Thomas Sowell quotes. Let's watch how this drives the racists on the left crazy.

Who is Thomas Sowell? Glad you asked.

Sowell worked a civil service job in Washington, DC, and attended night classes at Howard University, a historically black college. His high scores on the College Board exams and recommendations by two professors helped him gain admission to Harvard University, where he graduated magna cum laude in 1958 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics.He earned a Master's degree from Columbia University the following year.

Sowell received a Doctor of Philosophy degree in economics from the University of Chicago in 1968. His dissertation was titled "Say's Law and the General Glut Controversy".Sowell had initially chosen Columbia University to study under George Stigler, who would later receive the Nobel Prize in Economics. When he learned that Stigler had moved to the University of Chicago, he followed him there.

------

I doubt liberals could read that or care. He grew up from 10 to his teens in Harlem....

Here are his quotes:

Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

The welfare state is not really about the welfare of the masses. It is about the egos of the elites.

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

One of the consequences of such notions as ‘entitlements’ is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.

----------

Now let's watch the left call him Uncle Tom like the racist pieces of shit they all are.

Now I know why Sewell is so wrong on every level. He was educated by the Chicago School of Economics. Radical right wing economics coming out the Chicago School of Economics basically destroyed the economies of several South American nations throughout the 70's and 80's, and the continent is still recovering from "free market" reforms forced on them by the Washington based IMF and World Bank which saw worker wages stagnate, prices rise, the rich got much richer, the poor starved, and middle class struggled. Sound familiar?

The Chicago School of Economics has been a hotbed for radical right wing free market theories. Milton Friedmnan came out of the same school and won the Nobel Prize in economics in 1976 for his free market theories. By the year 2000, his ideas had been utterly discredited and dismisses, except by American Republicans.

No wonder you fools quote Sewell all of the time. The entire Chicago School of Economics has been discredited and the revolutionary idea that the free market should be the only arbiter of wages and prices has shown to lead to extreme poverty and a permanent underclass of extreme poverty. Ronald Reagan, even with his early stage Alzheimer's, admitted that "trickle down" didn't work and tried hard to correct his earlier mistakes at the end of his Administration, but Republicans have continued to cut and spend, and crash the economy ever since.
Trickle Down economics doesn't exist, Dragonlady! It's a term invented by the left to explain something they've never understood...Economics!

Seems economists don't understand it either then as that was the explanation for the Q.E. programs.
No it was not! Trickle Down Economics isn't used as an explanation of ANYTHING by real economists! They know that it doesn't exist...as does every person who's ever run a business!

Ben Bernanke: Fed Is Looking For 'Sustained Improvement' Of Economy
Seriously? That was your example of an economist using Trickle Down Economics to explain something? Did you even read the article? IT WAS A REPORTER THAT USED THE TERM...NOT BEN BERNAKE!!!

Sowell worked a civil service job in Washington, DC, and attended night classes at Howard University, a historically black college. His high scores on the College Board exams and recommendations by two professors helped him gain admission to Harvard University, where he graduated magna cum laude in 1958 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics.He earned a Master's degree from Columbia University the following year.

Sowell received a Doctor of Philosophy degree in economics from the University of Chicago in 1968. His dissertation was titled "Say's Law and the General Glut Controversy".Sowell had initially chosen Columbia University to study under George Stigler, who would later receive the Nobel Prize in Economics. When he learned that Stigler had moved to the University of Chicago, he followed him there.

------

I doubt liberals could read that or care. He grew up from 10 to his teens in Harlem....

Here are his quotes:

Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

The welfare state is not really about the welfare of the masses. It is about the egos of the elites.

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

One of the consequences of such notions as ‘entitlements’ is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.

----------

Now let's watch the left call him Uncle Tom like the racist pieces of shit they all are.

Now I know why Sewell is so wrong on every level. He was educated by the Chicago School of Economics. Radical right wing economics coming out the Chicago School of Economics basically destroyed the economies of several South American nations throughout the 70's and 80's, and the continent is still recovering from "free market" reforms forced on them by the Washington based IMF and World Bank which saw worker wages stagnate, prices rise, the rich got much richer, the poor starved, and middle class struggled. Sound familiar?

The Chicago School of Economics has been a hotbed for radical right wing free market theories. Milton Friedmnan came out of the same school and won the Nobel Prize in economics in 1976 for his free market theories. By the year 2000, his ideas had been utterly discredited and dismisses, except by American Republicans.

No wonder you fools quote Sewell all of the time. The entire Chicago School of Economics has been discredited and the revolutionary idea that the free market should be the only arbiter of wages and prices has shown to lead to extreme poverty and a permanent underclass of extreme poverty. Ronald Reagan, even with his early stage Alzheimer's, admitted that "trickle down" didn't work and tried hard to correct his earlier mistakes at the end of his Administration, but Republicans have continued to cut and spend, and crash the economy ever since.
Trickle Down economics doesn't exist, Dragonlady! It's a term invented by the left to explain something they've never understood...Economics!

Seems economists don't understand it either then as that was the explanation for the Q.E. programs.
No it was not! Trickle Down Economics isn't used as an explanation of ANYTHING by real economists! They know that it doesn't exist...as does every person who's ever run a business!

Seriously? That was your example of an economist using Trickle Down Economics to explain something? Did you even read the article? IT WAS A REPORTER THAT USED THE TERM...NOT BEN BERNAKE!!!

Thomas Sowell wouldn't use the term...neither would Ben Bernanke...or any other REAL economist! Once again...it's a term used by liberals who don't understand economics!

Bernanke did not counter him.

For decades only those who actually used oil invested in oil. We opened it to speculators and hedge funds. It was once very stable.

When was it stable? When was it "opened to speculators"?

It was stable for decades. I was listening to an old radio program from the 70's where the oil companies felt a need to explain and defend a penny raise in prices.
You know nothing about the history of the oil business.

And again, you try and make it about me as opposed to addressing what I said or showing where I was wrong. (I wasn't)
You posted pure ignorance. This is your idea of "stable:"

large_yY6VuQKeiRu4Y7YZI-ULhT6Hnw-ZnfV0Waj1Mu13p6Q.png

The graph shows it quite stable for nearly 100 years.

------

Here are his quotes:

----------

Thomas Sowell wouldn't use the term...neither would Ben Bernanke...or any other REAL economist! Once again...it's a term used by liberals who don't understand economics!

Bernanke did not counter him.

Bernanke most likely thought the reporter was such a moron that it was a waste of time explaining something to do with economics to him! You know...kind of how I feel about you at the moment? :)

For decades only those who actually used oil invested in oil. We opened it to speculators and hedge funds. It was once very stable.

It was stable for decades. I was listening to an old radio program from the 70's where the oil companies felt a need to explain and defend a penny raise in prices.

And again, you try and make it about me as opposed to addressing what I said or showing where I was wrong. (I wasn't)

Which 100 years?

------

Here are his quotes:

----------

Mod Note: Thread has been open for 3.5 days.. This should have been caught before -- but lines like the following are NOT welcome in OPosts anymore.., Theowl32 Closing to moderate. Will remove before thread re-opens..

Inflammatory last line now removed..
What racists on the left? They're all on the right.

Already laws in place to prevent them from working.. Why are they not enforced? Partisan politics.. How about we get back to Thomas Sowell?
I would call it bi-partisan politics since elected rodents in both major parties are in the pocket of the Chamber of Commerce

------

Here are his quotes:

----------

Mod Note: Thread has been open for 3.5 days.. This should have been caught before -- but lines like the following are NOT welcome in OPosts anymore.., Theowl32 Closing to moderate. Will remove before thread re-opens..

Inflammatory last line now removed..
What racists on the left? They're all on the right.

Not the ones that hate people of color for thinking outside the party they were assigned.. That's racism as well.. Attempting to WHIP THEM into compliance because of the color of their skin..

Wouldn't expect you to realize that...

Which 100 years?

I'm fairly sure you can read the graph.

It shows no such thing.

Which 100 years?

Yes he can. That's why he's asking. You're obviously afraid to say which 100 years because you know everyone in this forum will laugh.

It shows no such thing.

Thank you for demonstrating your inability to read or understand the charts and graphs we post. It certainly explains why you calls anyone who posts facts and figures a “moron” or a “liar”.

Which 100 years?

I just can't see the 100 years of stability you claimed existed before oil futures were created.
Backing away from your claim already?

Which 100 years?

I just can't see the 100 years of stability you claimed existed before oil futures were created.

You can certainly see how unstable it's been since they were created.

------

Here are his quotes:

----------

I know you didn't just ASSume that YOU have any standard to denigrate the intelligence, education, and insight of Dr. Thomas Sowell. Exactly what is it about being a useless Internet troll who lives to demand that other countries change to suit you that makes you feel superior to anyone about anything, let alone intellectually superior to Dr. Sowell?

No wonder every word out of your mouth is laughable. Your totally undeserved ego has poisoned what little brain Nature gave you and you wasted.

Then consider how the BS spread so easily, which is laziness, entitlements,, 24 hour news and the internet.

Which 100 years?

You can certainly see how unstable it's been since they were created.

When do you think they were created?

------

Here are his quotes:

----------

COMPLETE post FAIL. Better luck next time.

What can you expect from a complete humanity fail like LizardBitch?

Forum List

Back