Trump back-tracks on "punishment" for women getting an abortion.

EverCurious

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
Alaska
Trump backtracks on question of punishing women for abortion

Am I the only one who thinks he should have played this differently? I'm actually pro-choice for the record, but in theory if it were to become illegal, then I think both the woman and performing doctor are breaking the law and thus both should be "punished" - aka legal charges.

I guess I'm not getting exactly why the woman who seeks out an illegal abortion should be "spared" - I disagree that she is a "victim" - she's made a choice to do something illegal. How can we justify charging folks with committing a crime if they're doing drugs when I'm quite sure a lot of those folks are "victims" of addiction. If they can't get a "victim" exception for their addiction, then why should a woman who has an illegal abortion get a "I got pregnant" exception?

What am I missing?

A friend of mine was telling me about Anderson Cooper interviewing Trump and how Trump avoided answering most of Anderson's questions. Yep, this is the guy the RW wants as President. No accountability, just a meglomaniac.

... What does that have to do with my OP??

Is it normal for your kind to just stop reading at the word "Trump" and start drooling partisan shit?

That's what I thought. Any clue why they're considering the woman a "victim" in this case? I can't find anything about this "ideal" on the web and I honestly just don't get it.

He never said that women should be punished for getting an abortion. He said a women should be punished IF ABORTION WERE ILLEGAL.

It makes perfect sense if something is illegal to have a punishment for it. But of course liberals went apeshit over the statement. Just like they do for him saying we should enforce current immigration laws.

Last edited:
last week it was all about the homosexuals, this week abortions=the killing of your own offspring

now tell me there isn't something screwed up this country

the left is so empty when they try to win off the backs of dead babies

Do you think abortion should be criminalized? Want to see all pregnant women who'd rather terminate a pregnancy locked up and forced to give birth?

Am I the only one who thinks he should have played this differently? I'm actually pro-choice for the record, but in theory if it were to become illegal, then I think both the woman and performing doctor are breaking the law and thus both should be "punished" - aka legal charges.

I guess I'm not getting exactly why the woman who seeks out an illegal abortion should be "spared" - I disagree that she is a "victim" - she's made a choice to do something illegal. How can we justify charging folks with committing a crime if they're doing drugs when I'm quite sure a lot of those folks are "victims" of addiction. If they can't get a "victim" exception for their addiction, then why should a woman who has an illegal abortion get a "I got pregnant" exception?

What am I missing?
I agree with you. The premise of the question was if abortion was illegal. If true, then, yes the women and Doctor should be arrested for breaking the law. Don't like the law, then change it.

MSNBC plays this fucking game all the time with republicans. Set up a false premise and ask a question that requires you to answer truthfully. Then conveniently don't mention the premise again, just the question asked. There is a reason the GOP banned NBC from hosting a debate and the idiot candidates go on a townhall.

GOP, the liberal media isn't there to help you get your message out. They are there to destroy you and elect communists.

Last edited:

What am I missing?

Nothing. I was a Trump supporter, I can't be now.

He answered a hypothetical question correctly, as you pointed out.

IF it were a criminal activity, then those who willfully participate are criminals. Period.

If the same woman hires a hit an to kill her husband, would she be spared?

OBTW. Cruz also lost any support I might have had at the same time because according to him, the woman hiring the hhitman should walk free

That's simply dangerous thought process

the Democrat party should be known as the : party who champions the killing of your alls offspring/children/human beings.

What am I missing?

SBA List on Trump's Abortion Comments - Susan B. Anthony List
At the bottom of the article.

Well I'm not sure where drug addiction comes into play, as someone who drinks and drives and kills someone gets manslaughter and jail time and he/she might be addicted.

Forum List

Back