Why Do White Republicans Keep Trying to Tell Bllacks About the Democratic Party?

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point."

Fact check: In 1977, Biden said without orderly integration, his kids would grow up in 'racial jungle'

The this he's talking about in that quote is inequality, segregation and racial animosity. In this same hearing he advocated for housing and job integration which he argued would lead to intergrated schools. It was only mandatory bussing he opposed, for whatever reason.

"You take people who aren't racist, people who are good citizens, who believe in equal education and opportunity, and you stunt their children's intellectual growth by busing them to an inferior school, and you're going to fill them with hatred," he said of a busing plan that would bus white students from the suburbs to urban schools.

He extended his concerns to a hypothetical black student from Wilmington too, wondering, "you send him to Alexis I. DuPont, bus him through Centerville every day, then send him back to the ghetto. How can he be encouraged to love his white brothers?"

"You take people who aren't racist, people who are good citizens, who believe in equal education and opportunity, and you stunt their children's intellectual growth by busing them to an inferior school, and you're going to fill them with hatred," he said of a busing plan that would bus white students from the suburbs to urban schools.

He extended his concerns to a hypothetical black student from Wilmington too, wondering, "you send him to Alexis I. DuPont, bus him through Centerville every day, then send him back to the ghetto. How can he be encouraged to love his white brothers?"

Are you going to add any of your own commentary or are you too pussy to speak? What he's addressing were the calls to not only bus black kids into white neighborhoods but white kids to black schools which at the time and still to this day are largely underfunded and neglected. I agree that's a pretty shitty solution. The solution is to invest and fund schools in black neighborhoods until they're performing the same as schools in predominately white neighborhoods. Not to spread misery to white children.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
Are you going to add any of your own commentary or are you too pussy to speak? What he's addressing were the calls to not only bus black kids into white neighborhoods but white kids to black schools which at the time and still to this day are largely underfunded and neglected. I agree that's a pretty shitty solution. The solution is to invest and fund schools in black neighborhoods until they're performing the same as schools in predominately white neighborhoods. Not to spread misery to white children.

To perform the same, they'd need students who could read, write and do math.
Where would that leave the black students?

BLACKS WERE REPUBLICANS FOR 100 YEARS! We left the party because the party never wanted us.

The racist history of the Democratic party is well documented. The Democratic Party was founded in 1828. Slavery had been in this countrysince at least 1619. Slavery existed here for 209 years before the democratic party was founded. Republicans today love telling blacks how the Democratic Party was pro-slavery and how it was the Republican Party that freed theslaves. There is a lot modern republicans choose not to tell as they try luring blacks into supporting a move back into Jim Crow. First, not all Republicans were for racial equality. The Party had several factions in the beginning. One was the Radical Republicans. The Radical Republicans were for the eradication of slavery. They were not conservatives. Frederick Douglass was a Radical Republican. Lincoln was moderate politically. He opposed the expansion of slavery but did not believe in racial equality.

“I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way thesocial and political equality of the white and black ... I am not nor ever havebeen in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them tohold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition tothis that there is a physical difference between the white and black raceswhich I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms ofsocial and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while theydo remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I asmuch as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assignedto the white race.”

Arthur Zilversmit, Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations, Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association,Volume 2, Issue 1, 1980, pp. 22-45, Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations

Both Dr. Henry Louis Gates andthe 1619 Project have written about a meeting between blacks and Lincoln whereby he made insulting comments to them, blamed blacks for the Civil War, and demanded they accept his plan to resettle blacks outside of America. According to both sources, on Aug. 14, 1862, Lincoln met with black representatives at the White House to try getting blacks to accept getting shipped out of the country.

THIS, is what the party of Linncoln wanted. To force blacks to leave the country. So why do white Republicans in this forum keep trying to lie to blacks about the Republican Party?
If you mother fuckers could learn we wouldn’t have to keep telling you.

To perform the same, they'd need students who could read, write and do math.
Where would that leave the black students?
Since blacks can do all those things, where does it leave you?

BLACKS WERE REPUBLICANS FOR 100 YEARS! We left the party because the party never wanted us.

The racist history of the Democratic party is well documented. The Democratic Party was founded in 1828. Slavery had been in this countrysince at least 1619. Slavery existed here for 209 years before the democratic party was founded. Republicans today love telling blacks how the Democratic Party was pro-slavery and how it was the Republican Party that freed theslaves. There is a lot modern republicans choose not to tell as they try luring blacks into supporting a move back into Jim Crow. First, not all Republicans were for racial equality. The Party had several factions in the beginning. One was the Radical Republicans. The Radical Republicans were for the eradication of slavery. They were not conservatives. Frederick Douglass was a Radical Republican. Lincoln was moderate politically. He opposed the expansion of slavery but did not believe in racial equality.

“I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way thesocial and political equality of the white and black ... I am not nor ever havebeen in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them tohold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition tothis that there is a physical difference between the white and black raceswhich I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms ofsocial and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while theydo remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I asmuch as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assignedto the white race.”

Arthur Zilversmit, Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations, Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association,Volume 2, Issue 1, 1980, pp. 22-45, Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations

Both Dr. Henry Louis Gates andthe 1619 Project have written about a meeting between blacks and Lincoln whereby he made insulting comments to them, blamed blacks for the Civil War, and demanded they accept his plan to resettle blacks outside of America. According to both sources, on Aug. 14, 1862, Lincoln met with black representatives at the White House to try getting blacks to accept getting shipped out of the country.

THIS, is what the party of Linncoln wanted. To force blacks to leave the country. So why do white Republicans in this forum keep trying to lie to blacks about the Republican Party?
Keep voting Democrat, hating and blaming Republicans, and not holding Democrats accountable. How’s that working out??

You mean single parent households?
Those are marriage rates not indications of mothers raising children on their own. Over 70% of black children will be born out of wedlock but around 50% of white children will have parents that get divorced and seperate and you probably don't consider them fatherless, do you? Marriage rates aside according to studies Black fathers are the most involved in their children's lives. Furthermore, Black and Brown households are more likely to be mutilgenerational. That means you're more likely to have grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles or cousins living together to share the financial burden. The problem is is that financial burden is a lot greater for black and brown families who face a ten to one wealth gap with the average white family. To put that in perspective I don't know what the actually numbers are now because this wealth gap continues to grow but the average white family has something like $100,000+ in wealth while the average black family had $10,000. That's why with every economic downturn black families are hit the hardest and take the longest to recover.
Thug culture?
There's a lot of thuggish behavior in white culture as well. Nothing black Americans ever do will come close to the atrocities committed against them by slaver Founders you venerate. Being a thuggish, violent piece of shit isn't what makes you a failure in society. It's not being supported by society that does that.
Dem neglect?
And where are Republicans? It's Dem policies that lifted white people out of poverty and built the middle class. Dem segegrated New Deal policies subsidized white home owner ship and white neighborhoods and today those investments account for a lot of that persistent wealth gap between black and white families. What we need is another new deal type policy for those who were left behind and red lined before with a healthy does of reparations. Moderate dems promise they'll move towards these goals and they often lie but what do Republicans offer? Nothing. They offer bootstraps and derision and wonder why a majority of minorities reject their rigged system. At leat we can occasionally bully the moderates.

You're just a racist who for racist reasons don't think black fathers care about their children. You can point at Biden all you like but you're never going to convince enough that a deplorable piece of shit like you and yours are a better alternative.

Forum List

Back