlandish things so that the media would cover him as much as they did.

By some estimates, he's gotten several million dollars in free media from the television stations.

Forum List

Back