Trump claims presidents can declassify documents ‘even by thinking about it

“There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it,” Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity. “If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.

So, do you all agree with this? Is just the mere thought of something being declassified enough to make it so?
No I don't think it should be that easy.

But if what he, had was raid worthy, why did they leave in June without taking any?

How do you know that is what Trump had in his home?

And if those are what Trump had in his home, why did he not make them public so we all could see them and know the truth?
Good question.
I know he requested all the documents and he never got them. He is the president. He can get what he wants.
Of course, you cant believe a word he says so he might not have even requested them.

But if what he, had was raid worthy, why did they leave in June without taking any?
That wasn’t an option. The DoJ lawyers weren’t allowed to search for more documents and they had no legal right to force Trump’s attorneys on the issue.

This actually bothers me, not in regards to Trump specifically, but to the idea that the POTUS is almost some sort of demi-god that has unlimited power and gets whatever they want.

This is not the way it is supposed to be.
Of that we both agree. While I agree he can declassify documents, a process needs to be in place to do it and followed.

This actually bothers me, not in regards to Trump specifically, but to the idea that the POTUS is almost some sort of demi-god that has unlimited power and gets whatever they want.

Oh no, I get that. And they damn sure shouldnt. But it is classified info and he is the CiC. I dont understand why he shouldnt be allowed to any document he wants.

How many executive orders has Biden issued?

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
How many executive orders has Biden issued?
Anyone that does not simply direct a govt agency is one too many.
Every President abuses their power with this EO shit. Every one of them should be impeached and removed from office when they do that.

And here you come assigning emotional tags and telling other people how they feel.

Your hate of Trump is obvious as is your desire to trash anyone who doesn't share it.

:itsok:

According to this, it isnt so black and white.
He can basically do whatever he wants with declassification. There are informal protocols, but nothing set in stone. EXCEPT nuclear documents. Those are protected under the Atomic Energy Act.
Apparently, just because they are declassified, doesnt mean they can just take those documents with them when they leave the WH either.
Key points in your link: A sitting U.S. president has wide-ranging authority to classify and declassify certain documents, but former presidents do not have authority over classification and declassification.

Sure, Rump could have declassified the documents he had in his possession when he was president. Problem is, no one has come forward with proof that he did.

Rump and his idiot friends talk a big talk outside the courtroom but once inside, they become as quiet as church mice.

I think there needs to be at least some sort of verbal communication. But im no expert.
I guess its possible.
SC basically said they can do what they want with it.
If he never mentions it to anyone, how the hell can they be declassified?

I'm sorry, are you actually comparing taking home the docs that prove the DNC, HRC, Obama & his WH & fed law enforcement illegally targeted DT & committed felony sedition in the act is the same as declassifying every single document in the US?
Nice strawman you got going there but it's losing it's stuffing

View attachment 699760
e95ymsnxocp91.gif

if Trump was illegally targeted, then Barr would have addressed it.

Forum List

Back