Tony Blair: We blew it

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Let history judge them

Tony Blair says he's sorry for Iraq War 'mistakes' - CNN.com

(CNN)Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair says he's sorry for "mistakes" made in the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, but he doesn't regret bringing down dictator Saddam Hussein.

"I can say that I apologize for the fact that the intelligence we received was wrong because, even though he had used chemical weapons extensively against his own people, against others, the program in the form that we thought it was did not exist in the way that we thought," Blair said in an exclusive interview on CNN's Fareed Zakaria GPS that airs Sunday.

Blair was referring to the claim that Saddam's regime possessed weapons of mass destruction, which was used by the U.S. and British governments to justify launching the invasion. But the intelligence reports the claim was based on turned out to be false.

Good on him. That took some serious balls.
Give me a fucking break. He was party to the destruction of a country that led to the deaths of countless innocent lives. The ramifications from his decision continue today. He should be strung up by his balls.

Give me a fucking break. He was party to the destruction of a country that led to the deaths of countless innocent lives. The ramifications from his decision continue today. He should be strung up by his balls.
Well, since we can't string him up by his balls, perhaps we can promote and appreciate honesty & contrition from the "leaders" who put us into that disaster.

I'll take what I can get.

The lesson to be learned is that absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence.

Glad he admitted it, but he, W, and many others should be charged with war crimes and imprisoned. Until we stop the oligarchy from making war, it will continue.

War is the health of the state....ALWAYS.

Well, since we can't string him up by his balls, perhaps we can promote and appreciate honesty & contrition from the "leaders" who put us into that disaster.

And what do all those affected by his poor judgment get?

And what do all those affected by his poor judgment get?
Squat. Pain. Anguish.

I don't think this half-hearted apology quite covers a fuck up of this magnitude, if Tony truly wants to make amends he can start by giving all his worldly possessions to help support the victims of the idiotic war he helped to foment, then he can beg forgiveness from each and every one of them.

Barring that I say Tony and the rest of the merry band of warmongers that perpetrated that ill-advised and fraudulent war should burn in hell.

I say string em up!!!

I don't think this half-hearted apology quite covers a fuck up of this magnitude, if Tony truly wants to make amends he can start by giving all his worldly possessions to help support the victims of the idiotic war he helped to foment, then he can beg forgiveness from each and every one of them.

Barring that I say Tony and the rest of the merry band of warmongers that perpetrated that ill-advised and fraudulent war should burn in hell.

What do you think about hillary rushing to war in Libya even though quadaffi son was calling and trying to make peace?

Or is that somehow different in your world ?

What do you think about hillary rushing to war in Libya even though quadaffi son was calling and trying to make peace?
Hillary is a warmongering asshole too but what does the imbroglio that the Obama and his gang created in Libya have to do with the George & Tony Sunshine Bands screw up in Iraq?

They had bad intel, but it's not like they attacked Canada.

Iraq was justified for numerous other reasons, and, it the Iraqis had their act together at all, should have ended up much better than under Saddam.

IMO, the mess in Iraq is on them.

In a sane, ideal world, Tony Blair's lifetime security detail would be revoked and a bounty would be placed on his head. I don't really care about Iraq, but he and his government actively colluded with E.U apparatchiks in propelling the UK into the age of mass immigration.

They had bad intel, but it's not like they attacked Canada.
Yeah tell that to the families of the tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis that were maimed and killed, tell that to the families of the American and British military that were maimed and killed, tell that to all the children that will be forced to pay off the debt created by that war and its after effects.

Iraq was justified for numerous other reasons, and, it the Iraqis had their act together at all, should have ended up much better than under Saddam.

IMO, the mess in Iraq is on them.
What other reasons justified that carnage, waste of blood & treasure and the destabilization of the Middle East?

Forum List

Back