Tomorrow feb 12 is birthday of our most famous white supremacist

So tell us about how you believe ideology has made you a slave?
It hasnt because I do not subscribe to ideologies as a replacement for critical thinking.

The poster claimed that African Americans are slaves now- do you believe that all African Americans are slaves because they subscribe to ideologies as a replacement for criticial thinking?
why are they african americans? I still don't get that, weren't they born in the US? you're confused.

Your ignorance is not my problem- its yours.

Irony coming from a present day lefty

Liberals founded this great nation
On the backs of slaves.
Look, slavery exists today and it's run by sharpton and jackson.

i'm so glad I grew up and live in places where people aren't white trash like you
you hate facts I know. You live in an egg shell. That's on you. The issue will never be resolved with PC politics. and that is the lefty libturd way. And why slavery and race baiting is flourishing today. Thanks to the libturds.

Let us know when you think you have actually come up with a fact- it would be a novelty I am sure we would all be amused by.

Not the Great Emancipator: 10 Racist Quotes Abraham Lincoln Said About Black People - Page 3 of 5 - Atlanta Black Star

Lincoln was, indeed, a white supremacist. In his 1858 debate with Sen. Steven Douglas, Lincoln maintained, “And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

All real history books carry that quote but history TEXTBOOKS used in schools never do.

Based on the achievements of whites and blacks in Lincoln's time, Lincoln was absolutely and totally justified to say what he said.

Come to think of it, what Lincoln said then still valid today, only more so.

Not surprised to find the USMB racists being attracted by this thread.....now we just need Stevie the racist to join in....

Not the Great Emancipator: 10 Racist Quotes Abraham Lincoln Said About Black People - Page 3 of 5 - Atlanta Black Star

Lincoln was, indeed, a white supremacist. In his 1858 debate with Sen. Steven Douglas, Lincoln maintained, “And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

All real history books carry that quote but history TEXTBOOKS used in schools never do.

Still pissed off with Lincoln for the Emancipation Proclamation and instigating the 13th Amendment eh?

You do know that Lincoln didn't free the slaves, in The United States, right? And that he wanted the blacks all shipped back to Africa?

You should be thanking John Wilkes Booth for mixing Lincoln's plan. Look at that big ass voting block Booth have you...lol

It hasnt because I do not subscribe to ideologies as a replacement for critical thinking.

The poster claimed that African Americans are slaves now- do you believe that all African Americans are slaves because they subscribe to ideologies as a replacement for criticial thinking?
why are they african americans? I still don't get that, weren't they born in the US? you're confused.

huh?

Liberals founded this great nation
On the backs of slaves.

i'm so glad I grew up and live in places where people aren't white trash like you
you hate facts I know. You live in an egg shell. That's on you. The issue will never be resolved with PC politics. and that is the lefty libturd way. And why slavery and race baiting is flourishing today. Thanks to the libturds.

Let us know when you think you have actually come up with a fact- it would be a novelty I am sure we would all be amused by.
one quick question, why don't whites live in black neighborhoods?

We have about eight white families that live in what was once considered a 'black neighborhood'.

Define what you consider a 'black neighborhood'.

I remember white men getting mad at the local newspaper for using the title 'Mister' in reference to a black man.

While times have changed it seems that many people are not aware of how much it has changed.

'more familial and less inhumane? I am not sure that there is a need to explain why some American slavery was less cruel than others- I don't see a need to the rationalization that many historical revisionists like to make that slavery just wasn't that bad- it was all 'bad'- slaves could be with a good master one day- and then sold to a raping/beating master the next.

But that was after slavery had become industrialized in the South. Prior to the mass trade of slaves in the South and other American nations, slaves were more comparable to a different sort of family servant. So a slave could own property,accumulate funds to buy his freedom, etc, and they had rights as well. What happened in the South was that slavery shifted into a race based institution that reduced slaves to a subhuman role because they themselves were regarded as subhuman. While there was still some nonblack slaves, they were treated as more than property, from what I remember. For example wile a black slave owner might have his slaves beaten for minor offenses or might even just kill one in some states, this could not be done to a white slave without big social impact and perhaps even arrest and a trial.

This adoption of racial justification for slavery and the dehumanization of blacks in the minds of most whites was mostly unheard of in what I have read prior to 1800 and was rare until around 1820. This evolution of primitive slavery to a more humane slavery then to a dehumanized industrial scale slavery is never discussed and I think it is worth discussing if one wants an accurate concept of what occurred.y

You need to go back- way back to get to that era.

By 1760 large scale rice plantations were starting up in South Carolina- with the plantations owning dozens or hundreds of slaves.

Jefferson had hundreds of slaves by 1776- while some were servants- most worked the fields, or in his industrial occupations.
Jefferson acquired most of the over six hundred slaves he owned during his life through the natural increase of enslaved families. He acquired approximately 175 slaves through inheritance: about 40 from the estate of his father, Peter Jefferson, in 1764, and 135 from his father-in-law, John Wayles, in 1774. Jefferson purchased fewer than twenty slaves in his lifetime, in some cases to unite spouses and in others to satisfy labor needs at Monticello.

What we do know is that by the time the Southern slave states attempted to secede to protect the institution of slavery- slavery itself had become more rigid, and more draconian laws were passed to prevent freeing slaves, and educating slaves.

Sure there is enough time. It just has to be a higher priority, but the real problem is that it takes focus off those mean ole Souther slave beaters, doesnt it?

Yes- you are right- there is 'enough time'- but I don't think that there is any need to prioritize rationalizing why slavery just wasn't that bad in the United States.

Just because you want to take the focus off of how bad slavery in the United States was.

While I have no particular concerns about Grant, I can only find records that he ever owned one slave- which he freed. I can't find any record that he had two slave servants during the Civil War- but perhaps you are talking about the slaves owned by his wife on their plantation?

Slaves owned by his wife are also owned by him as community property. Grant had use of them when his wife Julia visited. While it is known she had at least "Black Julia" with her, she likely had more. Her first visit caused something of a scandal but there is no record of her having stopped bringing them until they were finally sold, whenever that actually was.

Ulysses S. Grant States that the Grants Consider the Institution of Slavery Unjustifiable, In a Letter to a Young Boy

So your claim that Grant has two slave servants with him during the Civil War was a mistake?

Because your own citation doesn't mention Grant ever having 'two slave servants'- doesn't even mention any servants at all. What it does mention is that his wife had one slave accompanying her when she visited Grant.

On the backs of slaves.

Why are you such an idiot?

Still pissed off with Lincoln for the Emancipation Proclamation and instigating the 13th Amendment eh?

You do know that Lincoln didn't free the slaves, in The United States, right? And that he wanted the blacks all shipped back to Africa?

You should be thanking John Wilkes Booth for mixing Lincoln's plan. Look at that big ass voting block Booth have you...lol

You do know that you are incredibly ignorant right? You just gobble up the racist crap.

Lincoln did indeed 'free the slaves'- not all of them- but most of them.

The Emancipation Proclamation eventually resulted in the freeing of the majority of the slaves in the United States- every slave that Lincoln could find a legal pretext to free under his powers as Commander in Chief.

Lincoln was an advocate of the voluntary return to Africa of African American slaves- until he found out to his surprise that African Americans didn't want to go to some continent that their ancestors had come from 5 or 10 generations before. Lincoln then stopped advocating for sending ex-slaves to Africa.

huh?
That is the most intelligent post you have made all day.

We have about eight white families that live in what was once considered a 'black neighborhood'.

Define what you consider a 'black neighborhood'.

I remember white men getting mad at the local newspaper for using the title 'Mister' in reference to a black man.

While times have changed it seems that many people are not aware of how much it has changed.
There are areas in Chicago, Detroit, Ferguson let's say and Baltimore. Businesses don't want to go in there, pizza delivery, mail delivery hesitate to go into certain neighborhoods, and the population is mostly made up of black americans. Now are there neighborhoods where whites and blacks live together? Sure, there's a black family down the street from my house, and there are black families in the local area. I've never as long as I've lived heard of an area that transitioned from white to black to have white folk go back. Sorry, just haven't.

You do know that you are incredibly ignorant right? You just gobble up the racist crap.

The Emancipation Proclamation eventually resulted in the freeing of the majority of the slaves in the United States- every slave that Lincoln could find a legal pretext to free under his powers as Commander in Chief.

Lincoln was an advocate of the voluntary return to Africa of African American slaves- until he found out to his surprise that African Americans didn't want to go to some continent that their ancestors had come from 5 or 10 generations before. Lincoln then stopped advocating for sending ex-slaves to Africa.
why is that? Why didn't they wish to go back to their home country if they were treated so badly here? See it's shit like that that makes me scratch my head and go hmmmmmmmmmmm

No, Lincoln didn't free a single slave, in The United States. That's a fact. The Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in the Confederate States.

No, Lincoln didn't free a single slave, in The United States. That's a fact. The Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in the Confederate States.
However the 13th Amendment was passed by Congress before he was assassinated.

However the 13th Amendment was passed by Congress before he was assassinated.

It didn't become law until December 1865. Lincoln never signed it.

No- that is just your revisionist history and wishful thinking. The vast majority of slaves in the United States of America were freed by the Emancipation Proclamation- no matter how much you regret that.

"That on the first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, all persons held as slaves within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free; and the Executive Government of the United States, including the military and naval authority thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of such persons, and will do no act or acts to repress such persons, or any of them, in any efforts they may make for their actual freedom.
"That the Executive will, on the first day of January aforesaid, by proclamation, designate the States and parts of States, if any, in which the people thereof, respectively, shall then be in rebellion against the United States; and the fact that any State, or the people thereof, shall on that day be, in good faith, represented in the Congress of the United States by members chosen thereto at elections wherein a majority of the qualified voters of such State shall have participated, shall, in the absence of strong countervailing testimony, be deemed conclusive evidence that such State, and the people thereof, are not then in rebellion against the United States."
Now, therefore I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, by virtue of the power in me vested as Commander-in-Chief, of the Army and Navy of the United States in time of actual armed rebellion against the authority and government of the United States, and as a fit and necessary war measure for suppressing said rebellion, do, on this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and in accordance with my purpose so to do publicly proclaimed for the full period of one hundred days, from the day first above mentioned, order and designate as the States and parts of States wherein the people thereof respectively, are this day in rebellion against the United States, the following, to wit:
Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, (except the Parishes of St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Jefferson, St. John, St. Charles, St. James Ascension, Assumption, Terrebonne, Lafourche, St. Mary, St. Martin, and Orleans, including the City of New Orleans) Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia, (except the forty-eight counties designated as West Virginia, and also the counties of Berkley, Accomac, Northampton, Elizabeth City, York, Princess Ann, and Norfolk, including the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth[)], and which excepted parts, are for the present, left precisely as if this proclamation were not issued.
And by virtue of the power, and for the purpose aforesaid, I do order and declare that all persons held as slaves within said designated States, and parts of States, are, and henceforward shall be free; and that the Executive government of the United States, including the military and naval authorities thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of said persons.
And I hereby enjoin upon the people so declared to be free to abstain from all violence, unless in necessary self-defence; and I recommend to them that, in all cases when allowed, they labor faithfully for reasonable wages.
And I further declare and make known, that such persons of suitable condition, will be received into the armed service of the United States to garrison forts, positions, stations, and other places, and to man vessels of all sorts in said service.
And upon this act, sincerely believed to be an act of justice, warranted by the Constitution, upon military necessity, I invoke the considerate judgment of mankind, and the gracious favor of Almighty God.
In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the United States to be affixed.
Done at the City of Washington, this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty three, and of the Independence of the United States of America the eighty-seventh.
By the President: ABRAHAM LINCOLN
WILLIAM H. SEWARD, Secretary of State.

why is that? Why didn't they wish to go back to their home country if they were treated so badly here? See it's shit like that that makes me scratch my head and go hmmmmmmmmmmm

I figure anything with writing on it makes you scratch your head and go 'hmmmmmmmm'.

What 'home country'? There were few slaves living in the United States in 1860 who had been born outside the United States. The majority were 5-10 generations removed from the continent that their ancestors had come from, didn't speak any language of Africa, and didn't even know what part of Africa his or her ancestors came from.

Forum List

Back