Trump did it again

What with all the methane escaping and the permafrost melting releasing more methane and more animals for food releasing more I am sure we can look forward to a smelly future...

The Trump administration just annouced that oil and gas companies will no longer be required to check for methane leaks, just when scientists are saying those kleaks are getting serious.
Fake news.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Trump administration just annouced that oil and gas companies will no longer be required to check for methane leaks, just when scientists are saying those leaks are getting serious.
They rolled back emissions and now lift regulations. Them frackers.

The Trump administration just annouced that oil and gas companies will no longer be required to check for methane leaks, just when scientists are saying those leaks are getting serious.
Well I certainly do not see a problem with methane leaks in piplines or storage facilities. Is not like natural gas is flammable or explosive or causes asphyxia when it collects in low low areas or inside facilities or pollutes the atmosphere with a known greenhouse gas for 15 years, or it's release into the atmosphere was already known to be rising from oil and gas production since the early 2000s, right?

Granted that is an perfectly valid albeit minor issue.. We have Democrats sanctioning the riots and destruction of our culture. So most of us are more concerned with the latter.

Ah ... thank you for the link ... pipelines leak money ... shareholder's money ... companies that don't plug their leaks will soon be out-of-business ... companies that continue plugging leaks, even without regulation, will stay in business ... invest wisely ...

The contribution of methane to the Greenhouse Effect is quite minimal ... the article tagged the regular bullshit statistics "methane is 25 times the GHG" ... maybe pound for pound, but we've many many many ... many ... more pounds of water vapor ...

Oh, and methane quickly decomposes into carbon dioxide in the atmosphere ... it's half-life is about 15 years is all ... I'd rather it wasn't leaking, but I'm more upset about the astonishing amount of plutonium flowing down the Tennessee River ... or kids spitting in each other's mouths at school ...

Ah ... thank you for the link ... pipelines leak money ... shareholder's money ... companies that don't plug their leaks will soon be out-of-business ... companies that continue plugging leaks, even without regulation, will stay in business ... invest wisely ...

The contribution of methane to the Greenhouse Effect is quite minimal ... the article tagged the regular bullshit statistics "methane is 25 times the GHG" ... maybe pound for pound, but we've many many many ... many ... more pounds of water vapor ...

Oh, and methane quickly decomposes into carbon dioxide in the atmosphere ... it's half-life is about 15 years is all ... I'd rather it wasn't leaking, but I'm more upset about the astonishing amount of plutonium flowing down the Tennessee River ... or kids spitting in each other's mouths at school ...
Now that is as fucking dumb of a statement as I have seen lately. In the short term, CH4 is 80 to 120 times as an effective green house gas as CO2. The present 1850 ppb is therefore equal to 185 ppm of CO2. That is already on top of the present CO2 level of 410 ppm. We are already past the doubling effect and the only reason we are not seeing the temperatures is the thermal inertia of the oceans. But even the oceans are showing a rapid rise in temperature.

1597802251846.png

Forum List

Back