Affirmative action hiring comes to air traffic controllers.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
It's bad enough when post office jobs are handed out based on skin color, but it's hundred times worse when judges and generals and air traffic controllers get their job based on skin color.

Controversy surrounds hiring of air traffic controllers - Fox 2 News Headlines

May 14, 2014 8:49 PM MDT

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -
A dramatic change in the FAA's hiring practices for air traffic controllers has grounded the career plans of a lot of highly qualified applicants, and there are some concerns it could put the flying public at risk.

For the past 24 years, most controllers got their training at one of 36 universities across the country with an air traffic controller program. Lewis University in Romeoville is one of them. But earlier this year, the FAA opened up the applicant pool to anyone off the street -- no schooling necessary.

Chris Thurlby is a 2012 high honors graduate from Lewis, with $85,000 dollars in student loans, but very little chance of getting a job.

He and other would be controllers no longer take the AT-SAT, an aptitude test of aviation skills, but instead must take an online biographical questionnaire. It's part of what is widely viewed as an affirmative action push, and one the Air Traffic Controllers Union calls flawed.

That test disqualified and frustrated Mark Jacobs, a 4.0 student who scored a 98 on the AT-SAT.

“They say the biographical questionnaire is meant to determine your suitability based on an aviation background or education or work experience, all of which I have, therefore you are not qualified,” said Jacobs.

• Banned
This reminds me of a story a few years back about an east coast city that couldn't find enough blacks to pass their written test ( because they can't even read let alone know the answers) so they replaced the test with an interview!!

I think hiring people because of skin color is racist.

i think hiring gimps because they are gimps is racist

images

• Banned

Of course it's racist and that's what the gop needs to say. Repubs are the anti-racists since they oppose affirmative action and dems are the racists.

I don't know why the gop won't say that. They are always on the defensive on the race issue even though they occupy the moral high ground.

Of course it's racist and that's what the gop needs to say. Repubs are the anti-racists since they oppose affirmative action and dems are the racists.

I don't know why the gop won't say that. They are always on the defensive on the race issue even though they occupy the moral high ground.

I think cops who pull over white people who speed are racist.

It's bad enough when post office jobs are handed out based on skin color, but it's hundred times worse when judges and generals and air traffic controllers get their job based on skin color.

Controversy surrounds hiring of air traffic controllers - Fox 2 News Headlines

May 14, 2014 8:49 PM MDT

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -
A dramatic change in the FAA's hiring practices for air traffic controllers has grounded the career plans of a lot of highly qualified applicants, and there are some concerns it could put the flying public at risk.

For the past 24 years, most controllers got their training at one of 36 universities across the country with an air traffic controller program. Lewis University in Romeoville is one of them. But earlier this year, the FAA opened up the applicant pool to anyone off the street -- no schooling necessary.

Chris Thurlby is a 2012 high honors graduate from Lewis, with $85,000 dollars in student loans, but very little chance of getting a job.

He and other would be controllers no longer take the AT-SAT, an aptitude test of aviation skills, but instead must take an online biographical questionnaire. It's part of what is widely viewed as an affirmative action push, and one the Air Traffic Controllers Union calls flawed.

That test disqualified and frustrated Mark Jacobs, a 4.0 student who scored a 98 on the AT-SAT.

“They say the biographical questionnaire is meant to determine your suitability based on an aviation background or education or work experience, all of which I have, therefore you are not qualified,” said Jacobs.

It's bad enough when post office jobs are handed out based on skin color,

Postal jobs are not handed out you stupid ass....everyone and that would include a dipshit like you has to take a Civil Service Test and get at least a 75%....and it does not ask for your race on the form.....just your name address and phone number....oh and by the way....when are you going to prove that other statement you made about the PO that Obama sets the Postage prices?....been waiting a while,have asked you a few times....:dunno:

This reminds me of a story a few years back about an east coast city that couldn't find enough blacks to pass their written test ( because they can't even read let alone know the answers) so they replaced the test with an interview!!
Was the interview done in ebonics?

This is so dangerous that it defies description. How many times will these unqualified dregs crash planes before no carrier will have a plane in the sky in the US.

Yo, mu fuckah, you be clear fo takeoff jes as soon as dat bitch in da sky be out the way. Lemme know when you be ready, noamsayin'?

Oh, the price we pay for political correctness.

This is so dangerous that it defies description. How many times will these unqualified dregs crash planes before no carrier will have a plane in the sky in the US.

Obozo will order the media to blame the crashes on something else. Maybe bad weather - that's seems to be a popular excuse for our WH ape whenever anything goes wrong.

Obozo will order the media to blame the crashes on something else. Maybe bad weather - that's seems to be a popular excuse for our WH ape whenever anything goes wrong.
Global warming.

Forum List

Back