Steelers An Unexpected Forced This Year?

No one and I repeat no one is expecting the Steelers to make much less win a playoff game. No one!!
And until yesterday, the city of Pittsburgh were convinced that team would at least WIN one playoff game! I figure at best they might pull off a 9-8 or maybe a 10-7 season and with luck, not end up at the bottom of the AFC East. Just another typically under-coached, under-prepared Tomlin team.

Ravens will win this division.
Maybe. I think it will be them or maybe Cinci.

Suck? Gee, you are being kind. I thought they proved to be far worse than that! They were playing on their own field and even their equipment people had them fitted with the wrong cleats and they kept slipping, tripping and falling down without even being touched.

Half the fans had left and gone home by the halftime.
There are just some teams you know don’t have it. Pittsburgh won’t be in the discussion all year. Who they playing next?

Bears and Vikings. Vikings are ok but we should beat them and the bears this year. The only question is will Love on Green Bay continue the Brett Favre Aaron Rogers tradition. I hope not. It’s a long season. Can’t wait to see what happens next. I’m right 30-40% of the time.

And until yesterday, the city of Pittsburgh were convinced that team would at least WIN one playoff game! I figure at best they might pull off a 9-8 or maybe a 10-7 season and with luck, not end up at the bottom of the AFC East. Just another typically under-coached, under-prepared Tomlin team.

Cincinnati got squashed yesterday! It’s hard to say where anyone will end up. Did you look at Pittsburgh schedule? Even if i looked at Detroits, I don’t kno how good a lot of those teams are.

Question. Did every team play this weekend? Doesnt feel like every team played this weekend. After tonight’s game has every team played 1 game?

Lions have to play

Seahawks
Falcons
Panthers
Packers Loss
Bucs
Ravens
Raiders
Chargers
Bears. one of these games
Packers
Saints
Bears
Broncos
Vikings
Cowboys Loss
Vikings

Only lose 3, maybe 6. Ten and 6

Cincinnati got squashed yesterday!
Yes, apparently Joe Burrow isn't paid enough yet.

After tonight’s game has every team played 1 game?
I would hope so as Week One is over unless someone plays this Thursday or has a week one bye. Nothing with the NFL surprises me anymore.

I rewatched part of the 49er/Steeler game and I'd say the game was lost on Kenny Pickett. The guy just sucked.

Yes, apparently Joe Burrow isn't paid enough yet.

I would hope so as Week One is over unless someone plays this Thursday or has a week one bye. Nothing with the NFL surprises me anymore.

I rewatched part of the 49er/Steeler game and I'd say the game was lost on Kenny Pickett. The guy just sucked.
So I said worst case Lions would be 10 and 6. I should have said 10-7. I didn't see their last game against Vikings. Right now they are 5-1. Remaining games

Ravens Loss They are 4-2
Raiders Win
Chargers Win
Bears Win
Packers Win
Saints Win
Bears Win
Broncos Win
Vikings Win
Cowboys Win
Vikings Win

15 and 2 could happen

Let's say they lose to the Vikings once, Dallas, Broncos, Saints, Packers, Raiders and Chargers.

That would be 8 losses. That would still put them at 9-8. No way we lose to all those teams. So for sure we make it to 10-7. Aside from a SOL type collapse.

So I said worst case Lions would be 10 and 6. I should have said 10-7. I didn't see their last game against Vikings. Right now they are 5-1. Remaining games

Ravens Loss They are 4-2
Raiders Win
Chargers Win
Bears Win
Packers Win
Saints Win
Bears Win
Broncos Win
Vikings Win
Cowboys Win
Vikings Win

15 and 2 could happen

Let's say they lose to the Vikings once, Dallas, Broncos, Saints, Packers, Raiders and Chargers.

That would be 8 losses. That would still put them at 9-8. No way we lose to all those teams. So for sure we make it to 10-7. Aside from a SOL type collapse.

Lions are the 2nd best team in the NFC currently. If SF's stars get hurt (and no I dont been Purdy) which they have a history of they are better than SF.

Lions are the 2nd best team in the NFC currently. If SF's stars get hurt (and no I dont been Purdy) which they have a history of they are better than SF.
We have a great Defense. The Browns exposed Purdy and his offensive line.

Brock Purdy just had his worst start in the NFL. What did we learn about him?

To be fair, he faced the No. 1 defense -- the Browns. They're historically good. In addition, he played in the rain and the wind, which never is easy on a quarterback. Keep those things in mind when evaluating Purdy's performance.

Still, the loss to the Browns was an excellent diagnostic for Purdy, because things have come so easily to him early in his career. It's like he's not even trying. He has the best roster in the NFL, he almost always has a lead, someone almost always is open for him to throw to and he almost always knows where that open player is. He's good.
Here's what we learned

PURDY STRUGGLES AGAINST TIGHT MAN-TO-MAN COVERAGE.​

He has to stand in the pocket, step up and search for an open receiver as the play progresses. That's not easy. That's when he looks like a seventh-round pick, because he doesn't have the stature to hang tough in the pocket for an extra second or two, nor does he have the arm talent to drive the ball into tight windows, especially when it's windy.

Goff has gone from a stopgap QB to a Pro Bowl player, helping the Lions to a 5-1 start. He has 1,618 yards passing with 11 TDs, 3 interceptions and a 105.1 passer rating in six games. Last season, he had 29 TD passes and only seven picks.

"It's awesome playing with someone like Goff," wideout Jameson Williams said. "He gets it done and makes the right decisions all the time and we (are) just looking to keep going right now."

In Detroit's impressive 20-6 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Goff threw for 353 yards and two TDs with no turnovers against a tough defense that had extra time to prepare for him after a bye.

"Last year we started off 1-6 and now to start off 5-1 is huge for us," wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown said. "We put so much focus into each week and so much preparation and to come out with a victory feels really good. But we know we have bigger goals ahead of us. We want to keep doing what we're doing, we want to get to the playoffs, we want to have home-field advantage for the playoffs. There's so many things that we want to accomplish this year. This is just a start for us. We gotta keep going."

The Lions face another tough challenge on the road this week at Baltimore (4-2). The Ravens have a strong defense so Goff will be tested.

Goff has gone from a stopgap QB to a Pro Bowl player, helping the Lions to a 5-1 start. He has 1,618 yards passing with 11 TDs, 3 interceptions and a 105.1 passer rating in six games. Last season, he had 29 TD passes and only seven picks.

"It's awesome playing with someone like Goff," wideout Jameson Williams said. "He gets it done and makes the right decisions all the time and we (are) just looking to keep going right now."

In Detroit's impressive 20-6 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Goff threw for 353 yards and two TDs with no turnovers against a tough defense that had extra time to prepare for him after a bye.

"Last year we started off 1-6 and now to start off 5-1 is huge for us," wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown said. "We put so much focus into each week and so much preparation and to come out with a victory feels really good. But we know we have bigger goals ahead of us. We want to keep doing what we're doing, we want to get to the playoffs, we want to have home-field advantage for the playoffs. There's so many things that we want to accomplish this year. This is just a start for us. We gotta keep going."

The Lions face another tough challenge on the road this week at Baltimore (4-2). The Ravens have a strong defense so Goff will be tested.
I wish Jared’s parents, the Goffs, would have named him “Jack”

I wish Jared’s parents, the Goffs, would have named him “Jack”
I have the NFL network but I don’t see Thursday games until friday morning. Just saw the saints vs panthers. Saints receiver had a chance to come within two. Go for the 2 point conversion and tie it. But the poor saints dropped an easy wide open pass in the end zone. Poor guy.

Who knows if they would have got the two and who knows if they would have won in overtime. That receiver was kicking himself at the end of the game. So panthers 5 and 2 saints 3 and 4.

I think so. For years with the fading career of Big Ben, the Steelers have been dreadful, his leaving taking far too long, then last year with the unexpected pickup of Kenny Pickett after drafting a new 1st string QB, they looked pitiful and disjointed until the last few games towards the end when something big seemed to be finally coming together. But I had my doubts about how Picket's body would hold up.

The team is 90% new, with just a few senior players left from the Big Ben Era, for the past several years, they have been drafting key talent both offense and defense, over the winter they've added on a lot more, made some excellent and perspicuous pick ups, and it looks now that this season, the team is gelling on both sides of the ball in a big way, and they have real heart in the game finally, for good reason.

The Steelers now look to have an explosive offense with excellent QBing, superb receivers and TEs, a strong O line finally, and a very dominating defense in all registers from the D-line, secondary, to the deep end, and the standards are set very high. Further, both the general coaching and especially the offensive coaching seems to finally be crystallizing to surround a formidable offense utilizing all of the deep with a real deep threat!

PRESEASON:
WEEK ONE
: The Steelers went to Tampa Bay and despite playing mostly their second and third string, fairly owned the Bucs and easily routed them with striking O plays right out of the gate on both sides of the ball, hammering them 27-17.

WEEK TWO, the Steelers just hosted the formidable Bills and Josh Allen. Despite the Bills being a contender for the Super Bowl the last few seasons, they looked like a chew toy in the hands of the Steelers. The Steelers 1st and 2nd string played the Bills 1st and 2nd string and made the Bills look like a deer in the headlights! In less than 5 opening minutes in the first quarter, the Steelers offense scored 14-0 points against them easily, going through them faster than crap through a goose. One of the biggest complaint against the Steelers for many years with Ben was very slow starts that looked unprepared and discombobulated taking the whole game to pull itself together to rally in desperation in the 4rth quarter to keep from losing.

Not any more. Past two weeks, the Steelers have exploded out of the gate.

The Steelers probably should have held the Bills to 27-7 or even 27-0, but for a bad snap late in the 4th quarter by a center who probably will be let go in any account, leading to a fumbled ball recovered by the Bills for short yardage! Otherwise, the Bills were held scoreless until the 4th quarter finally ending with 27-15 and the Steelers had 4 forced interception recoveries among many big plays. It was big Steeler plays one after the other by gulps and leaps from beginning to end for the 2nd week in a row with virtually everyone on the team contributing.

If this keeps up, and with royal talent in many positions now throughout both the O line and D line, the Steelers are going to be a team to watch this year. It looks like all aspects of the team are finally coming together at just the right time in a really big way for awesome and explosive offense and defensive talent able to stand up to ANYONE in the NFL.

You have been warned.

Wait...why didnt you go on to week three of the regular season?:texflag:

I think so. For years with the fading career of Big Ben, the Steelers have been dreadful, his leaving taking far too long, then last year with the unexpected pickup of Kenny Pickett after drafting a new 1st string QB, they looked pitiful and disjointed until the last few games towards the end when something big seemed to be finally coming together. But I had my doubts about how Picket's body would hold up.

The team is 90% new, with just a few senior players left from the Big Ben Era, for the past several years, they have been drafting key talent both offense and defense, over the winter they've added on a lot more, made some excellent and perspicuous pick ups, and it looks now that this season, the team is gelling on both sides of the ball in a big way, and they have real heart in the game finally, for good reason.

The Steelers now look to have an explosive offense with excellent QBing, superb receivers and TEs, a strong O line finally, and a very dominating defense in all registers from the D-line, secondary, to the deep end, and the standards are set very high. Further, both the general coaching and especially the offensive coaching seems to finally be crystallizing to surround a formidable offense utilizing all of the deep with a real deep threat!

PRESEASON:
WEEK ONE
: The Steelers went to Tampa Bay and despite playing mostly their second and third string, fairly owned the Bucs and easily routed them with striking O plays right out of the gate on both sides of the ball, hammering them 27-17.

WEEK TWO, the Steelers just hosted the formidable Bills and Josh Allen. Despite the Bills being a contender for the Super Bowl the last few seasons, they looked like a chew toy in the hands of the Steelers. The Steelers 1st and 2nd string played the Bills 1st and 2nd string and made the Bills look like a deer in the headlights! In less than 5 opening minutes in the first quarter, the Steelers offense scored 14-0 points against them easily, going through them faster than crap through a goose. One of the biggest complaint against the Steelers for many years with Ben was very slow starts that looked unprepared and discombobulated taking the whole game to pull itself together to rally in desperation in the 4rth quarter to keep from losing.

Not any more. Past two weeks, the Steelers have exploded out of the gate.

The Steelers probably should have held the Bills to 27-7 or even 27-0, but for a bad snap late in the 4th quarter by a center who probably will be let go in any account, leading to a fumbled ball recovered by the Bills for short yardage! Otherwise, the Bills were held scoreless until the 4th quarter finally ending with 27-15 and the Steelers had 4 forced interception recoveries among many big plays. It was big Steeler plays one after the other by gulps and leaps from beginning to end for the 2nd week in a row with virtually everyone on the team contributing.

If this keeps up, and with royal talent in many positions now throughout both the O line and D line, the Steelers are going to be a team to watch this year. It looks like all aspects of the team are finally coming together at just the right time in a really big way for awesome and explosive offense and defensive talent able to stand up to ANYONE in the NFL.

You have been warned.

This didnt age well.

This didnt age well.

No, in the regular season, the Steeler Offense has been a disaster. The diametric opposite of what the preseason promised. Defense pretty good, but if they don't do a huge U-turn after the bye with the LA Rams this sunday, the Steeler Offense is likely going to be a complete farce this year, thanks both to Canada the Offensive coordinator and Pickett the totally over-hyped QB. The good news is that they get a few key players back this week that were lost in Week One.

No, in the regular season, the Steeler Offense has been a disaster. The diametric opposite of what the preseason promised. Defense pretty good, but if they don't do a huge U-turn after the bye with the LA Rams this sunday, the Steeler Offense is likely going to be a complete farce this year, thanks both to Canada the Offensive coordinator and Pickett the totally over-hyped QB. The good news is that they get a few key players back this week that were lost in Week One.

The Texans are constantly called a trash team.
And over the last few years I agree.
They put an ass whipping on the Steelers in week three.

The Texans are constantly called a trash team.
And over the last few years I agree.
They put an ass whipping on the Steelers in week three.

Sure Did. Unlike the Steelers, they have not only turn around 180°, but their QB is the find of the decade. They made monkeys out of the Steelers coaches and management.

Forum List

Back