RIP Mike Pinder

Sad news. I thought Justin Hayward was still alive (He is) but he wasn't an original member.

I was a young teenager just out of puberty, I was introduced to In Search of the Lost Chord, by a Vista Volunteer assigned to tutor a family member. To this day I still remember my reactions and my mind exploding open.

I was a young teenager just out of puberty, I was introduced to In Search of the Lost Chord, by a Vista Volunteer assigned to tutor a family member. To this day I still remember my reactions and my mind exploding open.
My two favorite bands are Pink Floyd and the Moody Blues.

That said, I've never done drugs in my life.

The singer died Just last December.
The band was very-very different. Many times I laid in my room with those giant headphones back then and listened to Days of Future Passed and In Search of the Lost Chord.
I would get lost in their world.

My my... so long ago. Would have been about 1976-79.

"Michael's family would like to share with his trusted friends and caring fans that he passed peacefully," reads the statement. "His final days were filled with music, encircled by the love of his family. Michael lived his life with a childlike wonder, walking a deeply introspective path which fused the mind and the heart."

PHOTO: Mike Pinder of the Moody Blues performs in March 1972 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. (Gijsbert Hanekroot/Redferns)

PHOTO: Mike Pinder of the Moody Blues performs in March 1972 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. (Gijsbert Hanekroot/Redferns)

"He created his music and the message he shared with the world from this spiritually grounded place," the statement continued. "His authentic essence lifted up everyone who came into contact with him. His lyrics, philosophy, and vision of humanity and our place in the cosmos will touch generations to come."

Just learned that Mike Pinder, the last of the original members of The Moody Blues, has died. He was a pioneer in the use of synthesizers, especially the Mellotron. Condolences to his family, friends, and fans. Glad that he was alive to be inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame. RIP Mike.
Derek is the oldest son of my last wife and he is why I know of and enjoy the moody Blues.
Derek back when he was around 19 spoke to me about them. I had not heard of them. Thanks to him I know a lot about them now. Derek must be 57 now.

Forum List

Back