Trump Cuts Disability & Social Security Benefits

What I find is hilarious is that not one person I have read on this thread realizes that SSDI and Social Security that you contribute out of your paycheck have not a damn thing to do with one another. They come from two different funding sources.

So what?

The greatest president of all time proves he is the man for the job by continuing to take benefits from those who need it the most the Elderly and Disabled. He continues to propose more spending cuts on these programs. The republicans really know how to save money, screw the people in this country who need those benefits the most the Elderly and Disabled. And I have to pat them on the back for making more disabled people have to go through more hoops just to get their benefits; review boards every few years to prove they really have a disability and aren't faking it or no longer need the money. We all know too many people in wheelchairs, on crutches, the blind, the deaf, the mentally retarded, and mentally ill are freeloaders and don't really need that money the government gives them. So many are just faking it after all. We also know way too many seniors are living high hog on those outrageously high social security checks they get, we need to slash those too.

I remember a woman I met who was disabled in wheelchair for severe back problems and deaf getting repeatedly denied disability benefits in her "Republican" state she lived in. She had to talk to the people denying her benefits through an interpreter who used sign language. It took 3 times going in person to try to get her benefits, writing letters to congressman, having doctors call in person stating why she needs these benefits, submitting medical records, and many months of stress. I specially remember a lady telling her over the phone "well I am disabled and I don't need benefits, I can work. Just because your disabled mam doesn't mean your entitled to benefits."

I remember all the loopholes and stress that poor woman had to go through just to get her benefits. Now the Republicans want these disabled American's to go through even more loopholes and stress just to get the benefits they need because too many Americans are faking a disability. So just to save some money we have to subject those disabled Americans who truly need those benefits too all this stress and hardship just to receive their benefits. Brilliant plan Republicans! Just Brilliant!

The term is "jumping through hoops", not "going through loopholes". Please educate yourself on the proper use of these terms.

Sorry im dyslexic. I was diagnosed with it as a kid. I was fired from a job as a stocker for failing a reading and comprehension test.

My university was stupid enough to give me a Master's degree and an A in two semesters of Calculus.

The greatest president of all time proves he is the man for the job by continuing to take benefits from those who need it the most the Elderly and Disabled. He continues to propose more spending cuts on these programs. The republicans really know how to save money, screw the people in this country who need those benefits the most the Elderly and Disabled. And I have to pat them on the back for making more disabled people have to go through more hoops just to get their benefits; review boards every few years to prove they really have a disability and aren't faking it or no longer need the money. We all know too many people in wheelchairs, on crutches, the blind, the deaf, the mentally retarded, and mentally ill are freeloaders and don't really need that money the government gives them. So many are just faking it after all. We also know way too many seniors are living high hog on those outrageously high social security checks they get, we need to slash those too.

I remember a woman I met who was disabled in wheelchair for severe back problems and deaf getting repeatedly denied disability benefits in her "Republican" state she lived in. She had to talk to the people denying her benefits through an interpreter who used sign language. It took 3 times going in person to try to get her benefits, writing letters to congressman, having doctors call in person stating why she needs these benefits, submitting medical records, and many months of stress. I specially remember a lady telling her over the phone "well I am disabled and I don't need benefits, I can work. Just because your disabled mam doesn't mean your entitled to benefits."

I remember all the loopholes and stress that poor woman had to go through just to get her benefits. Now the Republicans want these disabled American's to go through even more loopholes and stress just to get the benefits they need because too many Americans are faking a disability. So just to save some money we have to subject those disabled Americans who truly need those benefits too all this stress and hardship just to receive their benefits. Brilliant plan Republicans! Just Brilliant!

The term is "jumping through hoops", not "going through loopholes". Please educate yourself on the proper use of these terms.

Sorry im dyslexic. I was diagnosed with it as a kid. I was fired from a job as a stocker for failing a reading and comprehension test.

My university was stupid enough to give me a Master's degree and an A in two semesters of Calculus.
And what University was that?

I'm confused here. You were fired from a job for that? What company gives any employee a reading and comprehension test after they were hired and working for them?

I can understand cutting some disability benefits. Those would be children with IEP's meaning they are in special classes at school. These children are learning disabled so they are getting the special teacher they need with an educational program made just for that child.

I disagree with you there. I was a special needs kid growing up with an IEP. I was diagnosed with Dyslexia and ADHD as a kid and was put in Special Needs classes. Special Education teachers and Special Education programs are often very underfunded with teachers having to put their own money in just for supplies.
I was ADHD, but I got over it, started drinking coffee, that took care of the problem and was able to focus, so much my bosses said I was meticulous. Public Education(Indoctrination) is all about drugging our kids into zombies, thus enabling them to be more controlled later on in life as we see with the Democrap Party.

I can understand cutting some disability benefits. Those would be children with IEP's meaning they are in special classes at school. These children are learning disabled so they are getting the special teacher they need with an educational program made just for that child.

I disagree with you there. I was a special needs kid growing up with an IEP. I was diagnosed with Dyslexia and ADHD as a kid and was put in Special Needs classes. Special Education teachers and Special Education programs are often very underfunded with teachers having to put their own money in just for supplies.
I taught TITLE 1 and you are right. I used my own money for shoes, socks, rewards. scarves gloves and belts. Some of the parents get their clothes from charities, but it doesn't always go to the children. I had enough for supplies, it was a problem with parents in crisis. Some of the Disability funding I believe is going for drugs. I always had to buy the Valentines and extra Halloween costumes so the children could enjoy school like any other student. That was just the inner city.
Ah yes, that inner city, where corruption is just the norm. In Washington DC back in the 1990's the public school administrator stole over 300,000 dollars so she could have fur coats and nice cars. Real nice of those liberals(black woman).

:linky::link:
Trump's Funding Cuts To The Disabled Are Bad Economic Policy

Trump Outlines a Significant Social Security Cut in His 2020 Budget | The Motley Fool
I am on disability. I go through the visit to the Dr. each year. I don't mind because there is so much fraud involved. The money they save from cutting back should be used to investigate those in Disability and put them back on if tests indicate they are truly disabled.

LOL, spoken like a true idiot, not realizing this is gutting the program, so ultimately in the long term they'll have to make severe cuts to your own supplemental income.

What I find is hilarious is that not one person I have read on this thread realizes that SSDI and Social Security that you contribute out of your paycheck have not a damn thing to do with one another. They come from two different funding sources.

So what?

Try reading the posts and see the massive confusion between the two programs running rampant through the thread.

I was ADHD, but I got over it, started drinking coffee, that took care of the problem and was able to focus, so much my bosses said I was meticulous. Public Education(Indoctrination) is all about drugging our kids into zombies, thus enabling them to be more controlled later on in life as we see with the Democrap Party.

Public schools do not and cannot drug our kids into zombies. You are full of shit!

Sorry! The bullshit in that post is getting far to deep. I'll already have to replace my shoes and I holding my arm up to save my watch!

You lie like all prog filth.

I can understand cutting some disability benefits. Those would be children with IEP's meaning they are in special classes at school. These children are learning disabled so they are getting the special teacher they need with an educational program made just for that child. There aren't any needs that are not being met. They get free glasses if they need them, free breakfast, lunches and nurses on call for them. But, each mother receives hundreds of dollars each month from SSDI...for each child they have enrolled in the smaller classes. That amounts to close to a thousand a month for big families. They have no need for this money, all are getting food stamps. Section 8 housing, Medicaid, free clothing often..

Think of how many students are in these classes throughout the nation. The real extra cost for these children are the smaller classes that meet their needs. And that is covered by IDEA and Title I.

When children need special equipment, they get it from different funds.

Having an IEP does not mean the child is disabled, nor does it depend on income.... only that they need an Individual Education Plan (IEP) Not all kids with IEP's are disabled or qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Any income, such as SSI, is deducted from food stamp allotments for that household. Unearned income (SSI & certain others) only a percentage is deducted. AND kids receiving SSI receive a smaller amount than an adult. To qualify for SSI, the child must be under 18 and blind &/or disabled according to Social Security Administration (SSA) rules.

SSDI=Social Security Disability Income-Must have worked and paid into the fund and to qualify for disability payments, must have earned a certain number of credits that equals about 10 years employment.

SSI-Supplemental Security Income-for low income and/or those who have not worked required number of years/credits, yet are determined disabled according to SSA rules. States have a lot more say in SSI cases.

I can understand cutting some disability benefits. Those would be children with IEP's meaning they are in special classes at school. These children are learning disabled so they are getting the special teacher they need with an educational program made just for that child. There aren't any needs that are not being met. They get free glasses if they need them, free breakfast, lunches and nurses on call for them. But, each mother receives hundreds of dollars each month from SSDI...for each child they have enrolled in the smaller classes. That amounts to close to a thousand a month for big families. They have no need for this money, all are getting food stamps. Section 8 housing, Medicaid, free clothing often..

Think of how many students are in these classes throughout the nation. The real extra cost for these children are the smaller classes that meet their needs. And that is covered by IDEA and Title I.

Having an IEP does not mean the child is disabled, nor does it depend on income.... only that they need an Individual Education Plan (IEP) Not all kids with IEP's are disabled or qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Any income, such as SSI, is deducted from food stamp allotments for that household. Unearned income (SSI & certain others) only a percentage is deducted. AND kids receiving SSI receive a smaller amount than an adult. To qualify for SSI, the child must be under 18 and blind &/or disabled according to Social Security Administration (SSA) rules.

SSDI=Social Security Disability Income-Must have worked and paid into the fund and to qualify for disability payments, must have earned a certain number of credits that equals about 10 years employment.

SSI-Supplemental Security Income-for low income and/or those who have not worked required number of years/credits, yet are determined disabled according to SSA rules. States have a lot more say in SSI cases.
What you say is true. For those who do get SSI, they have to be in the poverty level and do need an IEP.

What you say is true. For those who do get SSI, they have to be in the poverty level and do need an IEP.
They also need psychological testing.

But income or poverty level does not determine the need of an IEP. Even 'rich' kids may need an IEP.....though it may be a higher number of IEP's are in poverty. But also, states have a lot of say when it comes to SSI funds, even though it's still a federal program, so your state may include different rules than my state would......there is also what's called a 504 plan that is also used for learning challenges.

They also need psychological testing.

In our state, the kids need a DR's diagnosis of a learning disorder, that may or may not require the psychological testing.

Forum List

Back