Today's American History lesson.

Lincoln's war is what was illegal and unconstitutional.

Lincoln ordered the military blockade of Southern ports.This an act of war. Only Congress can do that. That's a Violation of the US Constitution.

Show me where it says it cause thats not what you guys are saying. You are relying on a third party.
If you need some help in reading, I can attach a link to hooked on phonics for you so we can get to the bottom of this.
I say its not in the COTUS. Show me where it says states dont have the right to secession.

No, the power of the supreme court is laid right out there in the Constitution. Unless you want to rip out the pages of the US Constitution that say the Supreme Court is the final judge in all cases involving the Constitution then the Constitution says that the secession of the 1860's was illegal.

This isn't up for debate. You don't get to grab a marker and cross out all the parts of the US constitution you don't like.

Lincoln called for the states to come up with 75,000 soldiers to invade the Southern Confederacy. Cant do that, only Congress can call for troops. Violation of the Constitution.

What a Tyrant. And Warmonger.

There was nothing in the Constitution that prevented secession at that time. The 10th Amendment said that anything not specified in the Constitution was left up to the States or the people. You know, States rights. The Confederate states voted to secede.

Yes and the Supreme Court said those states entered an indissoluble relation according to the constitution. You may disagree with that interpretation which is fine. But the Constitution says that it is only up to what the Supreme Court to make that decision.

Lincoln called for the states to come up with 75,000 soldiers to invade the Southern Confederacy. Cant do that, only Congress can call for troops. Violation of the Constitution.

What a Tyrant. And Warmonger.

Yeah, he can ask. Remember he asked for volunteers AFTER Fort Sumter was attacked.

US Constitution Article lll...Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them.

Lincoln committed treason. Unless you consider the Confederacy a sovereign nation. :wink:

Lincoln ordered the military blockade of Southern ports.This an act of war. Only Congress can do that. That's a Violation of the US Constitution.

No it wasn't the Constitution says that secession was illegal. You may not LIKE that interpretation. But the CONSTITUTION gives the Supreme Court the power to make that call. Unless you want to overthrow the government and burn the Constitution and create your own laws as you like them, that's the law of the land.

April 25 1861, When it looks as though Maryland may secede from the Union, Lincoln sends a letter to General Winfield Scott giving him permission to bombard Maryland's Cities.

This war criminal Lincoln couldn't wait to bombard innocent civilians. We call that Terrorism these days.

US Constitution Article lll...Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them.

Lincoln committed treason. Unless you consider the Confederacy a sovereign nation. :wink:

Actually Lincoln is tasked with defending the US against enemies foreign and domestic. When Ft Sumter was fired upon, war was declared.

Lincoln ordered hundreds of Northern newspapers who dared to speak out against him to be shut down. And their owners and editors were arrested for disloyalty.

This is a clear violation of the 1st Amendment of the Constitution that Lincoln swore to uphold.

Chief Justice of the US Roger Taney, sitting as a judge of the United States Circuit Court for the District of Maryland, ruled that Lincoln had violated the US Constitution when he illegally suspended the Writ of Habeas Corpus in Maryland.

After hearing this Lincoln signed an arrest warrant to have the Chief Justice of the US arrested.

Lincoln should have been hanged. Instead he was shot. Sic Semper Tyrannis.

There was nothing in the Constitution that prevented secession at that time. The 10th Amendment said that anything not specified in the Constitution was left up to the States or the people. You know, States rights. The Confederate states voted to secede.

And we stomped their asses into the ground for doing so...

The mistake was after the war, not having a Nuremberg style tribunal for all the leaders and throwing them all a necktie party.

Show me where it says it cause thats not what you guys are saying. You are relying on a third party.
If you need some help in reading, I can attach a link to hooked on phonics for you so we can get to the bottom of this.
I say its not in the COTUS. Show me where it says states dont have the right to secession.

What Third party? The Constitution says in matters where the State is a party in a court case, the Supreme Court has jurisdiction as to law and fact. The fact is the the secession was illegal.

Again you can whine and cry that you don't like the verdict. You can whine and cry that the constitution was wrong in giving those powers. But that's the law.

No, the power of the supreme court is laid right out there in the Constitution. Unless you want to rip out the pages of the US Constitution that say the Supreme Court is the final judge in all cases involving the Constitution then the Constitution says that the secession of the 1860's was illegal.

This isn't up for debate. You don't get to grab a marker and cross out all the parts of the US constitution you don't like.
I understand that. But that is kinda what you are doing isnt it? The Constitution is a RESTRICTION for the federal government. You need to understand that. Thats why it wasnt broad.
SHOW ME where the Constitution says secession is illegal.

"'Maryland my Maryland' was published calling Lincoln a tyrant and a despot and a vandal." It should be noted that this later became Maryland's official State song, and still is today.

The very first time Union troops showed their face in Maryland they were attacked by the fine citizens of Baltimore, this is usually considered first blood in the Civil War. Baltimore riot of 1861 - Wikipedia

I understand that. But that is kinda what you are doing isnt it? The Constitution is a RESTRICTION for the federal government. You need to understand that. Thats why it wasnt broad.

You asked the legality of it. The Supreme Court Ruled that it was illegal. The constitution says that they are the final judge on the matter. End of Story. It was Illegal.

You asked the legality of it. The Supreme Court Ruled that it was illegal. The constitution says that they are the final judge on the matter. End of Story. It was Illegal.

Texas V White was after the War was over. Not applicable.

Forum List

Back