Zone1 Abe Lincoln On the Dangers of Multiculturalism

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
I'll try to find the quote, but he said something to the effect that...

"The black man is a man, but he is not my brother.". He believed in their freedom, but he recognized nothing good will come out of a multicultural/multiracial culture. He was right.

and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything. I do not understand that because I do not want a negro woman for a slave I must necessarily want her for a wife. [Cheers and laughter.] My understanding is that I can just let her alone. I am now in my fiftieth year, and I certainly never have had a black woman for either a slave or a wife. So it seems to me quite possible for us to get along without making either slaves or wives of negroes. I will add to this that I have never seen to my knowledge a man, woman or child who was in favor of producing a perfect equality, social and political, between negroes and white men.

What President Lincoln said was very hurtful.

Of course, we all hope that he was wrong.

But many people today consider what has happened to our cities since the 1960s, and they understandably wonder whether he was right.

"The black man is a man, but he is not my brother.". He believed in their freedom, but he recognized nothing good will come out of a multicultural/multiracial culture. He was right.

and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything. I do not understand that because I do not want a negro woman for a slave I must necessarily want her for a wife. [Cheers and laughter.] My understanding is that I can just let her alone. I am now in my fiftieth year, and I certainly never have had a black woman for either a slave or a wife. So it seems to me quite possible for us to get along without making either slaves or wives of negroes. I will add to this that I have never seen to my knowledge a man, woman or child who was in favor of producing a perfect equality, social and political, between negroes and white men.

C'mon, now your sounding like a reciprocal IM2 or some of the other nut jobs. ANYONE is capable of performing a job with the proper education and ambition. There is no inferior or superior race. There are ambitious and lazy with very little in between. I believe we are all born with equal qualifications (with minor exceptions). It is up to the individual to do the best that they can with the gifts that God gave them. Those with ambition will succeed. The lazy won't--it is that simple.

I'm not a fan of how modern multiculturalism is being practiced by some but I am doubting Abe ever said that, so a citation for that quote would be good to see.

Oh good! A racist that's dumb enough to blow the cover and not even understanding that he/she has.

Those with ambition will succeed. The lazy won't--it is that simple.
No my friend, it's far from that simple. Being an ambitious black man was often interpreted by Americans as being uppity, and got him lynched or shot dead.

And you're mistaken in thinking that the opposite of ambition is being lazy. The opposite for a black man in the US south was keeping his eyes averted from a white woman's ass and stepping off the sidewalk.

C'mon, now your sounding like a reciprocal IM2 or some of the other nut jobs. ANYONE is capable of performing a job with the proper education and ambition. There is no inferior or superior race. There are ambitious and lazy with very little in between. I believe we are all born with equal qualifications (with minor exceptions). It is up to the individual to do the best that they can with the gifts that God gave them. Those with ambition will succeed. The lazy won't--it is that simple.
I posted Abe Lincolns views on a multicultural society. You are debating me over what he said 😂

I'm not a fan of how modern multiculturalism is being practiced by some but I am doubting Abe ever said that, so a citation for that quote would be good to see.
I'm guessing you neglected clicking the link.

This is from the University of Michigan

What President Lincoln said was very hurtful.

Of course, we all hope that he was wrong.

But many people today consider what has happened to our cities since the 1960s, and they understandably wonder whether he was right.
I don't "wonder."

No my friend, it's far from that simple. Being an ambitious black man was often interpreted by Americans as being uppity, and got him lynched or shot dead.

And you're mistaken in thinking that the opposite of ambition is being lazy. The opposite for a black man in the US south was keeping his eyes averted from a white woman's ass and stepping off the sidewalk.
You're dismissed duck. These are American domestic policies that iare being discussed. MYOB. Go fix your own country. You have your own share of self-imposed problems to deal with. Put your nose in the middle of them.

He didn’t say one was inferior or superior to another. Just that they are different, and it would be better to live separately and respect each other as such.
I believe this portion of his quote clearly says that he ascribes the position of superiority to the white race.
And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

Remember, you will be a minority in the US shortly. It must terrify you.

The idea of a multicultural society was alien in the 1860s
Doesnt make it right
Lincoln's inaction planted the seeds for today's multicultural society.

He, along with the Republicans, fought to free the slaves from the wealthy Democrats.

Once freed and given the vote, the Democrats saw millions of new voters to exploit and quickly changed tactics

Last edited:
Lincoln freed the slaves.

Yes it must terrify you. Because its always been like that.
You're trolling and flaming -- you know better

What Does Flaming Mean? Flaming is a hostile online interaction that involves insulting messages, or flames, between users. Flaming may occur in the context of Internet forums

Forum List

Back