The War on Public Schools Continues, Only Now It’s Considered Reinvention’

6. Let's imagine the days when teachers were not afraid of their students.
Any teachers who feel that way don't last very long.
I have a family member who was a public teacher in a school that is 93% black and hispanic

he said there were days when he locked himself in a janitors closet and did not come out till he could regain his composure
Sounds like he shouldn’t have been there.
A lot of good teachers have reached that conclusion and walked away from the public schools

and he is not a teacher today

which is another reason for the decline of education in America
Anyone hiding in a closet wasn’t a good teacher to start with.
You dont know what you are talking about

including how bad conditions are in the worst of the public schools
I know exactly what I’m talking about.
Not in this case

the public schools are a mess and not many good teachers are willing to work under the difficult and dangerous conditions existing in the hood

you know I’m almost agreeing with the PS apologists who blame everything on the parents and kids

but there is not a one-size-fits-all explanation for whats wrong with America’s education system

There are lots of excellent schools, but all you hear about are the liberal dominated schools. Check the location the next time you read a story about schools that show them in a negative light. Odds are they are in the northeast, Chicago, or west coast. Flyover schools not dominated my immigrants and illegals do just fine.

I have a family member who was a public teacher in a school that is 93% black and hispanic

he said there were days when he locked himself in a janitors closet and did not come out till he could regain his composure
A lot of good teachers have reached that conclusion and walked away from the public schools

Not in this case

Very specifically in this case.
Well he’s not there anymore

almost no normal sane person would be for very long

maybe thats why half of new teachers only last 5 years or less

Not in this case

the public schools are a mess and not many good teachers are willing to work under the difficult and dangerous conditions existing in the hood

you know I’m almost agreeing with the PS apologists who blame everything on the parents and kids

but there is not a one-size-fits-all explanation for whats wrong with America’s education system

There are lots of excellent schools, but all you hear about are the liberal dominated schools. Check the location the next time you read a story about schools that show them in a negative light. Odds are they are in the northeast, Chicago, or west coast. Flyover schools not dominated my immigrants and illegals do just fine.

With all due respect, some schools with immigrants "do just fine." Many immigrants really want to learn. There is a certain group of Americans, however, that behaves very poorly.

Not in this case

With all due respect, some schools with immigrants "do just fine." Many immigrants really want to learn. There is a certain group of Americans, however, that behaves very poorly.

OK. Your point is?

Immigrants and illegals have language issues. They cannot pass the classes if they do not read and write in English. I doubt there is another country on earth with our kind of immigration issues, illegal or legal.

... Many immigrants really want to learn. ...
A great many.
True, but that does not excuse the excessive number who struggle.

I am not sure what you mean by "struggle." Do you mean that their English skills are so poor that teachers are forced to dumb down the curriculum?

What I am primarily interested in is behavior. Immigrant children usually behave better than a lot of American children. For example, many teachers in cities such as Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, etc. fear for their physical safety.

Have a nice day!

Not in this case

OK. Your point is?

Immigrants and illegals have language issues. They cannot pass the classes if they do not read and write in English. I doubt there is another country on earth with our kind of immigration issues, illegal or legal.
Illegals should be deported

but I bet most lib teachers disagree with that

A great many.

I am not sure what you mean by "struggle." Do you mean that their English skills are so poor that teachers are forced to dumb down the curriculum?

What I am primarily interested in is behavior. Immigrant children usually behave better than a lot of American children. For example, many teachers in cities such as Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, etc. fear for their physical safety.

Have a nice day!

They do not dumb down the curriculum! These students make poor grades and perform poorly on standardized tests. When I taught in an inner city urban school full of immigrants, my problem students were generally African. They spoke poor English and were constantly fighting with our local Black students whom they felt were inferior.

Not in this case

OK. Your point is?

Illegals should be deported

but I bet most lib teachers disagree with that

There were so few "liberal" teachers in my school, I have no personal experience with that.

Last edited:
... They cannot pass the classes if they do not read and write in English. ...
"do not read and write in English" is a matter of degree, and non-native speakers of English pass classes all the time.
Maybe in your area, but I had students in Florida whom I considered to be excellent students who could not pass the assessment test for graduation.

A great many.
Since when does a struggling student need excusing? A struggling student needs and deserves the very best efforts of his teachers.
Hey shit for brains, where did I say they did not deserve the best efforts of their teachers? Many of my students were refugees brought to the US by the Catholic church or illegals. Some people cannot be helped despite a teacher's best effort.

"do not read and write in English" is a matter of degree, and non-native speakers of English pass classes all the time.
Maybe in your area, but I had students in Florida whom I considered to be excellent students who could not pass the assessment test for graduation.
Not every native speaker passes either.

A great many.
Since when does a struggling student need excusing? A struggling student needs and deserves the very best efforts of his teachers.
Hey shit for brains, where did I say they did not deserve the best efforts of their teachers? ...
When you said "that does not excuse the excessive number who struggle" it sure as hell sounded like you considered them more of a nuisance than a duty.

Not every native speaker passes either.
Man, you are asshole that likes to put words in other people's mouths! I neve said they didn't, dumbass!

Forum List

Back