Touching Photo: Ferguson Protest (I love this!)

Yes, but you haven't provided any factual information to support your drum!
I don't need to. It's MY drum. I want no other marchers so no need to give any factual information. It's kinda like trying to describe the smell of number 6. lol

Well you're entitled to have your own erroneous beliefs....that's for sure.
Erroneous to you. Not to me.
And so round and round it goes again, right? Which proves my initial point. But I forget what it was now anyway. :D

There are several flaws in your logic. Let me bullet point it to avoid misunderstanding:

- You are saying that since your family did not own slaves, the plight of black Americans is none of your problem. That approach lacks empathy.

- You are assuming that poverty is the only hurdle blacks face. That is not correct. Their family was uprooted. They had no identity. It takes generations to recover from this kind of trauma. It is not as easy as you assume.

- Furthermore, every injustice that is done to a black family today results in the reset of that vicious cycle that I talked about. The count is set to zero again. They start over again trying to fight their way out of that vicious cycle.

- No body in America has the same kind of advantages a white person has and this includes blacks.
Pish posh. I have plenty of empathy for those who deserve it. You want me to feel sorry for a bunch of thugs that set fire to their town INCLUDING black people who had businesses there because they were uprooted a hundred or so years ago? Pahlease.

I think you are gravely mistaken. Up until 60s blacks were still fighting for their right to vote in the U.S. Today, all of a sudden you are expecting these folks to be able to compete with white folks who had none of these disadvantages. I think that is is unfair. I am aware that there are people in the ghetto who do not act as suave as you would like them to but you need to realize that they are caught in that vicious cycle that you think is none of your problem. I got news of you. It is your problem just as much it is their problem. We all need to do our best to lend a helping hand to each other. Together we stand.

But in my opinion, he DID deserve to be killed. He was going to massively hurt or kill the cop. I have no pity for that guy. None.

Neither the cop nor the kid deserved to be attacked or killed.
It happened as a result of the fear-based confrontation.
Nobody wanted that, even the chief of police issued a video saying sorry to the family for the loss of their son.

Gracie that is why this is so tragic. Why it is so heartbreaking.
None of this needed to happen.

Not the crime, not the confrontation, not the killing that resulted.
If you just see it neutrally for what happened, it is tragic on all sides.

My heart goes out to you, too, Gracie.
I pray that all the hurt and anguish you feel about this and related issues
all gets lifted up and the burden lightened from your heart,
May your deep felt conscience about this be filled with
wisdom and creative passion to work toward greater solutions
so these problems don't keep repeating in a vicious cycle.

You are such a sensitive soul, you will make an even bigger difference in the world.
But any anger grief or hurt you harbor over these things you see wrong
must be removed to make room for all the wonderful inspirations you deserve to be filled with!

So I do pray that you receive all the support and encouragement you need
to make the most of your knowledge and understanding, so you can be an even
more effective powerful influence for change. God bless you, Gracie, please
take heart, take courage and take care! Love, Emily

Here's a few I'd of liked to see....

wc.jpg
india-water-cannon_1611864i.jpg
581333_545751218826190_715471830_n-1.jpg

Yes, but you haven't provided any factual information to support your drum!
I don't need to. It's MY drum. I want no other marchers so no need to give any factual information. It's kinda like trying to describe the smell of number 6. lol

Well you're entitled to have your own erroneous beliefs....that's for sure.
Erroneous to you. Not to me.
And so round and round it goes again, right? Which proves my initial point. But I forget what it was now anyway. :D

There are several flaws in your logic. Let me bullet point it to avoid misunderstanding:

- You are saying that since your family did not own slaves, the plight of black Americans is none of your problem. That approach lacks empathy.

- You are assuming that poverty is the only hurdle blacks face. That is not correct. Their family was uprooted. They had no identity. It takes generations to recover from this kind of trauma. It is not as easy as you assume.

- Furthermore, every injustice that is done to a black family today results in the reset of that vicious cycle that I talked about. The count is set to zero again. They start over again trying to fight their way out of that vicious cycle.

- No body in America has the same kind of advantages a white person has and this includes blacks.
Pish posh. I have plenty of empathy for those who deserve it. You want me to feel sorry for a bunch of thugs that set fire to their town INCLUDING black people who had businesses there because they were uprooted a hundred or so years ago? Pahlease.

No you don't have to feel sorry.
But just understand they aren't finished going through their full healing yet.
If you compare with the people who have risen above, these people have FORGIVEN
so they could finish their process. Some people are still angry and haven't gotten past that yet.

Gracie, have you ever tried to counsel a friend who just lost a loved one,
and was saying all kinds of angry things, maybe blaming themselves or God,
and no matter what you said you couldn't console them, they just had to go through that?

Look at yourself, you have to go through this, nothing I can say can change that.
You can't help how you feel.
You don't see how you can have any understanding of people acting madly.

Well, that's how they feel also, they can't understand why should they have sympathy?
They don't get it right now, they are too much in grief.

So are you Gracie, bless your heart.
I am sorry I cannot take this from you, so I just respect you for going through it
and having the honesty and courage to share exactly what you feel think and believe.

that's all we can do, is share openly, and help talk and walk each other through this, together.
hand in hand, heart to heart.
thank you for opening up and sharing on this thread
so this can be addressed released and resolved. every step gets us closer to where we need to be.

as long as we are honest and open, we'll get there faster than if we remain bottled up and suppressed which doesn't solve anything, and just leads to the violent eruptions if we don't talk it out in full

Thanks Gracie
You are a wonderful sensitive soul,
I'm sorry this pains you, and I go through that too, it tears me up
one minute and angers me beyond words the next, just crazymaking
but by sharing with others we can stabilize and work out better ways to stop the insanity

we think we are alone or the other side is against us
but when we learn they feel just as alienated, lost and blamed as the victim
and resentful, we realize how parallel our pain is. we are not alone.

like the cop hugging the kid, he didn't want him to be afraid and think he was the enemy
if he can help one kid get over his fear of becoming a victim, how many others can get over their
fears of staying stuck in a state of victimhood. we have to help each other move from the anger
phase to the state that little boy was in where he was more in grief and just wanted everyone
to love each other. from anger to compassion. from fear to common sharing and understanding.

how can we overcome our anger and fear and get to the place where the little boy opened up instead of shutting down.

It is very easy to pass judgment. But I guess it is hard to imagine the circumstances an average black person grows in. Just few generations ago, they were bought and sold against theirs wishes. It is not just poverty. They were uprooted from their family. This destroyed their sense of identity. They had no support base that a traditional family provides to its members. Once you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, it takes generations to get out of this. It is a vicious cycle. Yet, majority of blacks have broken that vicious cycle and have managed to create an identity, a culture they call their own. They lead normal life despite being meted the most cruel treatment imaginable. My hat is oft to all black folks. They are my hero. Every single of them.

My hero is Nelson Mandela for changing an ugly divided regime of racist hatred into a unified nation. Desmond Tutu is another who found away to overcome the decades of harm caused to millions with the Truth & Reconciliation Commission.

So yes, we are blessed to have leaders like MLK to show us that We the People are all the same even if we don't all look alike.

I didn't read your entire post but yes, that is a great photo. Thanks for posting it.

Reading this board, its hard to remember that most people are for equality and fairness, not to mention constitutionally guaranteed rights for all Americans.

I just read an article that what has happened in Ferguson will lead to a renewal of the Civil Rights Movement.

Let's hope that's true.

Thanks Luddly Neddite
This board reminds me there is an anger/venting phase, and denial and projection,
that has to be navigated through to get to the other side. There are no shortcuts around it.
I'm just thankful we have free speech to take out this phase using words as weapons and not real
physical violence or threats as is happening in Ferguson with people going through that phase.

This too shall pass.

I foresaw part two of the Civil Disobedience coming out as Civil Obedience
where people agree with govt how to enforce laws peacefully together, starting locally with police.
this is already happening, where groups are meeting and agreeing on procedures to follow.

We need civics education and proper law enforcement training
for everyone, especially citizens who want licenses for guns.
why not require the same screening oath and training for citizens
as we would for police and military officers? that way, we can screen out mentally unstable
people, like the Ft. Hood shooter and others who could have been diagnosed in advance as dangerous.

Police and citizens are finding we need to work together.
Just have to go through their own process of coming to peace with all the past injustices
that have prevented that level of trust and rebuilding good working relations!

Thank you Luddly
Take care and peace out.

I would like to believe it will pass and that all we need is to educate people but if that were true, we would not still have the horrendous racism and ignorance we do.

Im laughing..........visiting this message board is worth it every day if only to watch the uber-lefts heads explode!!:rock::rock::up:

pic is awesome........

I didn't read your entire post but yes, that is a great photo. Thanks for posting it.

Reading this board, its hard to remember that most people are for equality and fairness, not to mention constitutionally guaranteed rights for all Americans.

I just read an article that what has happened in Ferguson will lead to a renewal of the Civil Rights Movement.

Let's hope that's true.

Thanks Luddly Neddite
This board reminds me there is an anger/venting phase, and denial and projection,
that has to be navigated through to get to the other side. There are no shortcuts around it.
I'm just thankful we have free speech to take out this phase using words as weapons and not real
physical violence or threats as is happening in Ferguson with people going through that phase.

This too shall pass.

I foresaw part two of the Civil Disobedience coming out as Civil Obedience
where people agree with govt how to enforce laws peacefully together, starting locally with police.
this is already happening, where groups are meeting and agreeing on procedures to follow.

We need civics education and proper law enforcement training
for everyone, especially citizens who want licenses for guns.
why not require the same screening oath and training for citizens
as we would for police and military officers? that way, we can screen out mentally unstable
people, like the Ft. Hood shooter and others who could have been diagnosed in advance as dangerous.

Police and citizens are finding we need to work together.
Just have to go through their own process of coming to peace with all the past injustices
that have prevented that level of trust and rebuilding good working relations!

Thank you Luddly
Take care and peace out.
Obey the law and the police will give you all the peace you want.

Here's a few I'd of liked to see....

wc.jpg
india-water-cannon_1611864i.jpg
581333_545751218826190_715471830_n-1.jpg

LOL.....why they didn't use water cannon last Tuesday night, I'll never know although Im fairly certain that communist Valarie Jarret likely gave the stand-down order to the governor. Water cannon in 30 degree weather would have meant that by midnight, the savages would be home in bed lest they become black popsicles.

It is very easy to pass judgment. But I guess it is hard to imagine the circumstances an average black person grows in. Just few generations ago, they were bought and sold against theirs wishes. It is not just poverty. They were uprooted from their family. This destroyed their sense of identity. They had no support base that a traditional family provides to its members. Once you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, it takes generations to get out of this. It is a vicious cycle. Yet, majority of blacks have broken that vicious cycle and have managed to create an identity, a culture they call their own. They lead normal life despite being meted the most cruel treatment imaginable. My hat is oft to all black folks. They are my hero. Every single of them.

My hero is Nelson Mandela for changing an ugly divided regime of racist hatred into a unified nation. Desmond Tutu is another who found away to overcome the decades of harm caused to millions with the Truth & Reconciliation Commission.

So yes, we are blessed to have leaders like MLK to show us that We the People are all the same even if we don't all look alike.

Another great hero of mine is Mahatma Gandhi. Good thing about MLK and Gandhi is that they defeated evil without resorting to violence.

There have been so many needless shootings of blacks by cops that its easy to ASSSume all cops are bad. They're not. Most are decent people, just trying to do their job.

LMAO.....if you haven't seen this vid yet, take 4 seconds and click on play.....every time I post it up in here I laugh my balls off!!

Hi skookerasbil: I'm actually glad to see people on all sides getting something good out of that photo and story,
and also using this thread to talk through a lot of background issues behind the blowups in Ferguson.

I'd much rather people's heads and threads "blow up" than buildings and cars, don't you think?
This is wonderful in comparison, a real gift of free speech and press/writing.

Your video is funny, thanks for posting it. (That actor is very talented, and I find it fascinating he was a professional doctor before he turned to comedy acting because he liked that better.)
This is a nice reminder: Sometimes we do need to step back and check ourselves, and a little humor or hug helps snap us out of it. We need to be okay with being human, sad or funny.

But if that's all it took to fix the world's problems, we wouldn't need the Constitution, or conventions it took to hash out that or the Bill of Rights. The Founding Fathers generated tons of debates and letters working out issues when they faced the same issue of centralized power vs. localized govt by sovereign states, and whether to use the laws to empower govt to impose the will of the people or laws to check and limit govt from overreaching on our freedoms. We still have that debate today, but now we have the internet to hash out our
history and work through the same process our predecessors went through and left to us to do.

I think, given what I've read of Jefferson, and others, they would really appreciate the historic sharing,
the debate over whether African Americans are in this state or that one to become independent or not.

I read that Jefferson also favored deporting slaves back to Africa and did not believe they had the social background to integrate successfully, and this would result in violence trying to do so that early on. We still have people today who believe in sending Africans back to Africa. We can look at this both ways: to see that Jefferson also had his views or biases we may or may not agree with. Or that if even Jefferson had these views, why are we jumping on others for them but respecting and forgiving Jefferson if he said it, too.

if we start respecting both sides, maybe we could work things out faster
than jumping on each other and trying to tear down each other's beliefs.

Why not lay our cards out on the table and work it out like Go Fish, just organize in sets,
which people work best with which groups or teams and collaborate on solutions that make the
most of all our best ideas and resources. We have free exercise of religion, free speech and press,
right to assemble and to petition for redress of grievances; why not use all our rights plus the internet
to assemble peaceable and hash out plans that work for everyone?

In some ways, we can do even greater things than our Founding Fathers with the resources
and access to organize and collaborate that we have now.

Instead of just standing on the sidelines, crying about it like that poor boy felt left out.

Ha! and hugs to you, too!
Glad you joined us and hope you stick around to see where
this level of collaboration can lead.

Yours truly, Happy Thanksgiving
May the wisdom and conviction of our Founding Fathers
(and Mothers) unite us as a Nation and help us better
fulfill our purpose in serving the greater good for humanity.

Love,
Emily

Last edited:

Let's hope that's true.
It takes a police officer doing his job to do that?

And they, along with idiot whites, have just taken HUGE steps backwards due to Ferguson.
My family didn't own slaves, so their plight is not a concern of mine. MY family came from Ireland and other parts of europe. They had their own probs with being treated poorly. My parents and their parents weren't taught they were OWED and lay blame and sit on their asses. They fought to get out of their poverty. Blacks need to do the same. All over the USA, there are ghettos. Filth. Drugs. Thuggery.
My folks didn't have nasty streets, drugs and filthy houses full of bums sitting around planning on who to rob instead of WORK or go to school.
Even poor people sweep the dirt floor and teach their children how to better themselves. STUPID poor people who have morons enabling them just pass on the ignorance to their children.

Therein lies your problem. Not all blacks sit on their asses.....there are many whites that sit on their asses, and are on welfare when maybe they could be working. My family didn't own slaves either, but I'm sure if I were to do a family tree, somewhere along the way there must have been one that did.....but that isn't the point. Racism still exists today.....even though the Civil Rights Act was passed over 50 years ago, there are many in this country that hate blacks just for the sake of hating them. Check out the thread "Negroes: Go back to Africa" and you'll see what I mean. And blacks are doing the same....fighting to get out of poverty, there are many that have, and there are many whites that haven't, too, so to claim that only blacks live in ghetto like filth with drugs and thuggery is racist.

And just because your folks didn't have nasty streets, with drugs and filthy houses full of bums doesn't mean that there are no whites that live in that type of environment. If you really believe that you are very naive and haven't been around much. There will always be poor people, of that you can count on, but to think that only the blacks are poor, and lazy is an erroneous mindset.

Study Whites More Likely to Abuse Drugs Than Blacks TIME.com

This elevated risk reflects past and current institutional practices that put blacks and other minorities at a disadvantage. But it’s also true that almost three-quarters of black incomes do not fall below the poverty line. Collapsing poor and black as if all poor were black and all blacks poor turns the “poverty” problem into a “race” problem. The white poverty rate does run much lower than the black rate, just under 10 percent, one-third of the black rate. But the white poor outnumber the black poor considerably, 19 to 7.8 million. White people make up 42 percent of America’s poor, black people about 28 percent. - See more at: Poverty More than a Matter of Black and White Inequality.org
Poverty More than a Matter of Black and White Inequality.org

People are judging all by the actions of a very few.

But, we all tend to do that, I guess.

Forum List

Back