Thomas Sowell quotes. Let's watch how this drives the racists on the left crazy.

Where is his quote saying what you claim?

Then tell us how that is "self loathing", Racist.

Where is his quote saying what you claim?

Then tell us how that is "self loathing", Racist.

I didn't ask for a link to a messageboard of racist libtards.

Bring a quote.

I read "Intellectuals and Society". Sowell is brilliant and clear thinking. He is a definite burr under the saddle of academics and politicians who have been trying to trying to tilt the pinball machine of random natural outcomes because his brilliance has a black face.

I took a look at the discussion at JoeB131's link.

The sum of the whole discussion, and of each individual post, can be reduced to “Any black man who deviates from the LIbtARd ideology is a ‘sell-out’.

Or, in other words, in more offensive, racist terms, an “Uncle Tom”.

I have no idea what JoeB131 thought he was proving with that link, but what he did, in fact, prove very well with it, is what I've been saying all along—Even though slavery has been outlawed for more than a century, in this country, those on the left wrong still think that they own black people, or at least their votes and political support; and to them, a conservative black person is the modern equivalent of a runaway slave.

Last edited:

I took a look at the discussion at JoeB131's link.

The sum of the whole discussion, and of each individual post, can be reduced to “Any black man who deviates from the LIbtARd ideology is a ‘sell-out’.

Or, in other words, in more offensive, racist terms, an “Uncle Tom”.

I have no idea what JoeB131 thought he was proving with that link, but what he did, in fact, prove very well with it, is what I've been saying all along. Even though slavery has been outlawed for more than a century, in this country, those on the left wrong still think that they own black people, or at least their votes and political support; and to them, a conservative black person is the modern equivalent of a runaway slave.
And JoeB cheers that slavery.

I have no idea what @JoeB131 thought he was proving with that link, but what he did, in fact, prove very well with it, is what I've been saying all along—Even though slavery has been outlawed for more than a century, in this country, those on the left wrong still think that they own black people, or at least their votes and political support; and to them, a conservative black person is the modern equivalent of a runaway slave.

Again, Bob, you're the one who belongs to a cult that holds that dark skin was a curse from God and tried to bring Utah into the Union as a slave state.

The problem with Uncle Toms like Sowell, Clarance Thomas, Candace Owens, Ben Carson is that they have largely benefited from the Affirmative Action and Liberal Policies they now denounce.

They have become true Republicans, in that they hold to the motto, "I've Got Mine, Fuck You".

Who is Thomas Sowell? Glad you asked.

Sowell worked a civil service job in Washington, DC, and attended night classes at Howard University, a historically black college. His high scores on the College Board exams and recommendations by two professors helped him gain admission to Harvard University, where he graduated magna cum laude in 1958 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics.He earned a Master's degree from Columbia University the following year.

Sowell received a Doctor of Philosophy degree in economics from the University of Chicago in 1968. His dissertation was titled "Say's Law and the General Glut Controversy".Sowell had initially chosen Columbia University to study under George Stigler, who would later receive the Nobel Prize in Economics. When he learned that Stigler had moved to the University of Chicago, he followed him there.

------

I doubt liberals could read that or care. He grew up from 10 to his teens in Harlem....

Here are his quotes:

Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

The welfare state is not really about the welfare of the masses. It is about the egos of the elites.

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

One of the consequences of such notions as ‘entitlements’ is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.

----------

Now let's watch the left call him Uncle Tom like the racist pieces of shit they all are.

Now I know why Sewell is so wrong on every level. He was educated by the Chicago School of Economics. Radical right wing economics coming out the Chicago School of Economics basically destroyed the economies of several South American nations throughout the 70's and 80's, and the continent is still recovering from "free market" reforms forced on them by the Washington based IMF and World Bank which saw worker wages stagnate, prices rise, the rich got much richer, the poor starved, and middle class struggled. Sound familiar?

The Chicago School of Economics has been a hotbed for radical right wing free market theories. Milton Friedmnan came out of the same school and won the Nobel Prize in economics in 1976 for his free market theories. By the year 2000, his ideas had been utterly discredited and dismisses, except by American Republicans.

No wonder you fools quote Sewell all of the time. The entire Chicago School of Economics has been discredited and the revolutionary idea that the free market should be the only arbiter of wages and prices has shown to lead to extreme poverty and a permanent underclass of extreme poverty. Ronald Reagan, even with his early stage Alzheimer's, admitted that "trickle down" didn't work and tried hard to correct his earlier mistakes at the end of his Administration, but Republicans have continued to cut and spend, and crash the economy ever since.
Trickle Down economics doesn't exist, Dragonlady! It's a term invented by the left to explain something they've never understood...Economics!

Seems economists don't understand it either then as that was the explanation for the Q.E. programs.

Sowell worked a civil service job in Washington, DC, and attended night classes at Howard University, a historically black college. His high scores on the College Board exams and recommendations by two professors helped him gain admission to Harvard University, where he graduated magna cum laude in 1958 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics.He earned a Master's degree from Columbia University the following year.

Sowell received a Doctor of Philosophy degree in economics from the University of Chicago in 1968. His dissertation was titled "Say's Law and the General Glut Controversy".Sowell had initially chosen Columbia University to study under George Stigler, who would later receive the Nobel Prize in Economics. When he learned that Stigler had moved to the University of Chicago, he followed him there.

------

I doubt liberals could read that or care. He grew up from 10 to his teens in Harlem....

Here are his quotes:

Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

The welfare state is not really about the welfare of the masses. It is about the egos of the elites.

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

One of the consequences of such notions as ‘entitlements’ is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.

----------

Now let's watch the left call him Uncle Tom like the racist pieces of shit they all are.
Sowell is an ass.

------

Here are his quotes:

----------

Now I know why Sewell is so wrong on every level. He was educated by the Chicago School of Economics. Radical right wing economics coming out the Chicago School of Economics basically destroyed the economies of several South American nations throughout the 70's and 80's, and the continent is still recovering from "free market" reforms forced on them by the Washington based IMF and World Bank which saw worker wages stagnate, prices rise, the rich got much richer, the poor starved, and middle class struggled. Sound familiar?

The Chicago School of Economics has been a hotbed for radical right wing free market theories. Milton Friedmnan came out of the same school and won the Nobel Prize in economics in 1976 for his free market theories. By the year 2000, his ideas had been utterly discredited and dismisses, except by American Republicans.

No wonder you fools quote Sewell all of the time. The entire Chicago School of Economics has been discredited and the revolutionary idea that the free market should be the only arbiter of wages and prices has shown to lead to extreme poverty and a permanent underclass of extreme poverty. Ronald Reagan, even with his early stage Alzheimer's, admitted that "trickle down" didn't work and tried hard to correct his earlier mistakes at the end of his Administration, but Republicans have continued to cut and spend, and crash the economy ever since.
Trickle Down economics doesn't exist, Dragonlady! It's a term invented by the left to explain something they've never understood...Economics!

Seems economists don't understand it either then as that was the explanation for the Q.E. programs.
No it was not! Trickle Down Economics isn't used as an explanation of ANYTHING by real economists! They know that it doesn't exist...as does every person who's ever run a business!

You keep trying to paint me as a racist, based on distortions and outright lies about my religion, and yet it is obvious to all which one of the two of us routinely expresses racist opinions, and which one does not.

Uh, yeah, you are careful to use all the code words now, you are very clever - NOT!!!

But the reality is, Mormonism has a rich history of Racism. I'm sure your church elders hide it along with the proof of the pedophilia of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.

Like other religious groups, Mormons have a complicated history around race. Until a few decades ago, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints taught that they “shall be a white and a delightsome people,” a phrase taken from the Book of Mormon. Until the 1970s, the LDS Church also restricted black members’ participation in important rituals and prohibited black men from becoming priests, despite evidence that they had participated more fully in the earliest years of the Church.*

If I'm really anywhere near as much a racist as you unabashedly are, then you ought to be able to find something I've posted, on this forum,

Guy, I don't have time to go through your hateful ramblings, but when you've expressed the desire the MURDER undocumented immigrants, your racism shines loud and clear. And again, YOU BELONG TO A RACIST CULT.

That's been pretty much the whole of your participant in this thread, to express the opinion that because he is black, Mr. Sowell should believe what black people are supposed to believe, different from what you'd consider acceptable for him to believe if he was white.

Naw, I just point out the HYPOCRISY of Thomas Sowell and all the other right wing Uncle Toms.

The ONLY reason why he had a column was because of Affirmative Action policies. Now, maybe on some level, it's a bit of self-loathing, that he knows he was an AA hire, but he likes to believe he would have made it on his own merits, which is why he hates such programs.

Same with Ben Carson. This is a guy who thinks that the Pyarmids were Grain Silos described in the bible... But affirmative action got him a chance to be a Doctor... and man, he hates it.

View attachment 374111
The reason that Thomas Sowell has a column is that he's a brilliant economist, you buffoon! It has nothing to do with Affirmative Action! You always show your true colors in strings like this one...anyone who's black that doesn't toe the liberal line is IMMEDIATLY labeled an Uncle Tom by you and people like you! Anyone who's black and successful is a sell out!

For decades only those who actually used oil invested in oil. We opened it to speculators and hedge funds. It was once very stable.

When was it stable? When was it "opened to speculators"?

It was stable for decades. I was listening to an old radio program from the 70's where the oil companies felt a need to explain and defend a penny raise in prices.
You know nothing about the history of the oil business.

They would never elect him if he ran for president.
The republican base would vote for him

Didya realize that written 8 months BEFORE THE ELECTION in 2016? He wasn't even nominated yet.. Still slaying the other 8 Repubs one by one in Debates...

Go find a T. Sowell comment on him NOW... Betcha it aint so sketchy..

That sounds like the cue for JoeB131. Using such racist terms as “Uncle Tom” to attack conservatives blacks who dare to flee the LIbEral plantation is pretty much his shtick.

See now?? THIS IS WHY we changed policies to writing clean titles and OPs... Here the bait is taken and we're off...

For decades only those who actually used oil invested in oil. We opened it to speculators and hedge funds. It was once very stable.

It was stable for decades. I was listening to an old radio program from the 70's where the oil companies felt a need to explain and defend a penny raise in prices.

And again, you try and make it about me as opposed to addressing what I said or showing where I was wrong. (I wasn't)

------

Here are his quotes:

----------

No it was not! Trickle Down Economics isn't used as an explanation of ANYTHING by real economists! They know that it doesn't exist...as does every person who's ever run a business!

Ben Bernanke: Fed Is Looking For 'Sustained Improvement' Of Economy

------

Here are his quotes:

----------

Ben Bernanke: Fed Is Looking For 'Sustained Improvement' Of Economy
Seriously? That was your example of an economist using Trickle Down Economics to explain something? Did you even read the article? IT WAS A REPORTER THAT USED THE TERM...NOT BEN BERNAKE!!!

Thomas Sowell wouldn't use the term...neither would Ben Bernanke...or any other REAL economist! Once again...it's a term used by liberals who don't understand economics!

And again, you try and make it about me as opposed to addressing what I said or showing where I was wrong. (I wasn't)
You posted pure ignorance. This is your idea of "stable:"

large_yY6VuQKeiRu4Y7YZI-ULhT6Hnw-ZnfV0Waj1Mu13p6Q.png

Forum List

Back