Today's American History lesson.

• Banned
The Confederacy had slavery for 4 years.

The USA had slavery for 89 years.

The USA struggled with slavery for everyone of those 89 years.

The CSA killed hundredsof thousands of people to preserve it.

Wrong. The CSA killed over 300,000 Union soldiers because their land was invaded by a Tyrant warmonger who got his in the end also. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wrong. The CSA killed over 300,000 Union soldiers because their land was invaded by a Tyrant warmonger who got his in the end also. Sic Semper Tyrannis
Some fought to preserve slavery. That much is clear. But there were other reasons. Hek, my state joined the union initially. Then here comes the tyrant and shits on our rule of law and sends people out to rape, murder and rob, jail people for opinions etc.

And slavery has existed around the world for thousands of years. Some say it still does in some Islamic countries. Societies and governments are comprised of people, with all their faults. America is not and has not been the exception to that, and we still have a ways to go to achieve true social equality. As does every other society and gov't around the planet.

Yes he did invade, after the Confederacy spent about a day bombing a US fort. I would hope that if North Korea nuked Guam, we would fight back as well.

And slavery has existed around the world for thousands of years. Some say it still does in some Islamic countries. Societies and governments are comprised of people, with all their faults. America is not and has not been the exception to that, and we still have a ways to go to achieve true social equality. As does every other society and gov't around the planet.
There are millions of slaves in africa right now.

Some fought to preserve slavery. That much is clear. But there were other reasons. Hek, my state joined the union initially. Then here comes the tyrant and shits on our rule of law and sends people out to rape, murder and rob, jail people for opinions etc.

What state?

Yes he did invade, after the Confederacy spent about a day bombing a US fort. I would hope that if North Korea nuked Guam, we would fight back as well.

Wrong. Secession was legal. Fort Sumter was therefore the property of the State of SC.

What State?
TN

I thought they got upset when Lincoln called for volunteers for the Union Army after the attack on Fort Sumter and that changed an already divided state to flip.

I mean when Governor Harris at the time called the General Assembly into a special session to talk of the reasons for secession he said his reasons...

“The attempt of the Northern people to confine slavery within the limits of the present Southern States" and "to put slavery on the path of ultimate extinction" were the reasons. He didn't mention any of the reasons you came up with. In fact I can't find any speeches at the time calling for secession for the reasons you have. I mean tyrant sure, tyrant that he opposed slavery with federal powers. SHitting on the rule of law sure. You can find speeches where Lincoln not supporting the fugitive slave act or expansion of slavery. You can speak to the leaders being upset Lincoln didn't respond to Tennessee creating their own state amendment protecting slavery.

Harris talked about “depriving the fanatical majorities of the North of the power to invade our rights or impair the security or value of our property.” with Property being slaves.

Didn't the Eastern half of Tennessee try to rejoin the union and the leaders in the state instituted martial law to prevent them from doing so? That's the only military rule I see imposed.

Lincoln the Tyrant in my State... Maryland was getting ready to vote for secession.

Lincoln ordered the arrest of thousands Marylander's for the crime of 'suspected Southern sympathies'.

Lincoln ordered the arrest of US Congressman Henry May representing Maryland.

Lincoln also had arrested...

Most of the Maryland State Legislature

Most of the Baltimore city council

The police commissioner of Baltimore

The mayor of Baltimore

Thousands of prominent Maryland citizens.

These people were arrested and held in Military prisons, without trial, some of them for years.

This trashing of the Constitution upset many Marylanders. One of them was named Booth.

"Sic Semper Tyrannis"

Lincoln the Tyrant in my State... Maryland was getting ready to vote for secession.

Lincoln ordered the arrest of thousands Marylander's for the crime of 'suspected Southern sympathies'.

The mayor of Baltimore

These people were arrested and held in Military prisons, without trial, some of them for years.

This trashing of the Constitution upset many Marylanders. One of them was named Booth.

"Sic Semper Tyrannis"

Yup. Lincoln did a great job stomping racist traitors into the dirt. We need to follow his fine example today.

What State?
TN

I thought they got upset when Lincoln called for volunteers for the Union Army after the attack on Fort Sumter and that changed an already divided state to flip.

I mean when Governor Harris at the time called the General Assembly into a special session to talk of the reasons for secession he said his reasons...

“The attempt of the Northern people to confine slavery within the limits of the present Southern States" and "to put slavery on the path of ultimate extinction" were the reasons. He didn't mention any of the reasons you came up with. In fact I can't find any speeches at the time calling for secession for the reasons you have. I mean tyrant sure, tyrant that he opposed slavery with federal powers. SHitting on the rule of law sure. You can find speeches where Lincoln not supporting the fugitive slave act or expansion of slavery. You can speak to the leaders being upset Lincoln didn't respond to Tennessee creating their own state amendment protecting slavery.

Harris talked about “depriving the fanatical majorities of the North of the power to invade our rights or impair the security or value of our property.” with Property being slaves.

Didn't the Eastern half of Tennessee try to rejoin the union and the leaders in the state instituted martial law to prevent them from doing so? That's the only military rule I see imposed.
We could have taken all the islands in the Caribbean, making them into slaves states in return for the South keeping out of the West. That's what President Monroe wanted to do,way back in the 1820s, but the plutocracy refused to fund a Navy.

We could have taken all the islands in the Caribbean, making them into slaves states in return for the South keeping out of the West. That's what President Monroe wanted to do,way back in the 1820s, but the plutocracy refused to fund a Navy.

Lots of presidents have talked about that as a way to avert war. When Lincoln received a letter from the Governor of Alabama that freeing the slaves would allow the slaves to think they were people, and then the citizens of his state would be forced to lynch and kill them all and he didn't want that on his conscience, even Lincoln looked at the voluntary relocation of slaves.

Monroe's movement talk wasn't ALL slaves remember. He talked about the idea of using an island much like Australia was used. Remember he had slave revolts against him. He felt that the best way to perpetuate slavery in the US was to move the dissenters to a penal colony.

What State?
TN

you sound like a victim of wiki lol.
The Union tried taking over trade routes, farm land and all kinds of shit. I read, i cant remember who said it, that how we could we (TN) stand by while the Union tramples on our constitution and lands and kill our brothers?
I have also heard many stories by ear around here.
The governor was an asshole who only cared about the economy. What he said, nobody really cared about it. Not enough, anyways.. As the first vote, when he said that, got shot down. Hell, i think he said that before Lincoln even got inaugurated..
I also believe after the march to the sea was when a surge of tennesseeans started joining the confederate army. Sherman didnt want to end confederate soldiers, he wanted to end southerners. I am sure that quote is out there floating somewhere..
The time frame for request for troops was nothing more than a coincidence for some. Of course, that is an agreed conclusion as the union won the war. Whoever wins the wars, writes the history.

The mayor of Baltimore

"Sic Semper Tyrannis"

Yup. Lincoln did a great job stomping racist traitors into the dirt. We need to follow his fine example today.
so you would support trump trashing the constitution to get his agenda across?

Wrong. Secession was legal. Fort Sumter was therefore the property of the State of SC.

Wrong

Wrong
Can you point to the law or where in the constitution that said secession was illegal?

Forum List

Back