Today's American History lesson.

so you would support trump trashing the constitution to get his agenda across?

Depends on the situation.

Remember the people Lincoln jailed were trying to get their states to join the confederacy AFTER the war had begun. If Trump was to find that the governor of NY was planning on marching his people down to attack Washington DC in support of North Korea and join their army AFTER they'd already bombed our base in Guam, I'd hope Trump put that governor in jail and all who were trying to turn traitor against the USA in a time of war.

Wrong. The CSA killed over 300,000 Union soldiers because their land was invaded by a Tyrant warmonger who got his in the end also. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Yes he did invade, after the Confederacy spent about a day bombing a US fort. I would hope that if North Korea nuked Guam, we would fight back as well.

Wrong. Secession was legal. Fort Sumter was therefore the property of the State of SC.

Wrong
Can you point to the law or where in the constitution that said secession was illegal?
Texas v. White | law case

Wrong. The CSA killed over 300,000 Union soldiers because their land was invaded by a Tyrant warmonger who got his in the end also. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Yes he did invade, after the Confederacy spent about a day bombing a US fort. I would hope that if North Korea nuked Guam, we would fight back as well.

Wrong. Secession was legal. Fort Sumter was therefore the property of the State of SC.

Wrong
Can you point to the law or where in the constitution that said secession was illegal?
That case was after the fact. There was NOTHING in current case law, written law or the constitution that made it illegal. Principle of legality my man.

That was AFTER the fact. Principle of legality

Yes I am with you that our ability to get pre-cog's like the movie Minority Report is well behind where it should be.

But until we are there we will have to hold court after offenses occur. You won't be able to take your neighbor to court and get a guilty verdict for him stealing your bike until AFTER the the event occurs.

But luckily the constitution gives the supreme court the power to decide the law of the land. Their interpretation said it was illegal. That's really all there is to it. Now whether you like it or not is a personal preference, but short of overthrowing the government and creating a new higher court, that's where it stands.

Last edited:

Wrong
That case was after the fact. There was NOTHING in current case law, written law or the constitution that made it illegal. Principle of legality my man.

Read the court's decision.

Wrong

Read the court's decision.
I have. I have read the dissenting opinions as well.
I never really cared what the SC says anyways. Everyone knows they are nothing but activists. Hell, even one of the dissenting opinions in texas vs white was only because of bonds...
The constitution isnt broad. And the words are there in basic english.

I never really cared what the SC says anyways. Everyone knows they are nothing but activists. Hell, even one of the dissenting opinions in texas vs white was only because of bonds...

While it is interesting that you don't care what the Constitution says (and the powers it gives the Supreme Court), that doesn't mean much of anything. You asked if it was legal, not how much you liked it being illegal. .

I never really cared what the SC says anyways......

Well, there you go. They are the highest law in the nation, and you are an irrelevant nobody. Secession was illegal.
Not at the time. You can scream and shout all you want. But it is what it is. There was no case law, written law or specifics in the COTUS. Just like with internment, ACA and so many other bullshit opinions, they grasped at straws.

While it is interesting that you don't care what the Constitution says (and the powers it gives the Supreme Court), that doesn't mean much of anything. You asked if it was legal, not how much you liked it being illegal. .
And im saying it was. You cant make up new laws to prosecute on crimes already committed. Basically, thats what you guys are saying.

Not at the time. You can scream and shout all you want. But it is what it is. There was no case law, written law or specifics in the COTUS. Just like with internment, ACA and so many other bullshit opinions, they grasped at straws.

Nobodies screaming. Just saying that according to the US Constitution secession was illegal.

If secession was illegal, then we are an illegal nation and belong to Great Britain. Our country was born of secession.

That's kind of retarded. While not a fan of the American Revolution in general, (Seriously, we'd be so much better off if we stayed part of the crown), the Congress tried negotiating with Parliament many times.

If secession was illegal, then we are an illegal nation and belong to Great Britain. Our country was born of secession.

You do realize the constitution didn't exist then right? If another rule comes along that voids the Constitution, that secession could be validated at that time. But as long as this is the USA, that secession was illegal.

Nobodies screaming. Just saying that according to the US Constitution secession was illegal.
Show me where it says it cause thats not what you guys are saying. You are relying on a third party.
If you need some help in reading, I can attach a link to hooked on phonics for you so we can get to the bottom of this.
I say its not in the COTUS. Show me where it says states dont have the right to secession.

UOTE="Scamp, post: 17945138, member: 63644"]Lincoln the Tyrant in my State... Maryland was getting ready to vote[Q for secession.

Yup. Lincoln did a great job stomping racist traitors into the dirt. We need to follow his fine example today.

There was nothing in the Constitution that prevented secession at that time. The 10th Amendment said that anything not specified in the Constitution was left up to the States or the people. You know, States rights. The Confederate states voted to secede.

Forum List

Back