Zone1 Thou shalt not kill.

Indeed... largely immorally in regards to the Christian faith.

Sorry if its sarcastic, but thank you captain obvious LOL

Lots of those people who decide if others live or die are Christians too.

So it seems your god doesn't really care one way or the other.

Publicly mud slinging in the name of whatever religious bent you may self-identify upon whomever you may view as "other" followed by requesting "they" keep their "ideals" to themselves is obviously contradictory to say the least. And if, at your age and with all your alleged experience, you still think the "ideals" of Jews and Christians somehow manage not to fundamentally impact the rest of us daily you're a moron. As already mentioned, everyone has ethics, not just those "of faith." Why even presume Gracie lacks "faith"?
I'm not sure why you're all up in arms if you go out of your way to promote a stance and attack a differing faith's stance on the topic, people of a faith tell you the morality/reason for that stance, and then you claim as a victim that we are imposing onto you?

You started it. You're the one with the problem.. not us.

Lots of those people who decide if others live or die are Christians too.

So it seems your god doesn't really care one way or the other.
So you're saying sinful Christians = God?

I don't think you're thinking throughout what you're saying much...

Publicly mud slinging in the name of whatever religious bent you may self-identify upon whomever you may view as "other" followed by requesting "they" keep their "ideals" to themselves is obviously contradictory to say the least. And if, at your age and with all your alleged experience, you still think the "ideals" of Jews and Christians somehow manage not to fundamentally impact the rest of us daily you're a moron. As already mentioned, everyone has ethics, not just those "of faith." Why even presume Gracie lacks "faith"?
Because I do not goosestep to HER opinion and have a differing one of my own? Probably.

Moses climbed the mountain, came back with the 10 commandments. And afterwards, as he marched along with his flock...he killed/murdered/destroyed men, women, children, animals...per God's instructions. So excuse me (sorry not sorry) for being bewildered on the whys and wherefores of where Thou Shalt Not Kill comes into play.

Has nothing to do with my opinion, and even less to do with "goosestepping". How do you know my opinion?
I don't. Any more than you do mine. Just asking a question. Your response was its a disgusting thread. Answer the question. How is it disgusting?

I have to go to the dentist. He's gonna kill a tooth I think. I'll be back in a bit to rejoin my disgusting thread.

Y'all carry on.

Suicide. Some say it's wrong because the bible says Thou Shalt Not Kill...and that pertains to suicide because it is killing oneself. But if Thou Shalt Not Kill is not explained in the bible (which it does not concerning suicide) and those that claim suicide is a sin...then couldn't the same pertain to killing animals? Thou Shalt Not Kill. Kill what?

I know Catholic teaching is that suicide is a sin and can send someone to a certain place, but isn't hell, but somewhere else,where a person cannot be reached by their family when their family dies.

Wishing you a successful procedure and an easy healing.
Thank you. Now answer the question please. HOW IS THIS THREAD DISGUSTING?
Do I find killing "pleasant" by asking a simple or not so simple question? Or is that the problem? You can't answer it yourself, therefore you ASSUME the worst of me.

Now...again...HOW IS THIS THREAD DISGUSTING?

I know Catholic teaching is that suicide is a sin and can send someone to a certain place, but isn't hell, but somewhere else,where a person cannot be reached by their family when their family dies.
Catholic. What do Baptists say? Pentecostal? Buddhism? 7th Day Adventists?
See my point? Opinions. Nothing but opinions. But in response to your post...I think it's called absence from God. Neither there, nor here, nor hell. Just...dead. Absent. Not in His Presence. Not with Him.

Has nothing to do with my opinion, and even less to do with "goosestepping". How do you know my opinion?
Um, yes it does or you wouldn't have ASSumed I find pleasure in killing. Or did you word that wrong? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt once you answer WHY this thread is "disgusting" to you and not someone trying to understand a commandment.

My opinion is...suicide is not a sin. If someone is so miserable, mentally fed up, see no other recourse, is depressed to that extent, is in intolerable pain...then ending it all is relief and a blessing to that person. Judgement for that action is up to God alone, not some other flawed human being to pass that judgement with their own opinion because that is exactly what it is. Opinion. The bible is not clear on many things...including this topic.
Suicide is a tragedy….not a sin.

Maybe "hell" is not torture, pain for eternity. Maybe hell is ABSENCE from loved ones, and absent from God Himself.
Personally, I cannot see a loving God, which I believe in, wanting to torture any of his children..which we all are. But giving us a permanent time-out? Maybe. Then again, I am not God. But whenever He decides to call me..or I go uninvited, I'll ask Him.;)

I'll ask again. Did Dennis commit suicide by asking to be removed from life support? And did the doctors murder him by obliging? I have no doubt he is with God right now..but for the sake of this discussion...it's a hairy question not easily answered.

AND...there is not one fucking thing disgusting about this discussion except those who are too cowardly to TRY to give an answer whether I agree with that answer or not..its an answer to which that person is entitled..same as I am entitled to mine.
OR...just flat out and say "I have no idea". That's ok too, but leave the presumptions and digs OUT. Thanks in advance.

Forum List

Back