Traveling By Air Is About To Get More Dangerous. FAA To Hire More Blacks.

You dodged 3 legitimate, on topic questions and went to your standard fallback position of condescension and evasion.
You're transparently dishonest.

Dismissed.

I see someone posting the qualifications for the position has made you look stupid. There are no real qualifications except that you are alert and can be trained to do the job. I took the test and passed it in my 20's with 1 year of college and 4 years in the military. The test was weird but it was not at all difficult and I got called for my interview the following week. They wanted to ship me to Oklahoma to attend the academy but luckily I decided on another career path.
It takes a special kind of person to become a good FAA flight controller, hours of slow boring work, followed by an overload of traffic, and punctuation by occasional moments of shear terror where hundreds of lies depend on you doing your job right.

One of the reasons I turned it down. I couldn't imagine being stuck at a desk for hours on end watching radar screens.

I'll take that as a concession that you have no point as I pointed out to you pages ago. :lol:

Its a great policy as I stated before. What are the qualifications for an air traffic controller? Obviously you dont have a clue. This should be as hilarious as your point was.

You dodged 3 legitimate, on topic questions and went to your standard fallback position of condescension and evasion.

Dismissed.

I see someone posting the qualifications for the position has made you look stupid. There are no real qualifications except that you are alert and can be trained to do the job. I took the test and passed it in my 20's with 1 year of college and 4 years in the military. The test was weird but it was not at all difficult and I got called for my interview the following week. They wanted to ship me to Oklahoma to attend the academy but luckily I decided on another career path.

That's positively fascinating. :doubt:

Irrelevant and unrelated to the discussion...but it served as a distraction and that was clearly the intent...plus it allowed you the opportunity to type another juvenile insult....rather than addressing the topic.

I've noticed that's your standard debate "tactic". Weak, son...very weak.

Dismissed.

That's positively fascinating. :doubt:

Irrelevant and unrelated to the discussion...but it served as a distraction and that was clearly the intent...plus it allowed you the opportunity to type another juvenile insult....rather than addressing the topic.

I've noticed that's your standard debate "tactic". Weak, son...very weak.

Actually it speaks to the very point of the OP saying FAA is lowering standards for Black people even though thats a lie. I'm Black and grew up in an area that supplied me with a below average education. I passed the test. How much more qualified does a person have to be and how is that watering down the skill level of a air traffic controller? If all you need to do is be trained to do the job where are these innate superior skills that will be diluted in order to do the job?

I've noticed your tactic is diverting when you have no answer.

Actually it speaks to the very point of the OP saying FAA is lowering standards for Black people even though thats a lie. I'm Black and grew up in an area that supplied me with a below average education. I passed the test. How much more qualified does a person have to be and how is that watering down the skill level of a air traffic controller? If all you need to do is be trained to do the job where are these innate superior skills that will be diluted in order to do the job?

FROM THE ARTICLE;

Thousands of potential FAA air traffic control trainees, with College Initiative Training (CTI) degrees or previous military experience, have been told by the federal agency they are no longer eligible for job interviews. Instead, the FAA has decided to accept less qualified applicants, apparently to satisfy concerns that the agency needs a more diverse workforce.

"We were told through the FAA, if you want to be a controller you need to go through one of our CTI-approved programs," said CTI graduate Ryan Meryhew.

Thirty-six schools nationwide carry the distinction of having an FAA-approved program for air traffic controllers by offering a CTI degree. Aims Community College and Metropolitan State University are two Colorado schools that prepare students for careers in aviation and air traffic control through their CTI degree programs.

These are multi-year programs with top-notch simulators and air traffic control programs designed to train students to take the initial air traffic control test called the AT-SAT, which is required by the FAA to begin advanced training at the FAA academy.

In February, the FAA ignored the pool of applicants waiting to be interviewed for air traffic control positions who had already graduated from school and passed the AT-SAT exam.

Priority for veterans and CTI graduates was no longer given. Instead, anyone interested in becoming an air traffic controller would be part of the same pool of applicants.

The initial hurdle for all applicants was based solely on a new, online biographical questionnaire that gave test takers instant results.

Yeah..right..whatever a "biographical questionnaire" REALLY is...

What is a biographical questionnaire, anyway...you're imagine yourself and "expert" in FAA and air traffic control matters...

Continuing from the article;

Kuhlmann argues, as does the Association of CTI schools, that the FAA is taking less qualified applicants that have no clear aptitude for the job.
Kuhlmann pointed to a 2012 study conducted by the FAA showing that when veterans, CTI students, and hires off the street are compared by the amount of time it takes to become a "Certified Professional Controller," or CPC, those hired off the street take longer and therefore cost more.

A June 2013 FAA study stated, “Simply based on training performance, a preference for CTI graduates over GP (general population) applicants at both en route and terminal facilities seems warranted.”

"The biographical assessment measures ATCS job applicant characteristics that have been shown empirically to predict success as an air traffic controller in the FAA," the statement claimed.

However, the FAA provided no proof, only that it "was independently validated by outside experts."

The facts and quotes from the original article prove my point ...and destroy yours.

Last edited:

FROM THE ARTICLE;

Thousands of potential FAA air traffic control trainees, with College Initiative Training (CTI) degrees or previous military experience, have been told by the federal agency they are no longer eligible for job interviews. Instead, the FAA has decided to accept less qualified applicants, apparently to satisfy concerns that the agency needs a more diverse workforce.

"We were told through the FAA, if you want to be a controller you need to go through one of our CTI-approved programs," said CTI graduate Ryan Meryhew.

Thirty-six schools nationwide carry the distinction of having an FAA-approved program for air traffic controllers by offering a CTI degree. Aims Community College and Metropolitan State University are two Colorado schools that prepare students for careers in aviation and air traffic control through their CTI degree programs.

These are multi-year programs with top-notch simulators and air traffic control programs designed to train students to take the initial air traffic control test called the AT-SAT, which is required by the FAA to begin advanced training at the FAA academy.

In February, the FAA ignored the pool of applicants waiting to be interviewed for air traffic control positions who had already graduated from school and passed the AT-SAT exam.

Priority for veterans and CTI graduates was no longer given. Instead, anyone interested in becoming an air traffic controller would be part of the same pool of applicants.

The initial hurdle for all applicants was based solely on a new, online biographical questionnaire that gave test takers instant results.

What is a biographical questionnaire, anyway...you're imagine yourself and "expert" in FAA and air traffic control matters...

Kuhlmann argues, as does the Association of CTI schools, that the FAA is taking less qualified applicants that have no clear aptitude for the job.
Kuhlmann pointed to a 2012 study conducted by the FAA showing that when veterans, CTI students, and hires off the street are compared by the amount of time it takes to become a "Certified Professional Controller," or CPC, those hired off the street take longer and therefore cost more.

A June 2013 FAA study stated, “Simply based on training performance, a preference for CTI graduates over GP (general population) applicants at both en route and terminal facilities seems warranted.”

"The biographical assessment measures ATCS job applicant characteristics that have been shown empirically to predict success as an air traffic controller in the FAA," the statement claimed.

However, the FAA provided no proof, only that it "was independently validated by outside experts."

The facts and quotes from the original article prove my point ...and destroy yours.

Except that not once does it say they are lowering the standards for Black people. Not even once.

FROM THE ARTICLE;

Except that not once does it say they are lowering the standards for Black people. Not even once.

Neither did I. Not even once.

You do agree, though, that a policy of lowering achievement standards to artificially manufacture/manipulate "diversity" numbers isn't smart.

What is "diversity" anyway?
At what point is "diversity" achieved?
Is it an absolute number or a percentage?
What is the standard of measurement for "diversity"?
Is there a chart or a government brochure to refer to?
What is the target date for achieving complete "diversity" in america?

FROM THE ARTICLE;

You do agree, though, that a policy of lowering achievement standards to artificially manufacture/manipulate "diversity" numbers isn't smart.

The OP says it does lower it for Blacks.

I dont agree that lowering the achievement standards to improve diversity is an issue. They could dispense with the test all together and train people to do it as long as they have a year in college. There is nothing special about the job except you must like staying alert and can deal with pressure. You dont need to be a genius to do that.

I dont agree that lowering the achievement standards to improve diversity is an issue. They could dispense with the test all together and train people to do it as long as they have a year in college. There is nothing special about the job except you must like staying alert and can deal with pressure. You dont need to be a genius to do that.

So america should do away with all entrance requirements and prerequisites in order to achieve "diversity" and it will have no impact?
hahahahahahAAAAHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHA..woooo..hahahahahaha...Ok...

so one year of college is all that you think is necessary..well how does that work with doctors...or lawyers...pilots...surgeons...etc...no need for advanced degrees or psychological profiles or IQ tests.....someone will just "train" you...

LMAO..that's some funny stuff you propose...

but seriously..can you answer these few questions? You must have ....overlooked.... them by mistake when I asked earlier. ;)

So america should do away with all entrance requirements and prerequisites in order to achieve "diversity" and it will have no impact?
hahahahahahAAAAHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHA..woooo..hahahahahaha...Ok...

so one year of college is all that you think is necessary..well how does that work with doctors...or lawyers...pilots...surgeons...etc...no need for advanced degrees or psychological profiles or IQ tests.....someone will just "train" you...

LMAO..that's some funny stuff you propose...

but seriously..can you answer these few questions? You must have ....overlooked.... them by mistake when I asked earlier. ;)

I was talking specifically about air traffic controllers. Yes. All they need to do is be trained to do their job. Thats what a PHD would have had happen for them well as a kid with a GED. However, I think you know that but you are basically grandstanding because the idea makes you uncomfortable. The majority of jobs require nothing more than training. All these standards are merely meant to weed out people that are less than committed. Thats fine but lets call it what it is. There is nothing stopping me from being a doctor except knowledge. My uncle is an oral surgeon. He went to school for 12 years and he told me anyone could do it if they just have the stamina to go through all the hurdles to get to the OJT. The proof of my uncomfortable concept is in the truth. Who trained the first lawyer, sugeon, astronaut, teacher, etc. ?

DIE-versity! This is the failure of socialism and Affirmative Action. The failure of socialism is forcing unequal things to be equal. That defies nature. The failure of Affirmative Action is disregarding qualified workers for less qualified workers, which greatly increases the chance of tragedy or inefficient work.

FAA changes hiring practices for air traffic controllers ignoring qualified students and vets - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Quote:

People like you are whats wrong with America.

You and Steve are BOTH symbols of what's wrong with America.

I was talking specifically about air traffic controllers. Yes. All they need to do is be trained to do their job. Thats what a PHD would have had happen for them well as a kid with a GED.

Yes...and a person with a phd is a better candidate for the position than a person with a ged, based on his academic history. You're trying to frame the argument. It isn't working.

However, I think you know that but you are basically grandstanding because the idea makes you uncomfortable.

I notice you project your insecurities and flaws a lot.

I'm not "grandstanding" I said and maintain that lowering standards in order to achieve this unreachable/mythical goal of "diversity" is not good.
Why would anyone want LOWER standards of achievement? That's plain ridiculous and you're just "arguing" ridiculous points for attention now, I'm convinced.

Hey, I noticed you still haven't answered my questions about "diversity"..Here. I'm sure it's just an oversight..Let me post them again for you.

The majority of jobs require nothing more than training. All these standards are merely meant to weed out people that are less than committed. Thats fine but lets call it what it is. There is nothing stopping me from being a doctor except knowledge. My uncle is an oral surgeon. He went to school for 12 years and he told me anyone could do it if they just have the stamina to go through all the hurdles to get to the OJT. The proof of my uncomfortable concept is in the truth. Who trained the first lawyer, sugeon, astronaut, teacher, etc. ?

ridiculous argument.

So no college or formal training as prerequisites for a position are necessary?

In other words, the entire world from the beginning of history until now has been doing...EVERYTHING..wrong...but your plan of just "training" random people for any job is the way to achieve excellence...LMFAO...

That's hilarious!

We are definitely done here...you have no valid points to make and are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Too predictable and tedious.

See you on another thread.

I was talking specifically about air traffic controllers. Yes. All they need to do is be trained to do their job. Thats what a PHD would have had happen for them well as a kid with a GED.

Yes...and a person with a phd is a better candidate for the position than a person with a ged, based on his academic history. You're trying to frame the argument. It isn't working.

However, I think you know that but you are basically grandstanding because the idea makes you uncomfortable.

I'm not "grandstanding" I said and maintain that lowering standards in order to achieve this unreachable/mythical goal of "diversity" is not good.
Why would anyone want LOWER standards of achievement? That's plain ridiculous and you're just "arguing" ridiculous points for attention now, I'm convinced.

Hey, I noticed you still haven't answered my questions about "diversity"..Here. I'm sure it's just an oversight..Let me post them again for you.

The majority of jobs require nothing more than training. All these standards are merely meant to weed out people that are less than committed. Thats fine but lets call it what it is. There is nothing stopping me from being a doctor except knowledge. My uncle is an oral surgeon. He went to school for 12 years and he told me anyone could do it if they just have the stamina to go through all the hurdles to get to the OJT. The proof of my uncomfortable concept is in the truth. Who trained the first lawyer, sugeon, astronaut, teacher, etc. ?

ridiculous argument.

In other words, the entire world from the beginning of history until now has been doing...EVERYTHING..wrong...but your plan of just "training" random people for any job is the way to achieve excellence...LMFAO...

That's hilarious!

We are definitely done here...you have no valid points to make and are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Too predictable and tedious.

That's all he ever does.

ridiculous argument.

That's hilarious!

Thats stupid. Thats like saying Bill Gates needed to have a Masters in business to start microsoft.

I was pointing out your insecurities and flaws not mine. Thats why I said "you are grandstanding". You appear to believe by saying "ridiculous" or "hilarious" that will make you more believeable. Its not working. You need to explain why your logic is correct. The problem is you cant. If college training was needed for positions then no one would have ever created the positions because someone had to train the first person. Its amusing you dont see that. I knew you were done the minute you started typing and avoiding the OP.

DIE-versity! This is the failure of socialism and Affirmative Action. The failure of socialism is forcing unequal things to be equal. That defies nature. The failure of Affirmative Action is disregarding qualified workers for less qualified workers, which greatly increases the chance of tragedy or inefficient work.

FAA changes hiring practices for air traffic controllers ignoring qualified students and vets - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Quote:

From ridiculous rascism to the sublime..................................

Last edited:

ridiculous argument.

That's hilarious!

Thats stupid. Thats like saying Bill Gates needed to have a Masters in business to start microsoft.

I was pointing out your insecurities and flaws not mine. Thats why I said "you are grandstanding". You appear to believe by saying "ridiculous" or "hilarious" that will make you more believeable. Its not working. You need to explain why your logic is correct. The problem is you cant. If college training was needed for positions then no one would have ever created the positions because someone had to train the first person. Its amusing you dont see that. I knew you were done the minute you started typing and avoiding the OP.

No..All your distractions and dodges have been well refuted. Circling back around them again and again won't change anything.

Hey look!, you accidentally forgot to answer these...again..

ridiculous argument.

That's hilarious!

No..All your distractions and dodges have been well refuted. Circling back around them again and again won't change anything.

Hey look!, you accidentally forgot to answer these...again..

You have yet to address a single one other than to say rubbish. I've shot down everything you have said and its still smoldering.

You cant explain how the first pilot became a pilot can you?
You cant explain how the first teacher became a teacher can you?
You cant explain how Bill Gates became the CEO of Microsoft without a business degree can you?

Let me know when you develop something approaching a grasp of logic.

Last edited:
You cant explain how the first pilot became a pilot can you?

We aren't talking about the first pilot.
...however the answer is; Trial and error. Read about the Wright brothers sometime.

You won't find them in the "Black Studies" section of your library, though.

Try "History"..or "Biography" :lol:

You cant explain how the first teacher became a teacher can you?
We aren't talking about who the first teacher was. You're dodging.

...but you go ahead and lay it all out for me. I want the names and dates.

You cant explain how Bill Gates became the CEO of Microsoft without a business degree can you?
We aren't talking about Bill Gates, CEO,s , Microsoft or business degrees. You're dodging.

We're talking about your contention that lowering standards for qualification/admission will produce the best and brightest candidates.

Let me know when you develop something approaching a grasp of logic.

You're still dodging and trying to change the subject by using a childish ad hom..

Want to try these now? They're relevant to the topic being about increasing "diversity" in the FAA.
You pretend to be an expert in achieving "diversity" by lowering admission standards. Justify it, then. These simple little questions shouldn't scare you off.
What is this the 5th?..6th time you've ducked them? LMAO...no one is fooled.

:lol:

[Except that not once does it say they are lowering the standards for Black people. Not even once.

HAHAHA. Hey stupid. They never come out and brazenly say that. They say some crap like "we are revising our test-scoring process to promote more diversity".

They are lowering standards for blacks. No question about it.

[I dont agree that lowering the achievement standards to improve diversity is an issue. They could dispense with the test all together and train people to do it as long as they have a year in college. There is nothing special about the job except you must like staying alert and can deal with pressure. You dont need to be a genius to do that.

You need to be able to read and tell time and count and most blacks can't even do that.

People like you are whats wrong with America.
PC Leftist tyranny is what's wrong with America. You don't have to like the OP, but the most qualified are who should be hired regardless of race.

I once (delicately) pointed out a double pneumo-thorax to a black lady ER doctor, and saved a man's life, because she looked at the xray I shot and didn't see them. She should have seen them. They were obvious. I liked her; she was very nice and a pretty woman. She had no business being in the ER.

Is that who you want taking care of you in a life/death situation? If PC/diversity is more important to you than life/death/safety, then by all means continue to delude yourself.

Of course, white doctors don't make mistakes. Is that your real hair color or your frothy brains oozing from your cracked skull?
And X-ray techs are a dime a dozen with no education required besides vocational training. Your life-saving story is dubious at best.
You're ignorant. We have college degrees. I have 2 in fact and registered in 3 modalities. Next time you get an xray, be sure to tell the technologist he/she is a dime a dozen, uneducated, nobody. I dare ya.

The story is true.

I've reported you for flamebaiting and personal attack.

Forum List

Back