Thomas Sowell quotes. Let's watch how this drives the racists on the left crazy.

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

This has been true of our government, politicians and bureaucrats, for a long time. W’s lying us into a war that caused thousands of deaths, is certainly a good example. O’s campaigning on helping the poor and MC but then doing all he could to enrich the wealthy, is also a good example...To say nothing of his multiple failed wars.

Both men face no consequences, yet both are criminals of the highest order.

They would never elect him if he ran for president.
The republican base would vote for him
That was from May 6, 2016

Do you have any current quotes where Sowell still says that?
Do you have any quotes that Sowell praises Trump in the last four years?

Just because you like some of this guy's quotes does not mean he would approve of the American right as it stands today. We've already seen what they think of black men who went to Harvard.

Look at the abject racist, foolishly trying to project his racism on those of us who clearly do not share in it.

Projector.gif

Thoughts on the Trump trade war?

Oh my gosh, an utter disaster. I happen to believe that the Smoot-Hawley tariffs had more to do with setting off the Great Depression of the 1930s than the stock market crash. Unemployment never reached double digits in any of the 12 months that followed the crash of October 1929, but it hit double digits within six months of passage of Smoot-Hawley, and stayed there for a decade.

A man in his 60s, who is still acting like a spoiled adolescent, is not going to grow up in the next four years. We got here by electing a president on the basis of glib words and boastful promises. We cannot afford to repeat that mistake.

Who is Thomas Sowell? Glad you asked.

Sowell worked a civil service job in Washington, DC, and attended night classes at Howard University, a historically black college. His high scores on the College Board exams and recommendations by two professors helped him gain admission to Harvard University, where he graduated magna cum laude in 1958 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics.He earned a Master's degree from Columbia University the following year.

Sowell received a Doctor of Philosophy degree in economics from the University of Chicago in 1968. His dissertation was titled "Say's Law and the General Glut Controversy".Sowell had initially chosen Columbia University to study under George Stigler, who would later receive the Nobel Prize in Economics. When he learned that Stigler had moved to the University of Chicago, he followed him there.

------

I doubt liberals could read that or care. He grew up from 10 to his teens in Harlem....

Here are his quotes:

Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

The welfare state is not really about the welfare of the masses. It is about the egos of the elites.

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

One of the consequences of such notions as ‘entitlements’ is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.

----------

Now let's watch the left call him Uncle Tom like the racist pieces of shit they all are.
Trump just did an executive order giving out huge amounts of welfare....

They would never elect him if he ran for president.
The republican base would vote for him
See, the problem with this whole thread, is that is doesn't understand him. The left thinks he is a typical Republican, and GOP'ers think that he would go anywhere in their world.

There is a reason he was never invited on to your TEE VEE.

Same reason you rarely heard from Ron Paul.

He would have about as much chance of getting the nomination as Paul ever had. Honest non-corrupt folks don't get that far.

Just because you like some of this guy's quotes does not mean he would approve of the American right as it stands today. We've already seen what they think of black men who went to Harvard.

Look at the abject racist, foolishly trying to project his racism on those of us who clearly do not share in it.

View attachment 372991
It's pretty hilarious when white supremacists try to accuse people of racism.

Sowell worked a civil service job in Washington, DC, and attended night classes at Howard University, a historically black college. His high scores on the College Board exams and recommendations by two professors helped him gain admission to Harvard University, where he graduated magna cum laude in 1958 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics.He earned a Master's degree from Columbia University the following year.

Sowell received a Doctor of Philosophy degree in economics from the University of Chicago in 1968. His dissertation was titled "Say's Law and the General Glut Controversy".Sowell had initially chosen Columbia University to study under George Stigler, who would later receive the Nobel Prize in Economics. When he learned that Stigler had moved to the University of Chicago, he followed him there.

------

I doubt liberals could read that or care. He grew up from 10 to his teens in Harlem....

Here are his quotes:

Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

The welfare state is not really about the welfare of the masses. It is about the egos of the elites.

One of the consequences of such notions as ‘entitlements’ is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.

----------

Now let's watch the left call him Uncle Tom like the racist pieces of shit they all are.

Now I know why Sewell is so wrong on every level. He was educated by the Chicago School of Economics. Radical right wing economics coming out the Chicago School of Economics basically destroyed the economies of several South American nations throughout the 70's and 80's, and the continent is still recovering from "free market" reforms forced on them by the Washington based IMF and World Bank which saw worker wages stagnate, prices rise, the rich got much richer, the poor starved, and middle class struggled. Sound familiar?

The Chicago School of Economics has been a hotbed for radical right wing free market theories. Milton Friedmnan came out of the same school and won the Nobel Prize in economics in 1976 for his free market theories. By the year 2000, his ideas had been utterly discredited and dismisses, except by American Republicans.

No wonder you fools quote Sewell all of the time. The entire Chicago School of Economics has been discredited and the revolutionary idea that the free market should be the only arbiter of wages and prices has shown to lead to extreme poverty and a permanent underclass of extreme poverty. Ronald Reagan, even with his early stage Alzheimer's, admitted that "trickle down" didn't work and tried hard to correct his earlier mistakes at the end of his Administration, but Republicans have continued to cut and spend, and crash the economy ever since.

Radical right wing economics coming out the Chicago School of Economics basically destroyed the economies of several South American nations throughout the 70's and 80's,

Exactly!!

That's why Argentina and Venezuela have done so much better economically than Chile. DURR

The entire Chicago School of Economics has been discredited

You're so full of shit you could fertilize all of Canada's crop land.

------

Here are his quotes:

----------

Now I know why Sewell is so wrong on every level. He was educated by the Chicago School of Economics. Radical right wing economics coming out the Chicago School of Economics basically destroyed the economies of several South American nations throughout the 70's and 80's, and the continent is still recovering from "free market" reforms forced on them by the Washington based IMF and World Bank which saw worker wages stagnate, prices rise, the rich got much richer, the poor starved, and middle class struggled. Sound familiar?

The Chicago School of Economics has been a hotbed for radical right wing free market theories. Milton Friedmnan came out of the same school and won the Nobel Prize in economics in 1976 for his free market theories. By the year 2000, his ideas had been utterly discredited and dismisses, except by American Republicans.

No wonder you fools quote Sewell all of the time. The entire Chicago School of Economics has been discredited and the revolutionary idea that the free market should be the only arbiter of wages and prices has shown to lead to extreme poverty and a permanent underclass of extreme poverty. Ronald Reagan, even with his early stage Alzheimer's, admitted that "trickle down" didn't work and tried hard to correct his earlier mistakes at the end of his Administration, but Republicans have continued to cut and spend, and crash the economy ever since.

Radical right wing economics coming out the Chicago School of Economics basically destroyed the economies of several South American nations throughout the 70's and 80's,

Exactly!!

That's why Argentina and Venezuela have done so much better economically than Chile. DURR

The entire Chicago School of Economics has been discredited

You're so full of shit you could fertilize all of Canada's crop land.
I'm not sure the policy of the Chicago School of Economics were ever properly tried.

I don't see how someone can defend the Chicago School of Economics and still be a trumper? Trump trade policy is the exact opposite.... Trump has been the king of giant bailouts....

Trump trade policy is the exact opposite.... Trump has been the king of giant bailouts....

Sounds awful! I guess you won't be voting for him.
So you don't believe in the policy of the Chicago School of Economics then? You seem really confused....

I'm not confused at all.

Will you be voting for Trump, because giant bailouts are cool?
Ok well you are clearly a trumper and he clearly doesn't follow the policy of the Chicago School of Economics. So you can't have both. Your responses are very dodgy....

Trump trade policy is the exact opposite.... Trump has been the king of giant bailouts....

So you don't believe in the policy of the Chicago School of Economics then? You seem really confused....

I'm not confused at all.

Ok well you are clearly a trumper and he clearly doesn't follow the policy of the Chicago School of Economics. So you can't have both. Your responses are very dodgy....

Your responses are very dodgy....

Brain whined.....as he runs away.

I'm not confused at all.

Your responses are very dodgy....

Brain whined.....as he runs away.
So you won't actually answer a question. You want to pretend you can be for trump while defending the Chicago School of Economics? That is funny stuff. Your dodge is noted.

Forum List

Back