This Is NOT Christian

So, if he married her instead of just having sex, would that have been "christian?"

Of course physical intimacy with someone other than your spouse is going to destroy a marriage....just like increased physical intimacy tends to make it more secure.

Even though marriage is about a lot more than physical intimacy... for whatever reason the physical intimacy seems to play a major role in having a good marriage.
No one has been able to "rise above" monogamy to have multiple affairs and still have a good marriage.

It's been tried and has failed EVERY time.

If I want a yellow butter cake and keep grabbing the box of devil's food cake mix and then whine about the results...how many times do I have license to whine about the results?

Is there value in morals? Is a family, community, society more stable and happier all agree to abide by a set of morals; or more stable and happier if everyone goes their own way, each deciding for him/herself how each will behave?

Second, what makes one a stronger partner: One who gives his/her spouse first place in matters of time and devotion, or one who spreads time and devotion more thinly. An analogy: Butter (or another topping) spread thinly over two slices of bread or more lavishly on one. If we are apt to select the more lavish slice of bread, doesn't it make sense we prefer a partner who lavishes his/her attention on one, rather than spreading it over two?

Is there value in morals? Is a family, community, society more stable and happier all agree to abide by a set of morals; or more stable and happier if everyone goes their own way, each deciding for him/herself how each will behave?

Second, what makes one a stronger partner: One who gives his/her spouse first place in matters of time and devotion, or one who spreads time and devotion more thinly. An analogy: Butter (or another topping) spread thinly over two slices of bread or more lavishly on one. If we are apt to select the more lavish slice of bread, doesn't it make sense we prefer a partner who lavishes his/her attention on one, rather than spreading it over two?

What someone else does has zero effect on my morals.

Is it somehow better for only one partner to not be loyal?

Peer morals have no effect on you or on anyone else?

I asked you a question first which you did not answer. I do not answer questions from those who don't answer questions themselves. Answer my question and I would be happy to answer yours.

did the religious itinerant marry, mary magdalene - howabout an open relationship they certainly had one, both of them.

of course not, lets not allow 1st century liberation theology to interfere with 4th century christianity - leastwise someone might end up being crucified.

* they are consenting adults - just another provocative thread by the right wing religious fanatics.

I just have no words
crunch.png

Answer my question
No thanks. I thought it rhetorical. If you really believe it needs an answer, I do not care to continue the conversation as we appear to be interested in different trains of thought. Have a good evening.

No thanks. I thought it rhetorical. If you really believe it needs an answer, I do not care to continue the conversation as we appear to be interested in different trains of thought. Have a good evening.

So it's immoral to agree to allow your partner to seek other sexual partners but not to cheat on your partner?

Forum List

Back