Trump Cuts Disability & Social Security Benefits

"Trump's budget proposal for fiscal 2020 aims to halve the amount of retroactive pay disabled persons can recover to six months from 12 months. Doing so would reduce program outlays by $3.61 billion between 2020 and 2024, and almost $10 billion on the dot, in aggregate, over the next decade."

Trump blows that much on GOLF TRIPS

Are you kidding?

I can understand cutting some disability benefits. Those would be children with IEP's meaning they are in special classes at school. These children are learning disabled so they are getting the special teacher they need with an educational program made just for that child.

I disagree with you there. I was a special needs kid growing up with an IEP. I was diagnosed with Dyslexia and ADHD as a kid and was put in Special Needs classes. Special Education teachers and Special Education programs are often very underfunded with teachers having to put their own money in just for supplies.
I taught TITLE 1 and you are right. I used my own money for shoes, socks, rewards. scarves gloves and belts. Some of the parents get their clothes from charities, but it doesn't always go to the children. I had enough for supplies, it was a problem with parents in crisis. Some of the Disability funding I believe is going for drugs. I always had to buy the Valentines and extra Halloween costumes so the children could enjoy school like any other student. That was just the inner city.

The greatest president of all time proves he is the man for the job by continuing to take benefits from those who need it the most the Elderly and Disabled. He continues to propose more spending cuts on these programs. The republicans really know how to save money, screw the people in this country who need those benefits the most the Elderly and Disabled. And I have to pat them on the back for making more disabled people have to go through more hoops just to get their benefits; review boards every few years to prove they really have a disability and aren't faking it or no longer need the money. We all know too many people in wheelchairs, on crutches, the blind, the deaf, the mentally retarded, and mentally ill are freeloaders and don't really need that money the government gives them. So many are just faking it after all. We also know way too many seniors are living high hog on those outrageously high social security checks they get, we need to slash those too.

I remember a woman I met who was disabled in wheelchair for severe back problems and deaf getting repeatedly denied disability benefits in her "Republican" state she lived in. She had to talk to the people denying her benefits through an interpreter who used sign language. It took 3 times going in person to try to get her benefits, writing letters to congressman, having doctors call in person stating why she needs these benefits, submitting medical records, and many months of stress. I specially remember a lady telling her over the phone "well I am disabled and I don't need benefits, I can work. Just because your disabled mam doesn't mean your entitled to benefits."

I remember all the loopholes and stress that poor woman had to go through just to get her benefits. Now the Republicans want these disabled American's to go through even more loopholes and stress just to get the benefits they need because too many Americans are faking a disability. So just to save some money we have to subject those disabled Americans who truly need those benefits too all this stress and hardship just to receive their benefits. Brilliant plan Republicans! Just Brilliant!

Trump doesn't have the ability to do any of that. And how often do the Democrats in the House adopt his ideas?

All bark and no bite. Piglosi would never propose that in the House even if Trump went and Twittered her to death. It's not going to happen.

"Trump's budget proposal for fiscal 2020 aims to halve the amount of retroactive pay disabled persons can recover to six months from 12 months. Doing so would reduce program outlays by $3.61 billion between 2020 and 2024, and almost $10 billion on the dot, in aggregate, over the next decade."

Trump blows that much on GOLF TRIPS

Are you kidding?
You do recall he doesn't take a salary, right?

Trump Outlines a Significant Social Security Cut in His 2020 Budget | The Motley Fool

These people are already eligible for up to 12 months of workers compensation and/or STATE disability payments.

A lot of people with disabilities are already barely getting by.

I'm certainly not supporting Trump in 2020, with this news.

Trump Outlines a Significant Social Security Cut in His 2020 Budget | The Motley Fool

These people are already eligible for up to 12 months of workers compensation and/or STATE disability payments.

Were you before this OLD news

The greatest president of all time proves he is the man for the job by continuing to take benefits from those who need it the most the Elderly and Disabled. He continues to propose more spending cuts on these programs. The republicans really know how to save money, screw the people in this country who need those benefits the most the Elderly and Disabled. And I have to pat them on the back for making more disabled people have to go through more hoops just to get their benefits; review boards every few years to prove they really have a disability and aren't faking it or no longer need the money. We all know too many people in wheelchairs, on crutches, the blind, the deaf, the mentally retarded, and mentally ill are freeloaders and don't really need that money the government gives them. So many are just faking it after all. We also know way too many seniors are living high hog on those outrageously high social security checks they get, we need to slash those too.

I remember a woman I met who was disabled in wheelchair for severe back problems and deaf getting repeatedly denied disability benefits in her "Republican" state she lived in. She had to talk to the people denying her benefits through an interpreter who used sign language. It took 3 times going in person to try to get her benefits, writing letters to congressman, having doctors call in person stating why she needs these benefits, submitting medical records, and many months of stress. I specially remember a lady telling her over the phone "well I am disabled and I don't need benefits, I can work. Just because your disabled mam doesn't mean your entitled to benefits."

I remember all the loopholes and stress that poor woman had to go through just to get her benefits. Now the Republicans want these disabled American's to go through even more loopholes and stress just to get the benefits they need because too many Americans are faking a disability. So just to save some money we have to subject those disabled Americans who truly need those benefits too all this stress and hardship just to receive their benefits. Brilliant plan Republicans! Just Brilliant!

:linky::link:
Trump's Funding Cuts To The Disabled Are Bad Economic Policy

I am on disability. I go through the visit to the Dr. each year. I don't mind because there is so much fraud involved. The money they save from cutting back should be used to investigate those in Disability and put them back on if tests indicate they are truly disabled.

there’s no doubt there are people gaming the system. I don’t know if more disability reviews are going to significantly cut the fraud out though, and this is just a starting point to getting a budget done. I doubt it will be implemented as long as democrats control the house.
Have you seen the shows that catch those who aren't disabled water skiing, carrying 50" tv's into their house and golfing?

Were you before this OLD news

I wasn't planning to vote, in fact I still probably won't.

My vote in the Presidential election doesn't' really matter.

The term is "jumping through hoops", not "going through loopholes". Please educate yourself on the proper use of these terms.

I am on disability. I go through the visit to the Dr. each year. I don't mind because there is so much fraud involved. The money they save from cutting back should be used to investigate those in Disability and put them back on if tests indicate they are truly disabled.

there’s no doubt there are people gaming the system. I don’t know if more disability reviews are going to significantly cut the fraud out though, and this is just a starting point to getting a budget done. I doubt it will be implemented as long as democrats control the house.
Have you seen the shows that catch those who aren't disabled water skiing, carrying 50" tv's into their house and golfing?

I have not. My sister is a doctor and she told me she knows of many people that aren’t really disabled that she comes across that do receive disability benefits because they’re gaming the system. I don’t know what percentage of people on disability are committing fraud, but I know it exists

Problem is exposing fraud typically isn’t easy

He has saved this country so much and now he should "drain the swamp" of those who are on disability but could be working.

I have not. My sister is a doctor and she told me she knows of many people that aren’t really disabled that she comes across that do receive disability benefits because they’re gaming the system. I don’t know what percentage of people on disability are committing fraud, but I know it exists
On the other hand, older people should get a break on expensive medicines.

He has saved this country so much and now he should "drain the swamp" of those who are on disability but could be working.

What does medicine have to do with disability? That is Medicare!

I don't know how. From what I've been told by many people, you just about have to be on your last breath to get disability. Most people get rejected the first time. From there, you have to get lawyers to fight it out for you.

My former coworker is a great example of this. He had several surgeries, he even lost his drivers license for vision problems. He had the IQ of 20. Great guy and all, but he was the opposite of intelligent.

He's a loner, probably never had a woman in his life. He has the mentality of a child. On top of that, multiple medical conditions to boot. In fact, after he lost his license, my employer went to visit him once a week to drive him for groceries. He lives out in the sticks with no busses or help outside of his family, who wants to get rid of him since he's living in one of their apartments.

No, not really.
Trump is the swamp.

Forum List

Back