The War on Public Schools Continues, Only Now It’s Considered Reinvention’

The US is near the bottom of advanced countries in teaching math and science

I would not call that doing an excellent job

Tell me, why mathematics is so important to you?

I tell you that mathematics won't increase your intellect at all. Mathematics is just amounts and nothing but amounts. Mathematics is not a language and without verbal and layman explanation mathematics is not useful at all in science.

Einstein was a mathematician but he was a complete brute when is about physics. His theories are just fantasies, and his explanations of his formulas are laughable. Of course that reading the formulas he wrote cause some impression, but look how ridiculous is the following equation of his:

Energy=Mass x 34,516,000,000 miles per second.

And he himself swore nothing can be faster than 186,000 miles per second.

Science, when studied and applied in base of factual phenomena it becomes the best tool for our future. Unfortunately science has been invaded by lots of theories which are just crap to the square.

To me, education in public schools deserve a reform. In this reform all sexual education must be leaved to parents, and students must learn procreation at intellectual curriculum. Sexual orientation is something personal and no one is obligated to accept other's sexual preferences, but solely tolerate it in classes and work places. Tolerance means "respect" but doesn't mean acceptance and support. This is the exact explanation students must receive about sexuality in society.

Schools might mention the traditions of the American culture but cannot impose homework celebrating each one of those traditions. If there is a tradition, such is a family and social event, not so an imposition by school over the student.

The grade rate must return back to the old system based in progress reached by the student. If the student can't pass a subject then he must repeat the subject in Summer classes. This policy must be called "no one left behind". All students must pass the grade by their own effort.

Public schools have a great potential to guide for the best performance of students, but the reform is badly needed.

Even with school lunch. I know the public schools in Maryland. Somehow a cookies company managed to include their product in the daily school lunch, arguing that those cookies provide additional ingredients needed by the children's body. Their argument is pure crap (golden fish cookies are junk food) and students can have those cookies solely if they pickup a salad plate. The children indeed pick up the salad plate and the bag of cookies, then they throw the salad to the trash and eat the cookies. Lol.

Another failure is the lack of interest by teachers to teach properly to students. Their science fair projects do not incentive knowledge. I witnessed them and they can't go further than guessing what brand of cereal keeps floating over the milk surface longer than the others. And you can't suggest teachers about other science projects because they get mad as hell.

Parents also must receive training, always reminding them that schools are not babysitters but education centers. Many parents don't care at all about the progress of their children but they just want them a few hours far away from home. Lol.

I strongly support education reform because is needed. And I wonder why so many people is against a good education for their children. Students pass grades without knowing the subjects, and such can't be accepted but it happens in many jurisdictions.

Public schools need a new structure, but this is a work that must be coordinate between the community and the education system of each area. Unfortunately, with the current status in our society in general, public schools are directed to failure not because the students but because politics and parents lack of interest.

Mathematics will only increase your capabilities with numbers, but won't make you a great scientist. Science

I tell you that mathematics won't increase your intellect at all. Mathematics is just amounts and nothing but amounts. Mathematics is not a language and without verbal and layman explanation mathematics is not useful at all in science.

Einstein was a mathematician but he was a complete brute when is about physics. His theories are just fantasies, and his explanations of his formulas are laughable. Of course that reading the formulas he wrote cause some impression, but look how ridiculous is the following equation of his:

Science, when studied and applied in base of factual phenomena it becomes the best tool for our future. Unfortunately science has been invaded by lots of theories which are just crap to the square.

To me, education in public schools deserve a reform. In this reform all sexual education must be leaved to parents, and students must learn procreation at intellectual curriculum. Sexual orientation is something personal and no one is obligated to accept other's sexual preferences, but solely tolerate it in classes and work places. Tolerance means "respect" but doesn't mean acceptance and support. This is the exact explanation students must receive about sexuality in society.

Schools might mention the traditions of the American culture but cannot impose homework celebrating each one of those traditions. If there is a tradition, such is a family and social event, not so an imposition by school over the student.

The grade rate must return back to the old system based in progress reached by the student. If the student can't pass a subject then he must repeat the subject in Summer classes. This policy must be called "no one left behind". All students must pass the grade by their own effort.

Public schools have a great potential to guide for the best performance of students, but the reform is badly needed.

Even with school lunch. I know the public schools in Maryland. Somehow a cookies company managed to include their product in the daily school lunch, arguing that those cookies provide additional ingredients needed by the children's body. Their argument is pure crap (golden fish cookies are junk food) and students can have those cookies solely if they pickup a salad plate. The children indeed pick up the salad plate and the bag of cookies, then they throw the salad to the trash and eat the cookies. Lol.

Another failure is the lack of interest by teachers to teach properly to students. Their science fair projects do not incentive knowledge. I witnessed them and they can't go further than guessing what brand of cereal keeps floating over the milk surface longer than the others. And you can't suggest teachers about other science projects because they get mad as hell.

Parents also must receive training, always reminding them that schools are not babysitters but education centers. Many parents don't care at all about the progress of their children but they just want them a few hours far away from home. Lol.

I strongly support education reform because is needed. And I wonder why so many people is against a good education for their children. Students pass grades without knowing the subjects, and such can't be accepted but it happens in many jurisdictions.

Public schools need a new structure, but this is a work that must be coordinate between the community and the education system of each area. Unfortunately, with the current status in our society in general, public schools are directed to failure not because the students but because politics and parents lack of interest.

Mathematics will only increase your capabilities with numbers, but won't make you a great scientist. Science

Please do not post about education until you receive one. Nothing should be "leaved" to the parents, especially when it could be left to the parents.

Please do not post about education until you receive one. Nothing should be "leaved" to the parents, especially when it could be left to the parents.
The Washington Post wrote once the word "pharm" instead of "farm" in the first page of the newspaper and the online page as well.

This news company has editors who carefully will fix all grammar mistakes before the articles come to publication.

I wonder what you reaction should be when you read such a word "pharm".

I barely ended school and I surely can be your teacher of science. You might have your degrees and be good on them, however, my degrees have been obtained by studies and mastered with pure practice. While you became a conformist with diplomas in your wall, I, on the other hand, have discovered a new law in science, settled a new method of study and have the luxury of turning down and make eat dirt the followers and defenders of several good for nothing theories of science.

I understand your jealousy for the good use of English words properly in sentences, but don't underestimate others because their grammar errors, because in a debate I can do with you what I do at my pleasure with others in order to make them feel the effects of their own medicine.

So, I just leaved right there.

The Washington Post wrote once the word "pharm" instead of "farm" in the first page of the newspaper and the online page as well.

This news company has editors who carefully will fix all grammar mistakes before the articles come to publication.

I wonder what you reaction should be when you read such a word "pharm".

I barely ended school and I surely can be your teacher of science. You might have your degrees and be good on them, however, my degrees have been obtained by studies and mastered with pure practice. While you became a conformist with diplomas in your wall, I, on the other hand, have discovered a new law in science, settled a new method of study and have the luxury of turning down and make eat dirt the followers and defenders of several good for nothing theories of science.

I understand your jealousy for the good use of English words properly in sentences, but don't underestimate others because their grammar errors, because in a debate I can do with you what I do at my pleasure with others in order to make them feel the effects of their own medicine.

So, I just leaved right there.

Pharm is an abbreviation for the pharmacuetical industry dumbass!

I have a degree in math, the coursework at two universities for a Math degree, a teacher's certification, and a Master's in Educational Leadership. I spent over 21 years each as a Naval Officer, mostly in propulsion engineering and a middle and high school teacher. I now work for a defense contractor as a supervisor. You are apprently still looking forward to the 6th grade dance.

Education is important - even vital - to every modern nation

the fact that you ask such a dumb question is troubling

if the public schools are failing in subjects that we can measure, such as math and science, it tells me they are failing is all the subjects that we cant directly compare to other nations

Last edited:
They don't get to pick and choose. They take everyone.

View attachment 343579

A teacher shouldn't have to have a bachelors, masters, or doctorate, to teach. If they were a high rated student when leaving high school they are more than capable of stepping into a teaching job for the things they did well at. In which case the cost of education would drop dramatically.

Demanding such only means that we're going back to the feudal cast system.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Ah, so are you telling me that your vision of teachers is the same as McDonalds?

View attachment 343597

BTW: I had 90 credits in electronics and teaching (approximately 45 credits towards each) transfer into a major university when I started. Then I was told that none of those credits counted towards getting me out of any classes in the College Of Liberal Arts (I was studying Physics) or the College Of Education (I was studying Secondary Education) at either of those branches of the campus.

So yeah an entrenched cast system with nepotism built in.

I now hold over 200 worthless credits because I realized that even if I did graduate I would be better off doing construction and farming because I didn't have those kind of...... connections.

*****SMILE*****

:)

???
What connections?

THIS ^^^ is why you should not take drugs. Look what it does to the feeble-minded ^^^.

if the public schools are failing in subjects that we can measure, such as math and science, it tells me they are failing is all the subjects that we cant directly compare to other nations
That's part of the problem; it's not a direct comparison.

... You are apprently still looking forward to the 6th grade dance.

The article was about milk, cows in a farm. "Apprently" you ignored your word corrector by replying in a rush.

Eat your degrees with lots of ketchup and have a great digestion.

... You are apprently still looking forward to the 6th grade dance.

The article was about milk, cows in a farm. "Apprently" you ignored your word corrector by replying in a rush.

Eat your degrees with lots of ketchup and have a great digestion.
You did not link the report, dumass! How would I know?

How it happens I can explain the difference in time data between atomic clocks in satellites compared with time data of similar atomic clocks on earth without using silly formulas but solely basic comparison of amounts? Plus being correct and proving the current relativistic formulas used to decipher the same phenomenon as mere lunacies?

Let me tell you the following, at the current moment abstract mathematics has been abused and have been misused in science. Theories originated in base of formulas in a piece of paper are nothing but crap to the square.

When you understand the perimeters between abstract math and math applied to real phenomena, then you find out that 99% of math needed for life is basic knowledge.

I have realized and I state firmly that math is like music. You learn the basic knowledge of it and the rest is practice. When using basic knowledge of equations you find out that e=mc^2 is a stupid formula.

I can bet whatever you want that the production of the nuclear bomb never needed that e=mc^2, because that formula represents nothing worthy in physics. If you think the contrary, please bring the instrument that measured such c^2 to verify that equation as valid.

It is more important to teach the limitations of abstract mathematics before filling the brain of students with equations and formulas with imaginary math problems which can't happen in the real physical universe.

In other words, teaching "thinking" is more important than teaching math. Math is secondary, math is a tool, but thinking is way more important, thinking is survival and success.

Yes, let's do reimagine education.

1. Let's imagine the days when students came to school every day.
2. Let's imagine the days when there was no need for security guards because teachers were respected.
3. Let's imagine the days when really bad "students" were expelled.
4. Let's imagine the days when parents supported the teachers.
5. Let's imagine the days when there were no drugs at school.
6. Let's imagine the days when teachers were not afraid of their students.

You did not link the report, dumass! How would I know?

Too late for you.

I do remember I contact them regarding their "pharm" word, of course I didn't receive a reply and I found not worthy to follow up the case of the typo. I don't think the online publication to be found, but perhaps searching the store stand publication in a library storage you can find it. It was at the front page, that's for sure. This typo happened years ago, so will take some work for the ones interested in this issue.

Save your energy for our next confrontation, if any.

Yes, let's do reimagine education.

1. Let's imagine the days when students came to school every day.
2. Let's imagine the days when there was no need for security guards because teachers were respected.
3. Let's imagine the days when really bad "students" were expelled.
4. Let's imagine the days when parents supported the teachers.
5. Let's imagine the days when there were no drugs at school.
6. Let's imagine the days when teachers were not afraid of their students.
Yup

Those old good times

There is only security at some schools, and it is there primarily to protect the students.

Forum List

Back