Tomorrow feb 12 is birthday of our most famous white supremacist

Not the Great Emancipator: 10 Racist Quotes Abraham Lincoln Said About Black People - Page 3 of 5 - Atlanta Black Star

Lincoln was, indeed, a white supremacist. In his 1858 debate with Sen. Steven Douglas, Lincoln maintained, “And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

All real history books carry that quote but history TEXTBOOKS used in schools never do.

:cuckoo:

abraham-lincoln-quote-5.jpg
Irony coming from a present day lefty

Liberals founded this great nation
On the backs of slaves.
Look, slavery exists today and it's run by sharpton and jackson.

i'm so glad I grew up and live in places where people aren't white trash like you

Irony coming from a present day lefty

Liberals founded this great nation
On the backs of slaves.

Thank you for recognizing that our founding fathers were liberals.
They absolutely were. But not like the big govt, social Marxist, limp wrists of today. Liberals appreciate limited government and individual liberty. Not much of a chance in hell you even know what that means.

Not the Great Emancipator: 10 Racist Quotes Abraham Lincoln Said About Black People - Page 3 of 5 - Atlanta Black Star

Lincoln was, indeed, a white supremacist. In his 1858 debate with Sen. Steven Douglas, Lincoln maintained, “And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

All real history books carry that quote but history TEXTBOOKS used in schools never do.

He is talking about real history books that try to give all sides to an issue, not libtard agit-prop texts being used as history books like most of the ones found in public schools.

Still pissed off with Lincoln for the Emancipation Proclamation and instigating the 13th Amendment eh?
How typical for a lib to bring up racial matters and ignore the burning of half the South that Sherman did, especially Atlanta.

IT's as if you cant fathom how people would resent the US army conducting Scorched Earth warfare on American soil but can only clue in on any racial aspect of the war.

How pathetic. I will pray for your shriveled soul.
Maybe firing on Ft. Sumter wasn`t such a great idea. Ya think?

Lincoln believed that slavery was a great evil.....but he did not believe blacks were equal

He also did not believe women were equal
He also did not believe Indians were equal
He also did not believe gays were equal

Does that make him a bigot?

and yet we don't have a month to show him off in? Why not? Why is it that only a reward for the black men?

We dont' even have a day for him anymore.

Now they lump all the presidents in one

Lincoln believed that slavery was a great evil.....but he did not believe blacks were equal

He also did not believe women were equal
He also did not believe Indians were equal
He also did not believe gays were equal

Does that make him a bigot?

Sure. And?

Still pissed off with Lincoln for the Emancipation Proclamation and instigating the 13th Amendment eh?
How typical for a lib to bring up racial matters and ignore the burning of half the South that Sherman did, especially Atlanta.

IT's as if you cant fathom how people would resent the US army conducting Scorched Earth warfare on American soil but can only clue in on any racial aspect of the war.

How pathetic. I will pray for your shriveled soul.
Maybe firing on Ft. Sumter wasn`t such a great idea. Ya think?
That is not the first shots of the Civil War were fired at, dude. That happened down in Pensacola where the Yankee commanders refused to hand over the fortress that was sitting on public land of a foreign nation.

And it was not the cause of the war either; the South had paid the overwhelming amount of tariffs and revenue tot he federal government, and the South leaving meant an end to Northern manufacturing protectionism and the end of their abuse of immigrants who had started migrating South.

He is talking about real history books that try to give all sides to an issue, not libtard agit-prop texts being used as history books like most of the ones found in public schools.

no he isn't. he's ranting because the neo-confederate insurrectionists hate Lincoln.

I reiterate my initial point. but it's nice of you to defend him. I don't defend bigots but whatever warms your heart.

Which part of the 'slavery' issue do you feel is not being represented in the 'libtard agit-prop texts'- also know as history books?

no he isn't. he's ranting because the neo-confederate insurrectionists hate Lincoln.

I dont hate Lincoln, but I think it is important to have a clear multi-dimensional perspective on the man. He was what we would call today a bigot. But we are all flawed beings, and Lincoln cant be faulted for believing in some of the shibboleths of his time.

I reiterate my initial point. but it's nice of you to defend him. I don't defend bigots but whatever warms your heart.

I defend lots of people if I think that they are right on a particular point. I dont care if they are racists, communists, Nazis or libertarians.

WE either respect the Truth and defend it or we do not and sell our soul to lies.

Which part of the 'slavery' issue do you feel is not being represented in the 'libtard agit-prop texts'- also know as history books?

The pre-industrial slavery that was more familial and less inhumane is left out. For example, why was General Grant accompanied by his two slave servants through the Civil War? Obviously he thought the slavery they were destroying in the South was not the kind of slavery he practiced.

The full concept of what slavery was not only in the US but outside of it also, from the Mamelukes to the breeding farms and the Arab and Jewish middle men.

The role of slavery in industrial development as well as the economic impact of slavery tot he host nation.

You can argue all day that slavery is evil, and I think it was, but the economic stagnation of the South it brought was not only bad, but fatal in the Civil War.

Forum List

Back