The War on Public Schools Continues, Only Now It’s Considered Reinvention’

6. Let's imagine the days when teachers were not afraid of their students.
Any teachers who feel that way don't last very long.
I have a family member who was a public teacher in a school that is 93% black and hispanic

he said there were days when he locked himself in a janitors closet and did not come out till he could regain his composure
Sounds like he shouldn’t have been there.
A lot of good teachers have reached that conclusion and walked away from the public schools

and he is not a teacher today

which is another reason for the decline of education in America
Not everyone is cut out to teach in an urban school district.

I have a family member who was a public teacher in a school that is 93% black and hispanic

he said there were days when he locked himself in a janitors closet and did not come out till he could regain his composure
A lot of good teachers have reached that conclusion and walked away from the public schools

Anyone hiding in a closet wasn’t a good teacher to start with.
You dont know what you are talking about

including how bad conditions are in the worst of the public schools

Nowhere are any of you asking my da to step it up a notch, ever. Interesting considering you clamor for self responsibility.

I know exactly what I’m talking about.

They don't get to pick and choose. They take everyone.

Thats part of the problem. But I think this flight from public schools by normal Americans has been counterproductive. We all have to live with their product. We should demand the Department of Education be disbanded and return schools to the locals. That is the only fix. Another example of the failure that must always come when you let the federal government into what should be local institutions. Its been a disaster.

The push since Reagan has been to privatize the education system.

What I dislike is the most is the level of BS that they insist on vomiting to do what they have been planning to do since Reagan.

Who is pushing to privatize the education system? They are few and far between and have one thing in common. They don't know anything about public education.
There are some very wealthy interests that are working toward the privatization of the education system. Any drop in funding results in a gap that is immediately assumed by large corporations.
At the end of the day it IS easier to have a computer teach a course than to have a human. Technology is growing very quickly. In the future, the only individuals being taught by a human will be the wealthy classes of society.

Thats part of the problem. But I think this flight from public schools by normal Americans has been counterproductive. We all have to live with their product. We should demand the Department of Education be disbanded and return schools to the locals. That is the only fix. Another example of the failure that must always come when you let the federal government into what should be local institutions. Its been a disaster.

What I dislike is the most is the level of BS that they insist on vomiting to do what they have been planning to do since Reagan.

Who is pushing to privatize the education system? They are few and far between and have one thing in common. They don't know anything about public education.
There are some very wealthy interests that are working toward the privatization of the education system. Any drop in funding results in a gap that is immediately assumed by large corporations.
At the end of the day it IS easier to have a computer teach a course than to have a human. Technology is growing very quickly. In the future, the only individuals being taught by a human will be the wealthy classes of society.
You've got it backwards.

You've got it backwards.
Why must I always request that you elaborate? You are like talking to a fucking speak n' spell.

Ok...please elaborate.

People are disgusted with public education or this wouldn’t be a viable option.

Ok...please elaborate.
The technology does not yet exist to interact at a sufficient level to actually have a computer really teach anything. You can show videos and post static exercises, but teaching is more than that. Also, the wealthy classes are the ones likely to have the opportunity to access new technology. We are seeing right now that the less wealthy students often have a very hard time with remote learning because of a lack of access and familiarity with technology.

That is not true. People support their schools It's just everyone else that sucks! That's just like Congress!

That is not true. People support their schools It's just everyone else that sucks! That's just like Congress!

People don’t have any schools. They are all run from DC.

They mostly feed and babysit the kids of single mothers now.

Do you realize how stupid that sounds? DC has little or no impact on schools.

Not in this case

the public schools are a mess and not many good teachers are willing to work under the difficult and dangerous conditions existing in the hood

you know I’m almost agreeing with the PS apologists who blame everything on the parents and kids

but there is not a one-size-fits-all explanation for whats wrong with America’s education system

DC has an overwhelming impact on schools. It has destroyed them.

DC has an overwhelming impact on schools. It has destroyed them.

Give me an example! You have not a clue!

Not in this case

Very specifically in this case.

Forum List

Back