Zone1 Thou shalt not kill.

therefore you ASSUME the worst of me.
I make no assumptions of you one way or the other. I gave you my opinion of the thread topic. End of story. Think of it in terms of what some people find disgusting and others don't--says nothing about the person. Some people prefer to leave the toilet seat up; others find it disgusting. Some people think a cat or cat paws on a kitchen counter is cute. Others find it disgusting. Shrug.

Really! News to me. Never crossed my mind. What is eating you anyway that you didn't expect anyone to take exception?
What is eating you to be so insulting? If you don't like the subject matter, why involve yourself?

Really! News to me. Never crossed my mind.

Really! You asked. I answered.

Shrug

How is it "disgusting"? Elaborate.
Do you find the subject of killing to be pleasant?

I make no assumptions of you one way or the other. I gave you my opinion of the thread topic. End of story. Think of it in terms of what some people find disgusting and others don't--says nothing about the person. Some people prefer to leave the toilet seat up; others find it disgusting. Some people think a cat or cat paws on a kitchen counter is cute. Others find it disgusting. Shrug.
And others like butting in to topics they find disgusting just to show disgust instead of LEAVING since it is so disgusting.

Suicide. Some say it's wrong because the bible says Thou Shalt Not Kill...and that pertains to suicide because it is killing oneself. But if Thou Shalt Not Kill is not explained in the bible (which it does not concerning suicide) and those that claim suicide is a sin...then couldn't the same pertain to killing animals? Thou Shalt Not Kill. Kill what?
Jesus correctly cited this verse as "you shall do no MURDER"

But originally, God never intended you to wantonly kill His creation. He loves them too. It is barbaric to take any innocent life.

That's up to God to decide. I understand it, so I don't judge, but in the end, God will and you don't have any say
You already judged with a thumbs down icon.
We all have our own interpretation of what KILL and MURDER means. And yes, it is for God to judge. But being an imperfect child of God, I thought I'd ask for other opinions.

You already judged with a thumbs down icon.
We all have our own interpretation of what KILL and MURDER means. And yes, it is for God to judge. But being an imperfect child of God, I thought I'd ask for other opinions.
Here's an opinion.

God gave life. If you STEAL any life outside of the specific conditions HE authorized, it is a sin.

Christ said, if you even hate your neighbor in your heart, it is the SAME AS MURDER.

There is no need for "opinion" when you can know facts. Of course you can accept what the Lord said, or reject it for things you'd like to hear.

There is no need for "opinion" when you can know facts. Of course you can accept what the Lord said, or reject it for things you'd like to hear.
Facts? Per someone else's words they THINK He meant? I have a hard time with that. Just as I have a hard time believing news nowadays stating "facts", the CDC stating "facts", people in prison serving life sentences for crimes they did not commit according to "facts", etc etc etc.

I had/have my reasons for asking these questions. Does it "tickle my ear" (reject things I'd rather not hear is called that...at least, Dennis called it that). I will not go into detail about my reasonings. Suffice it to say...I got some answers. Some not very fun to muse on, some important to muse on.

I watched a movie yesterday. Called Father Stu on I believe Netflix. Made me rethink things. Good flick even though it was catholic in nature, which I am not. Still...the message suffices for all regardless of which faith one follows.

Suicide. Some say it's wrong because the bible says Thou Shalt Not Kill...and that pertains to suicide because it is killing oneself. But if Thou Shalt Not Kill is not explained in the bible (which it does not concerning suicide) and those that claim suicide is a sin...then couldn't the same pertain to killing animals? Thou Shalt Not Kill. Kill what?

Wrong and incorrect thread heading -

Humans have a much greater value than animals. And since in the OT animal sacrifices were used, it is speaking of human beings. We are created one human family, the division is caused by mortal govts, false religions, and boundaries of countries. Under the true living God we are all one human family. Jesus' one true religion= a worldwide brotherhood, unified in love, peace and unity of thought. They would never kill each other for govts, false religions or boundaries.

Jesus' one true religion= a worldwide brotherhood, unified in love, peace and unity of thought. They would never kill each other for govts, false religions or boundaries.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-05-at-12.45.24-PM.png

Forum List

Back