The woman who falsely accused the black guy of threating her when he asked her to put the leash on her dog

Her punishment will be far more severe than the seriousness of her crime. She will spend the rest of her life in hiding because of the death threats. She will never be able to get a job again. Everyone she knows, except her few real friends, will disown her.
Actions have consequences.

Like I said she should have just ignored him
No. She should have put her dog on a leash.

Says you.

She has no obligation to comply with the orders of some unknown civilian.

In fact she has no obligation to acknowledge him if he speaks to her
True, but she was in an area where dogs are supposed to be leashed and there were plenty of signs to that effect. Sure she could have made a choice to ignore him (and he could have rightfully filmed her off lead dog and called the cops on her.).
There are signs that say people are supposed to drive at a certain MPH as well.

Tell me how many actually follow those rules.

Was the dog bothering the guy?

It seemed to me he was quite a distance away from the woman and her dog.
Thats a losing argument. It is not sufficient to use the "other people do it too excuse". You sound like a child.

Doesnt matter how far the dog was away. It was disturbing the wild life the sign was posted to protect.

It's not an excuse I am merely wondering why anyone who is not in law enforcement thinks they have the right to tell other people what to do.

And a dog on a leash can disturb wildlife. FYI people can disturb wildlife too.
It is an excuse. You have the right because of the first amendment. There is also a such thing as citizens arrest for a reason.

A dog on a leash cannot attack wildlife which is the point. Yes humans can disturb and kill wild life but the sign was speaking of dogs being leashed not humans.

No the first amendment does not give you the right to enforce laws.

All he can do is say something, and he did. It's still not his job to make the person put a dog on a leash is it?

Like I said she should have just ignored the guy like I would have done.

Who said the 1rst gave you the right to enforce laws? This was your question...."I am merely wondering why anyone who is not in law enforcement thinks they have the right to tell other people what to do. "

The first amendment gives you the right to say what you want, including telling people to obey posted signs.

He didnt make the woman put the dog on the leash. Where did you get the assumption he made her do anything?

She had the right to ignore him just like you do. Instead she jumped to becoming a hysterical racist bitch.

You said you have a right because of the first amendment didn't you? Then you mentioned citizens' arrest didn't you?

The first amendment has nothing to do with citizens arrest and nothing to do with enforcing laws

As I said civilians do not have a duty to enforce the laws.

He can say whatever he wants but not one person has any obligation to listen to him.
Yes I did to both.

I didnt say the 1rst had anything to do with citizens arrest. Your reading comprehension is on the fritz.

I dont care what you said. Civillians have a duty to help enforce laws up to a point which includes a citizens arrest.

True. No one has to listen to the guy. That doesnt mean he doesnt have the right to say what he said.

No they don't have an obligation to enforce laws.

If they did then people could be arrested for not stopping a criminal from committing a crime.
Thats an incredibly stupid comment. An obligation doesnt have to be legal. its moral.

I have no moral obligation to enforce any law.

If I see a guy robbing a store I have no legal or moral obligation to stop him from doing so in fact I can leave the scene and refuse to speak to the police if I choose.

That said if i saw a person commit murder I would at the very least tell the cops what I saw but I would have no legal or moral obligation to physically detain that person

Tell what mortal imperative drives a civilian to enforce a leash law? Is it the disturbing the birds thing? Because people disturb birds all the time.
Actually you do. Thats why you can be charged with a felony or misdemeanor for not assisting a police officer depending on what your local ordinance says.

Only if so ordered by a police officer. And it's a misdemeanor at best in most places and almost never enforced. And It can be argued that if you think a police officer is putting your safety in danger with such an order that there is no obligation to comply.

So I have no obligation to stop a crime in progress or to act in the place of a police officer.

Like I said.

If I see a guy robbing a store I have no obligation to stop him or hold him until the cops decide to show up.
I didnt say you had an obligation to stop anyone. I said you have an obligation to help enforce the laws and rules of society. If you shirk from that I understand. Youre the type of person what would let a child rapist abduct a child and not make a move to stop it.

No I don't have an obligation to help enforce the law.

And how can you tell a person is a child rapist by just looking at him?

How do I know it's not the kid's father trying to get him in the car because the little brat is pitching a fit in public?
Yes you do. Its a moral obligation and in some cases a moral and legal obligation that could result in an accessory charge.

You err on the side of caution. If a child is putting up a fight and screaming they are being abducted are you just going to sit there and say it might be their father?

Her punishment will be far more severe than the seriousness of her crime. She will spend the rest of her life in hiding because of the death threats. She will never be able to get a job again. Everyone she knows, except her few real friends, will disown her.

Says you.

True, but she was in an area where dogs are supposed to be leashed and there were plenty of signs to that effect. Sure she could have made a choice to ignore him (and he could have rightfully filmed her off lead dog and called the cops on her.).

Thats a losing argument. It is not sufficient to use the "other people do it too excuse". You sound like a child.

Doesnt matter how far the dog was away. It was disturbing the wild life the sign was posted to protect.

It's not an excuse I am merely wondering why anyone who is not in law enforcement thinks they have the right to tell other people what to do.

Using your logic people have no right to to attempt to stop an assault, a shooting, or robbery because they aren't law enforcement.

I would argue they have no right to ENFORCE but free speech gives then the right to politely ask one to leash their dog.

If anyone assaults another person and wants to use the defense of self and others reason they are the ones who have to prove they acted in a legal manner.
Only upon such proof being accepted by the court will they be exonerated.

If you try to stop a guy who snatched a purse and you pushed him down a set stairs in the chase and he died you would be guilty of manslaughter.
Why would you push him down some stairs instead of just reporting what you saw? He's running away and no danger to anyone.

The question was do I think people have the right to attempt to stop an assault, shooting or robbery

I used the purse snatching as an example of trying to stop a crime.

The thing is no one can really prevent a person from committing a crime all you can do is react AFTER he commits a crime.
No. Your statement was...."It's not an excuse I am merely wondering why anyone who is not in law enforcement thinks they have the right to tell other people what to do".

You have morphed from that initial statement to attempting to stop a crime.

No one said you could prevent someone from preventing a crime. What you are doing is another morph.
No I answered a specific question that was posed to me by Coyote.

Why don't you read back up the quote tree a little and see where Coyote said this to me

Using your logic people have no right to to attempt to stop an assault, a shooting, or robbery because they aren't law enforcement.

Says you.

I would argue they have no right to ENFORCE but free speech gives then the right to politely ask one to leash their dog.

If anyone assaults another person and wants to use the defense of self and others reason they are the ones who have to prove they acted in a legal manner.

If you try to stop a guy who snatched a purse and you pushed him down a set stairs in the chase and he died you would be guilty of manslaughter.
Why would you push him down some stairs instead of just reporting what you saw? He's running away and no danger to anyone.

The question was do I think people have the right to attempt to stop an assault, shooting or robbery

The thing is no one can really prevent a person from committing a crime all you can do is react AFTER he commits a crime.
No. Your statement was...."It's not an excuse I am merely wondering why anyone who is not in law enforcement thinks they have the right to tell other people what to do".

No one said you could prevent someone from preventing a crime. What you are doing is another morph.

Why don't you read back up the quote tree a little and see where Coyote said this to me

No you were replying to me when you said that.

Says you.

It is an excuse. You have the right because of the first amendment. There is also a such thing as citizens arrest for a reason.

A dog on a leash cannot attack wildlife which is the point. Yes humans can disturb and kill wild life but the sign was speaking of dogs being leashed not humans.

All he can do is say something, and he did. It's still not his job to make the person put a dog on a leash is it?

Who said the 1rst gave you the right to enforce laws? This was your question...."I am merely wondering why anyone who is not in law enforcement thinks they have the right to tell other people what to do. "

The first amendment gives you the right to say what you want, including telling people to obey posted signs.

He didnt make the woman put the dog on the leash. Where did you get the assumption he made her do anything?

She had the right to ignore him just like you do. Instead she jumped to becoming a hysterical racist bitch.

You said you have a right because of the first amendment didn't you? Then you mentioned citizens' arrest didn't you?

The first amendment has nothing to do with citizens arrest and nothing to do with enforcing laws

He can say whatever he wants but not one person has any obligation to listen to him.
Yes I did to both.

I didnt say the 1rst had anything to do with citizens arrest. Your reading comprehension is on the fritz.

I dont care what you said. Civillians have a duty to help enforce laws up to a point which includes a citizens arrest.

True. No one has to listen to the guy. That doesnt mean he doesnt have the right to say what he said.

If they did then people could be arrested for not stopping a criminal from committing a crime.
Thats an incredibly stupid comment. An obligation doesnt have to be legal. its moral.

If I see a guy robbing a store I have no legal or moral obligation to stop him from doing so in fact I can leave the scene and refuse to speak to the police if I choose.

That said if i saw a person commit murder I would at the very least tell the cops what I saw but I would have no legal or moral obligation to physically detain that person

Tell what mortal imperative drives a civilian to enforce a leash law? Is it the disturbing the birds thing? Because people disturb birds all the time.
Actually you do. Thats why you can be charged with a felony or misdemeanor for not assisting a police officer depending on what your local ordinance says.

Only if so ordered by a police officer. And it's a misdemeanor at best in most places and almost never enforced. And It can be argued that if you think a police officer is putting your safety in danger with such an order that there is no obligation to comply.

So I have no obligation to stop a crime in progress or to act in the place of a police officer.

Like I said.

If I see a guy robbing a store I have no obligation to stop him or hold him until the cops decide to show up.
I didnt say you had an obligation to stop anyone. I said you have an obligation to help enforce the laws and rules of society. If you shirk from that I understand. Youre the type of person what would let a child rapist abduct a child and not make a move to stop it.

No I don't have an obligation to help enforce the law.

And how can you tell a person is a child rapist by just looking at him?

How do I know it's not the kid's father trying to get him in the car because the little brat is pitching a fit in public?
Yes you do. Its a moral obligation and in some cases a moral and legal obligation that could result in an accessory charge.

You err on the side of caution. If a child is putting up a fight and screaming they are being abducted are you just going to sit there and say it might be their father?

No it won't result in an accessory charge.

It will most likely be be a failure to obey an officer charge which will never see the courtroom. If i actually aided a criminal by physically interfering with a cop you might be right.

But that is not what we are talking about here now is it?

Says you.

Yes I did to both.

Per the last paragraph, yes. This is one area of the park set aside for people to bird watch. Human traffic on trails is less disruptive than canine traffic running in and out,chasing critters etc. You can assume all dogs are as well trained as yours or thatin all owners are as respectful. A 6 leash allows dog walkers to enjoy that area as well as birdwatchers.

Says you.

No I wasn't.

Coyote entered the quote tree with that comment directed at me.

Says you.

No I wasn't.

Coyote entered the quote tree with that comment directed at me.
Sorry. but you were. See post #92

Boo hoo.
I can't feel sorry for someone who attempted to na

Says you.

Says you.

Well weren't you just saying he had no right to tell her what to do but you are now saying he does have the right to say something? In that I agree, he just wouldn't have any right to enforce it. Which he did not.

Yeah yeah blah blah

He can say what he wants but no one is obligated to listen.

I like to think I do not have the right to tell anyone what to do but that's probably because I have no desire to be a nosy busybody.

This guy expected the woman to obey him or else he wouldn't have got his panties in such a twist over her dog not being on a leash
It does not matter what he expected. You are not inside his head.

Says you.

Yes I did to both.

Per the last paragraph, yes. This is one area of the park set aside for people to bird watch. Human traffic on trails is less disruptive than canine traffic running in and out,chasing critters etc. You can assume all dogs are as well trained as yours or thatin all owners are as respectful. A 6 leash allows dog walkers to enjoy that area as well as birdwatchers.

There was no evidence presented that this dog was disturbing the birds.

Says you.

Yes I did to both.

There was no court case. What are you talking about?

Boo hoo.

Says you.

Says you.

Well weren't you just saying he had no right to tell her what to do but you are now saying he does have the right to say something? In that I agree, he just wouldn't have any right to enforce it. Which he did not.

Yeah yeah blah blah

I like to think I do not have the right to tell anyone what to do but that's probably because I have no desire to be a nosy busybody.

This guy expected the woman to obey him or else he wouldn't have got his panties in such a twist over her dog not being on a leash

I don't have to be to know a busybody when i see one.

Really who gets his nuts in such a twist over a small dog not being on a leash ?

There was no evidence whatsoever that the dog was misbehaving before he started filming is there?

Says you.

Yes I did to both.

There doesn't need to be. Just like you don't have to prove someone is being directly harmed when you run a red light.

Says you.

Yes I did to both.

How do you know the dog was disturbing the birds?

Did you see any video of it?

You didn't because there was none.

So you are ASSUMING facts not in evidence

Boo hoo.

Says you.

Says you.

Yeah yeah blah blah

Really who gets his nuts in such a twist over a small dog not being on a leash ?

There was no evidence whatsoever that the dog was misbehaving before he started filming is there?
People who dont want the wild life disturbed?

Obviously there was evidence. Thats why the guy asked her to leash the dog.

Boo hoo.

Says you.

Says you.

Yeah yeah blah blah

Why do you say he was in such a twist? He was calm and polite. From what I read, this sort of thing has been a chronic problem.

Says you.

Yes I did to both.

How do you know the dog was disturbing the birds?

Did you see any video of it?

You didn't because there was none.

So you are ASSUMING facts not in evidence
Because the guy asked her to leash the dog.

I dont have to see the video. She con concurred with the way things went down.

Says you.

Yes I did to both.

There doesn't need to be. Just like you don't have to prove someone is being directly harmed when you run a red light.
Since the disturbing the birds thing was the reason people here are saying he told the woman to leash her dog I would like to see evidence of the birds being disturbed.

Says you.

Yes I did to both.

Since the disturbing the birds thing was the reason people here are saying he told the woman to leash her dog I would like to see evidence of the birds being disturbed.
It sounds like you are saying people shouldn't be required to obey laws if there is no sign it adversely effects anyone.

Boo hoo.

Says you.

Says you.

Yeah yeah blah blah

Why do you say he was in such a twist? He was calm and polite. From what I read, this sort of thing has been a chronic problem.

Who starts taping a woman because she had her dog off leash?

Again was the dog bothering this guy?

Was the dog "disturbing the birds"?

From what I saw the woman and her dog were in a small clearing directly off the sidewalk.

Says you.

Yes I did to both.

It sounds like you are saying Pete shouldn't be required to obey laws if there is no sign it adversely effects anyone.
I have yet to see any evidence that this dog adversely affected anyone or even any bird.

Forum List

Back