Trump back-tracks on "punishment" for women getting an abortion.

You're missing that musing on making something that is legal ILLEGAL and what should happen in that hypothetical shouldnt be discussed.

I'm curious why you don't think it should be discussed? If Trump intends to push for a ban on abortions then I think it is very prudent to discuss what that entails. (Though for the record, I do not believe that such a law would be Constitutional so I'm not sure he could honestly.)

Perhaps we should sterilize the man and woman who attempt to abort their child. Easy, and they are not taking up space in prison and nor do we have to feed them. Also if they like to screw around without using protection , no more treatment for VD's either. Time to quit playing around with this stuff.

the left is so empty when they try to win off the backs of dead babies

What do you think the punishment should be for a women getting an abortion, first degree murder?

It's the charge if someone murders a pregnant woman, so spare us the dramatics. you women will always be able to kill off your own offspring.

Us women, are you not a woman??
She gets confused some times, you know, with the operation and all. :uhoh3:

Trump backtracks on question of punishing women for abortion

Am I the only one who thinks he should have played this differently? I'm actually pro-choice for the record, but in theory if it were to become illegal, then I think both the woman and performing doctor are breaking the law and thus both should be "punished" - aka legal charges.

I guess I'm not getting exactly why the woman who seeks out an illegal abortion should be "spared" - I disagree that she is a "victim" - she's made a choice to do something illegal. How can we justify charging folks with committing a crime if they're doing drugs when I'm quite sure a lot of those folks are "victims" of addiction. If they can't get a "victim" exception for their addiction, then why should a woman who has an illegal abortion get a "I got pregnant" exception?

What am I missing?

This is nothing but a troll thread based upon a gotcha question by an interviewer out to make Trump look bad.

What was the question.

If abortion is illegal and a woman gets an abortion what should happen?

Trump's answer = she broke the law and should be punished.

What the hell is wrong with that?

Am I the only one who thinks he should have played this differently? I'm actually pro-choice for the record, but in theory if it were to become illegal, then I think both the woman and performing doctor are breaking the law and thus both should be "punished" - aka legal charges.

I guess I'm not getting exactly why the woman who seeks out an illegal abortion should be "spared" - I disagree that she is a "victim" - she's made a choice to do something illegal. How can we justify charging folks with committing a crime if they're doing drugs when I'm quite sure a lot of those folks are "victims" of addiction. If they can't get a "victim" exception for their addiction, then why should a woman who has an illegal abortion get a "I got pregnant" exception?

What am I missing?

This is nothing but a troll thread based upon a gotcha question by an interviewer out to make Trump look bad.

What was the question.

lol, the dems. know they are losing so they need to drum up the fear mongering, their usual dirty politics

Do you think abortion should be criminalized? Want to see all pregnant women who'd rather terminate a pregnancy locked up and forced to give birth?
It is murder. Currently some murder is legal in the USA.

no. murder is a specifically defined term in the penal law.

but thanks for trying imposing your theocratic views on the rest of us.

I love how 80% of anti-choice activists are men trying to control wom

luckily the court has protected us from infringing on our rights.

it's so funny how the anti-gubminit rightwingers hate the gubmint until it imposes their theocracy on the rest of us.

What am I missing?

What was the question.

lol, the dems. know they are losing so they need to drum up the fear mongering, their usual dirty politics

losing what nutty steffie?

What do you think the punishment should be for a women getting an abortion, first degree murder?

It's the charge if someone murders a pregnant woman, so spare us the dramatics. you women will always be able to kill off your own offspring.

you got a funny atta boy for that. you don't think that is weird? they just fly onto every post of everyone. sad testament of the adults that post on here.

you got a funny atta boy for that. you don't think that is weird? they just fly onto every post of everyone. sad testament of the adults that post on here.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

You're missing that musing on making something that is legal ILLEGAL and what should happen in that hypothetical shouldnt be discussed.

I'm curious why you don't think it should be discussed? If Trump intends to push for a ban on abortions then I think it is very prudent to discuss what that entails. (Though for the record, I do not believe that such a law would be Constitutional so I'm not sure he could honestly.)

He wont push on any ban, he's pro choice until Republicans told him they like Pro Life.

This is like having a discussion on what if riding a motorcycle was illegal and what should happen to those who ride on the back of them. Its stupid

can you show us proof where he said he plans on making the killing of the innocent unborn, Illegal? thanks we'll wait. forever probably because he never said it

OBTW. Cruz also lost any support I might have had at the same time because according to him, the woman hiring the hhitman should walk free
Cruz was speaking to the arresting of the woman for a currently legal practice that she shouldn't be arrested. See how this works? Stop allowing liberals asking you questions that aren't previewed first. They are deceitful snakes.

Link

He was degrading trump for his initial answer to a hypothetical question, which trump answered correctly.

My support for trump was because he was not going to make policy based on PC. He proved that wrong. And Cruz chimed in that he would make policy because of PC.

THEY BOTH BLEW IT

what about fathers who want woman to abort what penalty for him?
Its a womans body. The man doesn't have a say until the baby is born. Which, I think its the right way. It isn't his body.

Well if a woman is charged he should be charged as an accomplich. She didn't get pg by herself and he didn't wear a condom. Hang him as well.

Sex is not a criminal act. Sorry.

Even if they do not use protection against VD and Pregnancy, (we are not talking about marriage here)

Its a womans body. The man doesn't have a say until the baby is born. Which, I think its the right way. It isn't his body.

Well if a woman is charged he should be charged as an accomplich. She didn't get pg by herself and he didn't wear a condom. Hang him as well.

Even if they do not use protection against VD and Pregnancy, (we are not talking about marriage here)

Pregnancy is not an act. The criminal act is the abortion. If the man willingly assists in the abortion, arranges same or in any other way participate in the act, then yes, he would be liable.

Pregnancy is not an act. The criminal act is the abortion. If the man willingly assists in the abortion, arranges same or in any other way participate in the act, then yes, he would be liable.

Well unprotected sex should be the crime. If people want to be promiscuous, they should use protection. When it became ok to sleep with every Tom, Dick and Harry that Is when women became non victims , they should know better and protect themselves. My gosh getting aids or cervical ca is worst than having a baby. When it became just ok just to go and have an abortion is crazy as well , its not really ok to have an abortion, but who am I to tell someone about their sex lives or what they should do if they get pg. I tend to feel bad for someone who feels they need to get an abortion , but if they feel the need let them have good medical care.

Forum List

Back