Thought Provoking Sports Question of the Day

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
"If you could trade for any player in the NFL right now for the team you root for, who would it be?"

My team is the Steelers and I wanted them to trade for Carson Wentz with the hope Big Ben was retiring, but alas he is returning for another season. Mason Rudolph is not the answer so now that Carson has been dealt, I'd say Sam Darnold and have Roethlisberger retire or cut him.

"If you could trade for any player in the NFL right now for the team you root for, who would it be?"

My team is the Steelers and I wanted them to trade for Carson Wentz with the hope Big Ben was retiring, but alas he is returning for another season. Mason Rudolph is not the answer so now that Carson has been dealt, I'd say Sam Darnold and have Roethlisberger retire or cut him.
Don't think Wentz is the answer either, too fragile.

I'm a Jets fan and, needless to say, they need help.

I honestly don't know where on the field I would look to bring someone new in. A receiver would be great, but only with a good quarterback. A new quarterback could be great, but only if you've got receivers who can actually catch a football.

Derrick Henry could be a good score from Tennessee. He was the top running back in the NFL last year, if I recall, averaging around 127 yards per game on the ground...

Who watches the NFL anymore?
Question is...what do you watch?
Mostly NCAA.

I had a leg up on the mass exodus from the NFL, however. I used to be a Bungle fan but could not take it anymore around the mid 1990's It happened as I turned on the TV as they were playing at home, and there before me was a huge tarp on the side lines. The announcers tried to ignore it at first, but finally had to admit it was placed there because their own fans were pelting them with bottles and rocks because their team was so abysmal. I then had a coming to Jesus moment and asked myself, "Who does this?" Truly, they had the worst teams in NFL history and own the most dysfunctional franchise in sports history. How dysfunctional do you have to be to be Carson Palmer who refuses to play for you? Think of it, play for a year and make $50 million or sit the bench and make nothing. He chose nothing!

Oh, and the Bungs have gone the longest for not winning a play off game in NFL history. The last play off win was 1990, the year Paul Brown died. When he died, the team died.

Last edited:
Who watches the NFL anymore?
Question is...what do you watch?
Mostly NCAA.

I had a leg up on the mass exodus from the NFL, however. I used to be a Bungle fan but could not take it anymore around the mid 1990's It happened as I turned on the TV as they were playing at home, and there before me was a huge tarp on the side lines. The announcers tried to ignore it at first, but finally had to admit it was placed there because their own fans were pelting them with bottles and rocks because their team was so abysmal. I then had a coming to Jesus moment and asked myself, "Who does this?" Truly, they had the worst teams in NFL history and own the most dysfunctional franchise in sports history. How dysfunctional do you have to be to be Carson Palmer who refuses to play for you? Think of it, play for a year and make $50 million or sit the bench and make nothing. He chose nothing!

Oh, and the Bungs have gone the longest for not winning a play off game in NFL history. The last play off win was 1990, the year Paul Brown died. When he died, the team died.
To be honest, I actually got turned WAY off from not just the NFL this year but most of the other major sports with the exception of MMA (which I just can't turn a blind eye to!) but most because of the impact social issues and COVID has had on sports along with the attitude that exists with pro athletes these days. It's a TOTAL turn off.

With that said, I enjoy posting the question of the day so I have to keep that going!

Forum List

Back