Top 3% of U.S. Taxpayers Paid Majority of Income Taxes in 2016

That top three pays about 60% of the taxes paid.

If it weren't for them I wonder who everyone thinks would be paying those taxes.
Well we know its not 47% of the population

-Geaux
raise the minimum wage until the poor pay enough in taxes.
No, let the poor get a higher paying job, then they will pay higher taxes.

-Geaux

WTF?...who is not letting people get a better paying job?

But intill they do get one, minimum wage ensures they are minimaly compensated for their labor.

29 million filthy, low iQ, illiterate wetbacks that can’t speak the native language and have zero communication skills fuck shit all up don’t they?

If it weren't for them I wonder who everyone thinks would be paying those taxes.

-Geaux

-Geaux
lol. Only if You convince the right wing to stop whining about the cost of social services for the Poor.

-Geaux

-Geaux

But intill they do get one, minimum wage ensures they are minimaly compensated for their labor.

29 million filthy, low iQ, illiterate wetbacks that can’t speak the native language and have zero communication skills fuck shit all up don’t they?

Dummy, minimum wage is not specific to illegals and not even enforceble for them as they are not paid on the books In total there were 1.7 million workers on payroll making minimum wage in ALL OF UNITED STATES.

What are the characteristics of minimum wage workers? - UC Davis Center for Poverty Research

You clearly are not in a position to complain about people with low IQ.

Last edited:

-Geaux

-Geaux

Dummy, minimum wage is not specific to illegals and not even enforceble for them as they are not paid on the books.

Let me let your filthy begging ass in on a little secret....
ILLEGAL WETBACK = LITTERS OF BARELY LEGAL, CRIMINAL MINDED, TAXPAYER DEPENDENT WETBACKS.
TA-DA!
You’re welcome for the enlightenment.

-Geaux

Dummy, minimum wage is not specific to illegals and not even enforceble for them as they are not paid on the books.

ILLEGAL WETBACK = LITTERS OF BARELY LEGAL, CRIMINAL MINDED, TAXPAYER DEPENDENT WETBACKS.
TA-DA!

Your sarcastic screenname is halariously ironic given your intellectual depravity - you really are as broke as it gets.

-Geaux

TA-DA!

Your sarcastic screenname is halariously ironic given your intelectual depravity.

Look Bean...36 year old illiterate Guadalupe will NEVER be able to support her forever growing wetback family by working a job intended for teens. The answer is to send Guadalupe home to Mehico, not make good Americans pay $7.50 for a Big Mac. TA-DA!
I may have to start charging you for these lessons.

Top 3% received the greatest benefit from the collective efforts of all the rest, especially the "defense" provided.

Seems like they are paying their fair share to me

-Geaux
--------------------

(Bloomberg) -- Individual income taxes are the federal government’s single biggest revenue source. In fiscal year 2018, which ended Sept. 30, the individual income tax is expected to bring in roughly $1.7 trillion, or about half of all federal revenues, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

If past statistics can offer any guidance, in 2016, $1.44 trillion income taxes were paid by 140.9 million taxpayers reporting a total of $10.2 trillion in adjusted gross income, according to data recently released by the Internal Revenue Services.

Bloomberg looked into the 2016 individual returns data in detail for some additional insights illustrated in the charts below:

• The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).
  • The top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of total individual income taxes.
560x-1.png

• In other words, the bottom 50 percent paid 3 percent. Which small percentile of tax payers also paid 3 percent or more? You might have guessed it. It is the top 0.001%, or about 1,400 taxpayers. That group alone paid 3.25 percent of all income taxes. In 2001, the bottom 50 percent paid nearly 5 percent whereas the top 0.001 percent of filers paid 2.3 percent of income taxes.
560x-1.png

• The individual income tax system is designed to be progressive – those with higher incomes pay at higher rates. While the indentation, or the reduction in the steepness of the "progressivity" curve, is visible at the highest levels.
Ok, so the top 50% paid 90% of all income taxes. That's only fair since they made 90% of all the income.

Do you see the problem yet?

TA-DA!

Your sarcastic screenname is halariously ironic given your intelectual depravity.

Look Bean...36 year old illiterate Guadalupe

HAS LITTLE TO NOTHING TO DO WITH MINIMUM WAGE DEBATE

I don't know in how many ways this simple fact needs to be explained.

-Geaux
--------------------

(Bloomberg) -- Individual income taxes are the federal government’s single biggest revenue source. In fiscal year 2018, which ended Sept. 30, the individual income tax is expected to bring in roughly $1.7 trillion, or about half of all federal revenues, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

If past statistics can offer any guidance, in 2016, $1.44 trillion income taxes were paid by 140.9 million taxpayers reporting a total of $10.2 trillion in adjusted gross income, according to data recently released by the Internal Revenue Services.

Bloomberg looked into the 2016 individual returns data in detail for some additional insights illustrated in the charts below:

• The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).
  • The top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of total individual income taxes.
560x-1.png

• In other words, the bottom 50 percent paid 3 percent. Which small percentile of tax payers also paid 3 percent or more? You might have guessed it. It is the top 0.001%, or about 1,400 taxpayers. That group alone paid 3.25 percent of all income taxes. In 2001, the bottom 50 percent paid nearly 5 percent whereas the top 0.001 percent of filers paid 2.3 percent of income taxes.
560x-1.png

• The individual income tax system is designed to be progressive – those with higher incomes pay at higher rates. While the indentation, or the reduction in the steepness of the "progressivity" curve, is visible at the highest levels.
Ok, so the top 50% paid 90% of all income taxes. That's only fair since they made 90% of all the income.

Do you see the problem yet?

Don't see a problem that the top 50% of incomes paid 90% of the Federal income taxes, the top 1% pays 40%, so the upper 49% pays about 50%, that means that the bottom 50% pays about 10%. The median family income in 2017 was about $61,000 which, after taxes, food, healthcare, and other living expenses doesn't leave much.
Household income in the United States - Wikipedia

Until the Tax Code includes a per capita maximum tax amount, it can never be truly fair.

Once you have paid ... pick a number... then you have paid enough. Make it a million dollars - i don't care - but for the maximum to be open ended, thus punishing success, it is unfair.

Top 3% received the greatest benefit from the collective efforts of all the rest, especially the "defense" provided.

Conversely, the lower 50% have a 0% effective tax rate, abuse our healthcare system, engage in criminality creating incarceration expenses and the like...etc etc.
I’m pretty sure I didn’t use the roadways, emergency services etc etc anymore than most bottom feeders did. What gives?

-Geaux
--------------------

560x-1.png

560x-1.png

It's so unfair. I weep.

Until the Tax Code includes a per capita maximum tax amount, it can never be truly fair.

Once you have paid ... pick a number... then you have paid enough. Make it a million dollars - i don't care - but for the maximum to be open ended, thus punishing success, it is unfair.
The right wing needs to pay for their warfare programs;

In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

Conversely, the lower 50% have a 0% effective tax rate, abuse our healthcare system, engage in criminality creating incarceration expenses and the like...etc etc.
I’m pretty sure I didn’t use the roadways, emergency services etc etc anymore than most bottom feeders did. What gives?
raise the minimum wage until the Poor pay their share!

The right wing needs to pay for their warfare programs;

In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
We do pay. The rest of your post is hyperbole

Forum List

Back