Trump back-tracks on "punishment" for women getting an abortion.

Trump should know better than walking into the traps that left wingers like Chris Matthews set. Hillary never takes a question from a hostile interviewer. Trump said he would punish women who received an abortion if abortion was illegal. How is that so incomprehensible to the left?

Trump backtracks on question of punishing women for abortion

Am I the only one who thinks he should have played this differently? I'm actually pro-choice for the record, but in theory if it were to become illegal, then I think both the woman and performing doctor are breaking the law and thus both should be "punished" - aka legal charges.

I guess I'm not getting exactly why the woman who seeks out an illegal abortion should be "spared" - I disagree that she is a "victim" - she's made a choice to do something illegal. How can we justify charging folks with committing a crime if they're doing drugs when I'm quite sure a lot of those folks are "victims" of addiction. If they can't get a "victim" exception for their addiction, then why should a woman who has an illegal abortion get a "I got pregnant" exception?

What am I missing?

You're missing that musing on making something that is legal ILLEGAL and what should happen in that hypothetical shouldnt be discussed.

Trump should know better than walking into the traps that left wingers like Chris Matthews set. Hillary never takes a question from a hostile interviewer. Trump said he would punish women who received an abortion if abortion was illegal. How is that so incomprehensible to the left?

I think the big thing is he took it back, and said to punish the doctors who perform them as the women are victims,
you know what, if he pushes the button on a nuke there is no taking it back. He is dangerous.

The left will never mention the "if abortion is illegal" premise in their criticism.

the left is so empty when they try to win off the backs of dead babies

poor nutty steffie.

maybe you should worry about your own life.
So you are saying everyone should be selfish and only think about themselves?

no. I'm saying steffie is nuts and isn't smart enough to make her own decisions, much less decisions for others.

but thanks for your attempt at altruism. :rolleyes:
I was just askin..

the Democrat party should be known as the : party who champions the killing of your alls offspring/children/human beings.

No one is forcing anyone to have an abortion. You must agree then that the women should get life in prison for first degree murder.

hmm perhaps Penelope has a point - that's the trick of it, what would the punishment for getting an illegal abortion be? How does one quantify it; for some it's murder, for others it's like having a wart removed (sorry for the crass terms folks, but that's the divide) A fine? Could our legal system put a price on an unborn fetus? Jail time? And exactly how far does it go? the entire point of banning abortions would be to stop them from happening right? So would we have to arrest women for "attempted" or "suspected obtainment of an abortion?" Would we have undercover "abortion doctors"? Strollingbones has a point as well, what about involved fathers who knew what the woman was doing? Is that "conspiracy to get an abortion"?

Uf I can see why the courts have been loathe to touch this sticky wicket. I'd actually never put this much thought into it before, intriguing.

The left will never mention the "if abortion is illegal" premise in their criticism.

Facts are the Left's worst enemy.

OBTW. Cruz also lost any support I might have had at the same time because according to him, the woman hiring the hhitman should walk free
Cruz was speaking to the arresting of the woman for a currently legal practice that she shouldn't be arrested. See how this works? Stop allowing liberals asking you questions that aren't previewed first. They are deceitful snakes.

Forum List

Back