There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

Anomalism

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2020
If I'm going to be buying dinner for the poor I think I should have a say in what's acceptable to buy and what's not. I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to buy steak or anything nice, but I do think they shouldn't be able to buy a bunch of chips, soda and candy. There's an obesity epidemic in the country, particularly among the poor, and I don't want my money to make it worse. With my taxed income I want people to be buying healthy foods that help facilitate healthy lifestyles. If people are really in such rough shape that they need that kind of help they should be more than happy to just buy the things they actually need with it.

Last edited:
Grown people that cannot take care of themselves should not be upset when the grown people that are taking care of themselves and them have opinions about how welfare funds should be used.
The majority of those on WIC are infants and toddlers, the majority of people on EBT are elderly, disabled and children, 80%...

Grown people that cannot take care of themselves should not be upset when the grown people that are taking care of themselves and them have opinions about how welfare funds should be used.
it doesnt mean they cant take care of themselves.....it means they just lost the means to take care of themselves like a job or their health....and im talking about the ones who actually need it...

New Topics

Forum List

Back