Republicans Need to Learn Their Real History on Race.

Just because Byrd did not renew his membership didn't mean he changed his beliefs. He wanted to remain in office. It really is that simple!
Obviously my assumption that you have no idea what you're blathering about is correct.

But he was appointed by a Democrat and served with the Whigs... so there's that.

And 1954? Did his ZOMBIE join the GOP? Was he like a corpse wearing an "I like Ike" button?
I am fine to agree, that in 1955 the Dred Scott decision was unanimous, all Democrats voted affirmative denying the right of freedom to Dred Scott.

I am fine to agree, that in 1955 the Dred Scott decision was unanimous, all Democrats voted affirmative denying the right of freedom to Dred Scott.

Yes, they thought it would keep the peace on the issue of slavery. Constitutionally, they were right on point. The South had the right to have slaves and the North had to respect that. There really wasn't a legal issue here, other than whether the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 was constitutional.

In fact, there was a Fugitive Slave Clause in the Constitution. Article 2, Section 3, Clause 4

No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, but shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due.

It was further upheld by the Fugitive Slave Acts of 1789 and 1850.

The law was the law at the time, and the remedy was amending the constitution.

Negroes need to understand real Negro history. It ain't what the Libtard pukes are telling them.

Once again. Just sayin'.

Republican%20Civil%20Rights%20Accomplishments-L.jpg

The Dred Scott decision was in 1857. Just sayin'.
I appreciate it, and dont pretend to be perfect with these dates, and there were a lot of dates that Dred Scott was in court for judgements.

I should know more, I need a book, I am sure the details of this man's life is interesting

I appreciate it, and dont pretend to be perfect with these dates, and there were a lot of dates that Dred Scott was in court for judgements.

I should know more, I need a book, I am sure the details of this man's life is interesting
Happens to all of us.

A few years off is to be ignored but three generations stretch my limits. :D

Forum List

Back