Zone1 Thou shalt not kill.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Suicide. Some say it's wrong because the bible says Thou Shalt Not Kill...and that pertains to suicide because it is killing oneself. But if Thou Shalt Not Kill is not explained in the bible (which it does not concerning suicide) and those that claim suicide is a sin...then couldn't the same pertain to killing animals? Thou Shalt Not Kill. Kill what?

190656642_281607720367219_7587063170984377498_n.jpg

When my perspective food can start talking and shooting back I'll take this issue under advisement.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

My opinion is...suicide is not a sin. If someone is so miserable, mentally fed up, see no other recourse, is depressed to that extent, is in intolerable pain...then ending it all is relief and a blessing to that person. Judgement for that action is up to God alone, not some other flawed human being to pass that judgement with their own opinion because that is exactly what it is. Opinion. The bible is not clear on many things...including this topic.

Quality of life. When that is lacking, we put our pets down. That is mercy killing. If someone is screaming in pain and doctors can only drug them up, that is not quality of life. Dennis no longer wanted to suffer, so he asked for all his tubes to be removed after being sedated, and die quietly and with some dignity left. So did the doctors kill him at his request...or did he comment suicide by asking them to let him go?
When you are done...you are done. Killing animals to eat..is that not killing?

I don't know where I am going with this. Just trying to make sense of something not sensible.

My opinion is...suicide is not a sin. If someone is so miserable, mentally fed up, see no other recourse, is depressed to that extent, is in intolerable pain...then ending it all is relief and a blessing to that person. Judgement for that action is up to God alone, not some other flawed human being to pass that judgement with their own opinion because that is exactly what it is. Opinion. The bible is not clear on many things...including this topic.
th

That could be a problem if you're Jewish, Christian, or Islamic.

*****SMILE*****

Suicide is always the result of a mathematical equation...

When the prospects of the rest of your life are less than the pain and suffering that awaits you in that same life, a choice must be made. Choose to continue, or choose to end it and avoid future pain and suffering.

Some people, don't accurately measure how bad their life has been and is now or can't accurately speculate what their life will be. So, they make a mathematical decision based on inaccurate data.

How is it a problem?

th

If your faith considers suicide a sin then you have a dilemma that you'll have to resolve.

On the other hand if you believe that the commandment actually read "Thou shalt not murder" you still have the same problem with suicide because that could easily be considered a form of murder because its you murdering yourself.

That's why I don't subscribe to Christian or any of the Abrahamic religions.

*****SMILE*****

Suicide. Some say it's wrong because the bible says Thou Shalt Not Kill...and that pertains to suicide because it is killing oneself. But if Thou Shalt Not Kill is not explained in the bible (which it does not concerning suicide) and those that claim suicide is a sin...then couldn't the same pertain to killing animals? Thou Shalt Not Kill. Kill what?

The King James was interpreted to the language that the common person spoke The literal interpretion would be, thou shalt not commit murder The lower english had only the word ,kill

th

If your faith considers suicide a sin then you have a dilemma that you'll have to resolve.

On the other hand if you believe that the commandment actually read "Thou shalt not murder" you still have the same problem with suicide because that could easily be considered a form of murder because its you murdering yourself.

That's why I don't subscribe to Christian or any of the Abrahamic religions.

*****SMILE*****

Yeah. I know.
Every religion in the world believes theirs is the RIGHT religion and everyone elses is wrong. Human nature I guess. "My dad can beat up your dad" syndrome in another venue.

Yeah. I know.
Every religion in the world believes theirs is the RIGHT religion and everyone elses is wrong. Human nature I guess. "My dad can beat up your dad" syndrome in another venue.

th

I'm not trying to convert anyone to my beliefs.

I only pose points that people should meditate on to examine their internal conflicts.

*****SMILE*****

Thou shalt not kill is the Latin mistranslation of the Hebrew "The shall not commit murder". ...

The Hebrew word which is used means also a killing without intention. Murder has always an intention. And it includes also for example a so called "judical murder" what makes it difficult to argue only in categories of "justice" in form of the formal systems which human beings use to administer justice. Laws and justice are able to be totally different things. So "murder" seems not to be a better translation than "kill".

When the prospects of the rest of your life are less than the pain and suffering that awaits you in that same life, a choice must be made.

Why?

Choose to continue,

Someone who continues to suffer choses not to continue to suffer. That's nonsense. Someone who lives and suffers lives and suffers that's all. Just some minutes ago I saw an old grouch who loves it "to suffer".

or choose to end it and avoid future pain and suffering.

It exist today damned good painkillers and what means "suffering" is a very wide spectrum. Buddhists for example often say "to live means to suffer" that's why they try to end the cycle of reincarnations - but not by trying to do suicide.

Some people, don't accurately measure how bad their life has been and is now or can't accurately speculate what their life will be. So, they make a mathematical decision based on inaccurate data.

Good grief. I love mathematics - but an absurde mathematics of the own sufferings not exists - except a mathematician suffers.

The Hebrew word which is used means also a killing without intention. Murder has always an intention. And it includes also for example a so called "judical murder" what makes it difficult to argue only in categories of "justice" in form of the formal systems which human beings use to administer justice. Laws and justice are able to be totally different things. So "murder" seems not to be a better translation than "kill".

In the Upper English of the time and where the interpretion for the kings bible, murder was the proper origin for the time

The upper English use the word Murder from the French word o f meurtre, translation: murder, killing, murdering, homicide, assassination

CodexArgenteus.jpg

What do you like to say to me with this words?

Translation:

Mary walked through a wood of thorn
Kyrie eleison.
Mary walked through a wood of thorn,
Which seven long years no leaf had borne;
Jesus and Mary.

What bore Mary beneath her heart?
Kyrie eleison.
A little child without any smart
Mary bore beneath her heart,
Jesus and Mary.

Then roses sprang from out the thorn;