The War on Public Schools Continues, Only Now It’s Considered Reinvention’

You did not link the report, dumass! How would I know?

Too late for you.

I do remember I contact them regarding their "pharm" word, of course I didn't receive a reply and I found not worthy to follow up the case of the typo. I don't think the online publication to be found, but perhaps searching the store stand publication in a library storage you can find it. It was at the front page, that's for sure. This typo happened years ago, so will take some work for the ones interested in this issue.

Save your energy for our next confrontation, if any.

So how am I supposed to know what "pharm"was referencing? Do you think I have a crystal ball? Why are you such a dumbass?

6. Let's imagine the days when teachers were not afraid of their students.
Any teachers who feel that way don't last very long.
I have a family member who was a public teacher in a school that is 93% black and hispanic

he said there were days when he locked himself in a janitors closet and did not come out till he could regain his composure

So how am I supposed to know what "pharm"was referencing? Do you think I have a crystal ball? Why are you such a dumbass?

You had plenty freedom to ask first what the article was about before replying my message.

Besides, I would like to read from you the application of the word pharm written alone in an article.

You must noticed from the very beginning I didn't write pharm. but pharm in my message, such it was in the Washington post first page.

Lets see the use of it from Time Magazine and The Washington post as well: pharm party (Slate article)

But don't get excited, such was not the article I'm talking about with the typo.

Lets see, PharmD News

PharmTech

Pharm Exec

Your abbreviation pharm is mostly used as an adjective, not so as a noun, unless is a proper noun as a technical name. The Washington Post won't use such a technicality in an article of them, they are news media and their first page main article won't be granted to that kind of language... it will scare people like me... ha ha ha ha

I don't think you will go further with your pharm word.

Save your efforts for next time... Mr. dumbass...

I was watching on the news the complaint of a Illinois school female teacher saying that in other States, schools receive the Fed support and that schools over there have funds for improve greatly the education of students... but that in her State they also receive the same funds but the money simply disappears before reaching schools.

There you go, there you have another big reason why public schools fail in certain States. Black magic is involved and the funds destined for schools simply vanish.

They don't get to pick and choose. They take everyone.

Thats part of the problem. But I think this flight from public schools by normal Americans has been counterproductive. We all have to live with their product. We should demand the Department of Education be disbanded and return schools to the locals. That is the only fix. Another example of the failure that must always come when you let the federal government into what should be local institutions. Its been a disaster.

Name a current federal policy that has a negative impact on local schools. Nevermind! You cannot possible do that!

States and local communities already control their schools. That is why most public schools in the US do an excellent job, and the liberal dominated inner city schools suck!

No Child Left Behind.

Terrible law. Both of my parents are teachers, and both retired after No Child Left Behind. My mother was the only teacher teaching 4th grade that had a Masters. My father was one of only two teachers in the high school, that had a Ph.D.

Both retired because of No Child Left Behind. There was a massive amount of burden of paperwork, and unfair assessments.

As a Teacher you can't force kids to study hard for tests. You can encourage them until the day you die, and you'll just die. Why should you as a teacher, be judged for the willful incompetence of the student?

And how can you motivate a student, who believe (correctly) that they will go to high school, and then college, whether they pass the test or not? When I was in high school, there was a guy there who intentionally got a 65% score. He made it a game, to get the lowest possible passing score he could get. 65%.

Then he aced his SAT and ACT, and got into a law school, and became a lawyer.

Why should the teachers be judged, for this?

And lastly, the teacher has no ability to control what students they end up with. Honestly, some students just suck. They have emotional problems, or behavior problems, and they can't expel them, and can't get rid of them, and there is nothing the teacher can do.

But the teacher gets judged for the bad students they have to deal with?

So both my parents retired over this Federal over-reach. The Federal government has no business being involved in local schools. At all.

I have a family member who was a public teacher in a school that is 93% black and hispanic

he said there were days when he locked himself in a janitors closet and did not come out till he could regain his composure
Sounds like he shouldn’t have been there.

On my screen you have two posts, with nothing. What are you doing?

I was watching on the news the complaint of a Illinois school female teacher saying that in other States, schools receive the Fed support and that schools over there have funds for improve greatly the education of students... but that in her State they also receive the same funds but the money simply disappears before reaching schools.

There you go, there you have another big reason why public schools fail in certain States. Black magic is involved and the funds destined for schools simply vanish.

And this is absurd anyway.

We spend more money for schools, than any other nation on Earth. Why do they need more money? More money for what?

We have kids that graduate from high school, with a 4th grade reading level.

How does throwing money at this, solve that problem? Will an extra $10,000, magically cause him to read the words on the page better?

You don't need more money. You need a better school system. This is why private schools, that spend half as much per student, end up with better results. They don't need money. They need a better system.

The general public has no idea of how dangerous many urban schools are for teachers and students.

It infuriates me when politicians criticize teachers and say that they (the pols) would make fantastic teachers in such schools. If they tried, they would not last a whole day before they ran out screaming.

I feel sooooooo sorry for the few shy and timid students who have to survive in such circumstances because their parents cannot afford a private school for them. No wonder such sensitive students are often absent.

I am a computer-illiterate old man. I got all confused while typing a reply.

I accidentally posted before I had finished the post. I was able to delete them, I think.

Nowadays everyone is playing some kind of card: the race card, the gender card, etc.

So be kind and let me play the old geezer card. Thanks!

I am a computer-illiterate old man. I got all confused while typing a reply.

I accidentally posted before I had finished the post. I was able to delete them, I think.

Nowadays everyone is playing some kind of card: the race card, the gender card, etc.

So be kind and let me play the old geezer card. Thanks!

It happens. Life goes on.

No Child Left Behind.

Terrible law. Both of my parents are teachers, and both retired after No Child Left Behind.

Both retired because of No Child Left Behind. There was a massive amount of burden of paperwork, and unfair assessments.

Best law ever is rating the students for what they understood and what they know after receiving classes.

This is the way of rating in all levels of education. You want to be a doctor, there you go, you must pass the tests, you want to be a plumber, you also must pass the tests plus the open book code test.

Why public school students are exonerated of passing tests in order to pass grades AS IT IS DONE WITH PRIVATE SCHOOLS? My children studied in private school, the worst school for them to have time left for fun: a Catholic school. I felt sorry for the excessive homework and preparations for tests. But they learned, they passed the tests. And my children are just average when is about capacity to learn.

As a Teacher you can't force kids to study hard for tests. You can encourage them until the day you die, and you'll just die. Why should you as a teacher, be judged for the willful incompetence of the student?

Best is to encourage the student to encourage himself to become better. No student can be successful without he himself trying his best.

And how can you motivate a student, who believe (correctly) that they will go to high school, and then college, whether they pass the test or not?

Attorneys, who were students in private schools are the ones to blame. They incite the parents of a failed student to blame the school when their son can't pass the grade. A law suit is made because the "trauma" caused to their son after knowing he won't pass the grade and must repeat it again next year.

Pull the license from all those corrupt attorneys, restore the law of "you don't pass the test then you don't pass the grade" and see the results will be different.

You will claim students will only prepare to answer questions of a test.

My answer: At least they will learn solely those answers, because right now they don't learn shit.

And lastly, the teacher has no ability to control what students they end up with. Honestly, some students just suck. They have emotional problems, or behavior problems, and they can't expel them, and can't get rid of them, and there is nothing the teacher can do.

With all those issues, that student still has the right to receive education. Period.

Who told you that being a teacher is an easy job?

Laws must protect the students, all of them. A trouble student who can't be controlled by parents and teachers must be set apart to receive just basic skills in a training school under security with guards. No need to treat him roughly. Drug addict students the same, to be sent to educational shops without windows. They will wish to get out of that place on next class semester. But as soon as he returns to drugs or vicious behavior, next day to be sent to the training school again.

The dumb student issue has been solved already with Special Education programs.

So both my parents retired over this Federal over-reach. The Federal government has no business being involved in local schools. At all.

So, before the "no child left behind", did your parent's students learn the subjects without problems?

I don't think so.

Look, "equality" in education is not rated by the number of higher grades but by the teaching given to all in the same class.

This is to say, the teacher's job is to provide the lessons and explain them. From here, each student is on his own. Teachers must report the issues found in students and the school psychologist is the one to prescribe the best method of learning for students who can't learn with the standard method.

As you can see, the teacher can't be blamed for the grade rates of students if the teacher has been explaining the lessons in accord with the program.

If the school is full or children with traumas, so be it. The teacher must continue with his job of explaining lessons the way the curriculum establishes. The teacher is not the parent of the students.

It is the job of parents to follow up the education of their children at home, and CONSULT with teachers and the school psychologist for the best method to improve learning in their children.

Parents can't demand beyond the standard explanation of the lessons by the teacher.

You are corect when you say that teachers are not the ones to be blamed.

The current problem is how society has decayed so low in the US that children's learning troubles are carried from home to school because broken families, cheating spouses, drugs, alcohol, same sex marriages and all the garbage which has been imposed by politicians to be "tolerated".

You complaint the Fed government intervention in public schools, however you avoid confronting the real problem which is politics imposing social decay to be accepted by society.

Look back times when no drugs, alcohol, spouse cheating were accepted in families. Public school education was way better because society was decent, straight, honorable.

Today, students from homes with good standards are successful even when coming out from public schools. I can tell because I know some of them, and they graduated with university diploma years later.

About the rest, many also are successful with different careers not related to college or university.

The job of school is to provide the lessons needed to acquire knowledge of different matters. The job of schools is not creating geniuses.

The reason why public schools can't return back to the good old system which worked fine in the past is because today's society lacks of respect to the authority. Children at home see their social resent parents insulting president Trump everyday, then, how the hell you expect those students to respect their teacher at school?

Don't blame public schools, blame the current decayed society.

Last edited:
No Child Left Behind.

Terrible law. Both of my parents are teachers, and both retired after No Child Left Behind.

Best law ever is rating the students for what they understood and what they know after receiving classes.

This is the way of rating in all levels of education. You want to be a doctor, there you go, you must pass the tests, you want to be a plumber, you also must pass the tests plus the open book code test.

Why public school students are exonerated of passing tests in order to pass grades AS IT IS DONE WITH PRIVATE SCHOOLS? My children studied in private school, the worst school for them to have time left for fun: a Catholic school. I felt sorry for the excessive homework and preparations for tests. But they learned, they passed the tests. And my children are just average when is about capacity to learn.

Best is to encourage the student to encourage himself to become better. No student can be successful without he himself trying his best.

And how can you motivate a student, who believe (correctly) that they will go to high school, and then college, whether they pass the test or not?

Attorneys, who were students in private schools are the ones to blame. They incite the parents of a failed student to blame the school when their son can't pass the grade. A law suit is made because the "trauma" caused to their son after knowing he won't pass the grade and must repeat it again next year.

Pull the license from all those corrupt attorneys, restore the law of "you don't pass the test then you don't pass the grade" and see the results will be different.

You will claim students will only prepare to answer questions of a test.

My answer: At least they will learn solely those answers, because right now they don't learn shit.

With all those issues, that student still has the right to receive education. Period.

Who told you that being a teacher is an easy job?

Laws must protect the students, all of them. A trouble student who can't be controlled by parents and teachers must be set apart to receive just basic skills in a training school under security with guards. No need to treat him roughly. Drug addict students the same, to be sent to educational shops without windows. They will wish to get out of that place on next class semester. But as soon as he returns to drugs or vicious behavior, next day to be sent to the training school again.

The dumb student issue has been solved already with Special Education programs.

So, before the "no child left behind", did your parent's students learn the subjects without problems?

I don't think so.

Look, "equality" in education is not rated by the number of higher grades but by the teaching given to all in the same class.

This is to say, the teacher's job is to provide the lessons and explain them. From here, each student is on his own. Teachers must report the issues found in students and the school psychologist is the one to prescribe the best method of learning for students who can't learn with the standard method.

As you can see, the teacher can't be blamed for the grade rates of students if the teacher has been explaining the lessons in accord with the program.

If the school is full or children with traumas, so be it. The teacher must continue with his job of explaining lessons the way the curriculum establishes. The teacher is not the parent of the students.

It is the job of parents to follow up the education of their children at home, and CONSULT with teachers and the school psychologist for the best method to improve learning in their children.

Parents can't demand beyond the standard explanation of the lessons by the teacher.

The current problem is how society has decayed so low in the US that children's learning troubles are carried from home to school because broken families, cheating spouses, drugs, alcohol, same sex marriages and all the garbage which has been imposed by politicians to be "tolerated".

You complaint the Fed government intervention in public schools, however you avoid confronting the real problem which is politics imposing social decay to be accepted by society.

Look back times when no drugs, alcohol, spouse cheating were accepted in families. Public school education was way better because society was decent, straight, honorable.

Today, students from homes with good standards are successful even when coming out from public schools. I can tell because I know some of them, and they graduated with university diploma years later.

About the rest, many also are successful with different careers not related to college or university.

The job of school is to provide the lessons needed to acquire knowledge of different matters. The job of schools is not creating geniuses.

The reason why public schools can't return back to the good old system which worked fine in the past is because today's society lacks of respect to the authority. Children at home see their social resent parents insulting president Trump everyday, then, how the hell you expect those students to respect their teacher at school?

Don't blame public schools, blame the current decayed society.

Why public school students are exonerated of passing tests in order to pass grades AS IT IS DONE WITH PRIVATE SCHOOLS?

Again, we've tried it. It doesn't work. That law was passed in 2002, and we still have worthless students being pumped out of those schools.

You can talk like it should work until the end of time... it doesn't. End of story... plan A failed. Need a new plan.

Does not work. You can encourage until the end of time. Then he doesn't study, does badly on the tests, and you get blamed as a bad teacher.

Correct. Just one problem, the parents will fight that, and you end up where you are now. If you get rid of the attorneys, the parents will simply find another.

In the meantime, the teachers are judged unfairly because students refuse to learn.

Fine... but that's not how the system works. The teacher is held accountable for how many students pass the grade.

But Teacher can't force the student to pass the grade. So why should you get hammered as a teacher, for students actions you can't control? Again you say until the end of time, that the teacher's job is to provide the lesson, and then it's on the students.

Great I agree. Doesn't work that way.

And that statement right there is why students are coming out stupid. You can say that until the end of time, and you are just ruining kids lives. You just wrecking education.

You realize that almost no other country on the planet has that view? If you don't behave in class, and if you don't make the grades, you are removed.

If you don't pass the entrance exam to get into the high school you try to enter, then you don't go.

Same in Finland and Japan. If you have problems, or emotional issues, or behavior issues, or you don't pass the test, they remove you from the class, and you don't go to school.

In fact, nearly all countries operate this way. There is no... your child can be a complete basket case, hellion, and they have a "right" to an education.

You don't keep up, you get removed. You don't pass the entrance exam, then you don't go at all. You can't keep your mouth shut, or not bother the kids around you, you got home and you stay there.

And that is how it should be. This "right" to an education, needs eliminated it. The system is being abused.

And here is what happens. Your neighbors hellion, sits and distracts the entire class with your kid in it, and then he doesn't learn anything either. Or that kid end up asking questions non-stop because he's so far behind that he completely monopolizes the teachers time, and nothing gets taught, or no one else who could actually benefit from the teacher's attention, gets the help they could use.

It does not work. Period.

And this logic here, is exactly why we spend more money on education than any other school system in the world, and our kids come out stupid. Your system is a fail. It does not work.

Well yeah... of course. The topic is public education. Public education can't fix moral and social decay. If you think it can, let's hear how, because I don't see how teaching kids "Be nice" is going to change them from being criminals to hard working productive members of society.

If the topic of the thread was simply "reasons why" I would list social decay and moral break down, is a major contributing factor.

The topic is war on public schools, and everything I listed above is why there is a war on public schools. They suck. They suck for reasons the schools can't do anything about, like moral decay and social break down... and they suck for reasons they could change but won't.... such as government intervention, the teachers unions, the requirement to teach all kids, even if some are not worth teaching, or refuse to learn.

So yes, I'm focusing on what they could do, that private schools do better, which is why we should privatize all public schools, or allow for mass voucher programs, to get kids out of public schools.

I did not say that. There are many things the teachers can't control. But they are not all things are beyond the control of the Teachers. In fact many things are in control.

And Parents most certainly can demand just about anything. And the reason why, you already mentioned.
"that student still has the right to receive education. Period."

You don't seem to understand what they statement implies. When people say you have right to liberty, do they mean you can work and earn freedom? When people say you have a right to life, do they mean if you work hard you can pay enough money to save your life?

When people say there should be a right to health care, do they mean if you work really hard you can earn health care?

Of course not. A right, is something that you get, because you simply deserve it, because it is a right. You don't have to work for a right.

So parents believe that they have the right to demand anything from teachers. You can say they don't, but every time you say kids have a right to education, you justify their position to demand anything.

And this is part of the reason why some of the blame does lay on teachers, because many teachers roll over, rather than fight.

Short story....

In my home town, we had a government assisted housing pop up. Why the city allowed this in our suburb, I don't know, but instantly it was a crime hot spot, as all "give people government money" ends up.

Well one of those kids, a girl, showed up in my mothers class. The girl was a hellion. A tiny terror of misery and problems. During the parent-teacher meeting, the parent accused my mother of being a terrible teacher, and was singling her child out for mistreatment, and failing to educate her because her grades were low.

Fact is.. many teachers would start bending over backwards to make that hellion spawn happy, and giving her passing grades on bad exams, in order to appease this nightmare child and parent.... because "They have a right to education".

Instead my mother fought it, and fought it hard. She sent that girl to the office so many times, they should have put her name on a reservation placard on the seat. My mother filed complaints, and sent messages, and this went all the way up the chain of command, until the city redrew the school district, made that little gov-housing place part of the inner city schools, and shipped her back to them.

This is the reality.

And it's not just that even..... there are some horrifically bad teachers, even in the best of school districts. I went to an upper-middle class school, which was rate the best public school in the entire area.

Even there, we had just ridiculously bad teachers. We had a math teacher that would come in, put a VHS tape in, hit play, and read magazines. Then at the end of the week, give a quiz on what was on the tape. Beside doing roll call, he didn't do jack. Worthless teacher.

Had another teacher that did this every single week. On Monday he would give out reading assignments, and a quiz. We were require to read the book on our own, out of class. Then we would take the quiz on Monday.

So what did we do all week? We reviewed what was on the quiz, that was already given on Monday, for the reading assignment for the prior week. I barely passed that class. Because I was always learn everything, for the quiz that was already over. Only on the exams, did I score well, because we had covered the material.

And I could go on. Teachers that spent the entire day, day-dreaming or telling stories, and taught nothing.

And this was the best public school in the area. Best one. And we had terrible teachers.

And you can read about the rubber rooms in NYC. Where unions made it so hard to fire bad teachers, that they had to pay them a full salary, to sit in a room and never teach.

So there are tons of reason why private schools, charter schools, and religious schools routinely do a better job.

A lot of good teachers have reached that conclusion and walked away from the public schools

and he is not a teacher today

which is another reason for the decline of education in America

A lot of good teachers have reached that conclusion and walked away from the public schools

and he is not a teacher today

which is another reason for the decline of education in America
Anyone hiding in a closet wasn’t a good teacher to start with.

Forum List

Back