Treason or Whistle Blower?

Should Edward Snowden be charged with Treason? WHY?

• YES

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • NO

Votes: 70 78.7%

• Total voters

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

I have no doubt the answer will be offered based on political leaning so give a rational reason for your vote.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.
He gave Aid and Comfort to the Enemies of the United States Government: The People.

So yeah, he should be charged, or blown up in a Drone Strike if possible. Maybe they can use what's left of Seal Team #6 to get him.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

I have no doubt the answer will be offered based on political leaning so give a rational reason for your vote.

No, because his actions do not amount to levying war against the United States, or in adhering or giving aid or comfort to the enemies of the United States.

I thought this the most interesting and puzzling question, "If the NSA Trusted Edward Snowden With Our Data, Why Should We Trust the NSA?" Consider for a moment we accept this monitoring as the price we pay for a bit of security, but then consider the people trusted with information are untrustworthy. Or the next administration using this in another manner? Given so much is monitored already how much can we really care.

Edward Snowden: Why did the NSA whistleblower have access to PRISM and other sensitive systems?

STLtoday : NSA contractor risks steep jail time for data leak

IMO this one should be pretty independant of political leanings.

Afterall the boy went to work for the NSA during the reign of Bush when our rights were taken away and blew the whistle when Obama proved to be more of the same.

Folks who supported the Patriot Act back when need to take a consistency check I suppose if they are against it now but it seems to smear both parties evenly....maybe the far right "terrorists hunters" more and the hippies less? I guess?

He should of went about it as a whistle blower but didn't , however since Obama has like minded progressives using this as a tyrannical tool to punish people he disagrees with so its not treason
The administration is so corrupt I was always right *pats own shoulder*

If he's convicted of Treason, every Militia from Texas to New York (yes we exist in New York) will recognize we are living under a Tyranny and resort to the example of Athens, Tennessee, 1946.

Why don't you get your America hating white trash buddys and come take the country back tough guy?

You're too pussy to actually come do anything except play rambo in the woods. We Americans salavate at the thought of you actually showing your faces out in public thinking you're gonna do anything.

Hey The2ndAmendment ......come out and plaaaayyyyyy
why envoke race into this? We just don't want to become a banana republic seems you do I mean you would be a liar if you attempted to mutter one positive these criminals succeeded at.

If he's convicted of Treason, every Militia from Texas to New York (yes we exist in New York) will recognize we are living under a Tyranny and resort to the example of Athens, Tennessee, 1946.

No they won't. I disagree with it, but he will be convicted of treason, as any administration would do. And the backwoods redneck militias will continue to post on message boards about how tyrannical the government is, then proceed to beat their wives for forgetting the mustard on their sandwiches.

Why don't you get your America hating white trash buddys and come take the country back tough guy?

You're too pussy to actually come do anything except play rambo in the woods. We Americans salavate at the thought of you actually showing your faces out in public thinking you're gonna do anything.

White Trash?

Libertarians aren't' the ones to promote a War on Drugs to disenfranchise the black and minorities communities, disarm them and make it impossible for them to get a good job or an education.

RIght now I'm talking with this man from my local (county) government:
http://suffolkcountyny.gov/do15/15thDistrict.aspx

Our goal is to end the tyranny and oppression being perpetrated against hte black and latino communities on Long island.

Also, Militias can't start firing at random, the government would have to "suspend the Constitution" or someone would have to declare themselves "President for Life." or they would have to abolish Trial by Jury or confiscate all firearms, before we' be allowed to LEGALLY open fire. I cannot think of any circumstance which would permit us to shoot FIRST.

However, if we resort ot Ninth and Tenth Amendment rights to nullify all unconstitutional laws on the county and state level, and the Feds try to invade us into subjugation to their unconstitutional jurisdictions, they we can retaliate legally as well, as an entire community or state, not just as a isolated Militia group.

Watch what you wish for, it just might come true.

-------------
Also, I can't wait to see you get drafted in order to suppress the Militias, National Guard defectors and Marine Oathkeepers. You'll be shitting yourself and fleeing to Canada.

Last edited:
Both him and Bradley Manning should be given a medal, in my opinion. It's a sad day in America when the truth is considered treason.

so you and Kevin believe everything which the Federal does must be done in public for everyone in the world to be privy to and nothing should be secret?

So before June 6, 1944 The Federal Government had a duty to have a press conference to announce the invasion and if they did not an officer in IKE's command would have a duty to tell the news and thus Hitler?

Both him and Bradley Manning should be given a medal, in my opinion. It's a sad day in America when the truth is considered treason.
so you and Kevin believe everything which the Federal does must be done in public for everyone in the world to be privy to and nothing should be secret?

So before June 6, 1944 The Federal Government had a duty to have a press conference to announce the invasion and if they did not an officer in IKE's command would have a duty to tell the news and thus Hitler?
Oh wow! :laugh:

Lol:cool:

You're an IDIOT- Wow

Forum List

Back