The War on Public Schools Continues, Only Now It’s Considered Reinvention’

They don't get to pick and choose. They take everyone.

View attachment 343579

A teacher shouldn't have to have a bachelors, masters, or doctorate, to teach. If they were a high rated student when leaving high school they are more than capable of stepping into a teaching job for the things they did well at. In which case the cost of education would drop dramatically.

Demanding such only means that we're going back to the feudal cast system.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Ah, so are you telling me that your vision of teachers is the same as McDonalds?

View attachment 343597

BTW: I had 90 credits in electronics and teaching (approximately 45 credits towards each) transfer into a major university when I started. Then I was told that none of those credits counted towards getting me out of any classes in the College Of Liberal Arts (I was studying Physics) or the College Of Education (I was studying Secondary Education) at either of those branches of the campus.

So yeah an entrenched cast system with nepotism built in.

I now hold over 200 worthless credits because I realized that even if I did graduate I would be better off doing construction and farming because I didn't have those kind of...... connections.

*****SMILE*****

I didn't even see this. Sorry.

Thats part of the problem. But I think this flight from public schools by normal Americans has been counterproductive. We all have to live with their product. We should demand the Department of Education be disbanded and return schools to the locals. That is the only fix. Another example of the failure that must always come when you let the federal government into what should be local institutions. Its been a disaster.

The push since Reagan has been to privatize the education system.

What I dislike is the most is the level of BS that they insist on vomiting to do what they have been planning to do since Reagan.

Who is pushing to privatize the education system? They are few and far between and have one thing in common. They don't know anything about public education.

View attachment 343579

A teacher shouldn't have to have a bachelors, masters, or doctorate, to teach. If they were a high rated student when leaving high school they are more than capable of stepping into a teaching job for the things they did well at. In which case the cost of education would drop dramatically.

*****SMILE*****

Ah, so are you telling me that your vision of teachers is the same as McDonalds?

View attachment 343597

BTW: I had 90 credits in electronics and teaching (approximately 45 credits towards each) transfer into a major university when I started. Then I was told that none of those credits counted towards getting me out of any classes in the College Of Liberal Arts (I was studying Physics) or the College Of Education (I was studying Secondary Education) at either of those branches of the campus.

I now hold over 200 worthless credits because I realized that even if I did graduate I would be better off doing construction and farming because I didn't have those kind of...... connections.

*****SMILE*****

What are 90 credits? That's way more than an associate's degree if you are talking hours.

I had a major in history with minors in math, computer science, physics chemistry, and geography. When I went to get my teacher's certification, only the history courses counted and I needed 30 semester hours of education classes to get certified to teach. I also finished the course work needed for the equivalent of a math degree in order to get my certification there, which was about another 30 semester hours. Then I had to take a general education test, and subject area tests for history and math. Those were NOT easy.

View attachment 343579

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 343597

*****SMILE*****

What are 90 credits? That's way more than an associate's degree if you are talking hours.

I had a major in history with minors in math, computer science, physics chemistry, and geography. When I went to get my teacher's certification, only the history courses counted and I needed 30 semester hours of education classes to get certified to teach. I also finished the course work needed for the equivalent of a math degree in order to get my certification there, which was about another 30 semester hours. Then I had to take a general education test, and subject area tests for history and math. Those were NOT easy.

1590984595725.png

It takes one hundred twenty credits (hours) to get a bachelors.

I also took a battery of clep tests prior to leaving the service, over thirty of them, on various subjects. Scored well over 90% on at least twenty of them, aced about seven of them, and none of them counted.

*****SMILE*****

Thats part of the problem. But I think this flight from public schools by normal Americans has been counterproductive. We all have to live with their product. We should demand the Department of Education be disbanded and return schools to the locals. That is the only fix. Another example of the failure that must always come when you let the federal government into what should be local institutions. Its been a disaster.

What I dislike is the most is the level of BS that they insist on vomiting to do what they have been planning to do since Reagan.

Who is pushing to privatize the education system? They are few and far between and have one thing in common. They don't know anything about public education.

This one is pushing as hard as anybody.
1590994380307.png

View attachment 343730

Like I said, you don't know anything about public education. She supports charter schools. Fortunately, most states see the disaster that they become through unqualified administrators and wasteful spending.

View attachment 343730

Like I said, you don't know anything about public education. She supports charter schools. Fortunately, most states see the disaster that they become through unqualified administrators and wasteful spending.

Many charter schools are for profit schools that are funded with tax money intended for public schools.

View attachment 343730

Many charter schools are for profit schools that are funded with tax money intended for public schools.

Bullshit! You just keep working hard to show how stupid you are! They are not for profit as no company or individual owns them. They are public schools.

View attachment 343730

Bullshit! You just keep working hard to show how stupid you are! They are not for profit as no company or individual owns them. They are public schools.
Arizona and California allow for profit charter schools.

View attachment 343730

Arizona and California allow for profit charter schools.
They are the only states that do, and only 5% of all schools are for profit. Recent legislation steers them to be non-profit.

Thank you very much for muddying the waters with your your tiny exception to match your tiny intellect!

Name a current federal policy that has a negative impact on local schools. Nevermind! You cannot possible do that!

States and local communities already control their schools. That is why most public schools in the US do an excellent job, and the liberal dominated inner city schools suck!
While you think it’s a great thing, moral people deplore Obama ordering schools to let young men into the girls showers and bathrooms.

Name a current federal policy that has a negative impact on local schools. Nevermind! You cannot possible do that!

States and local communities already control their schools. That is why most public schools in the US do an excellent job, and the liberal dominated inner city schools suck!
While you think it’s a great thing, moral people deplore Obama ordering schools to let young men into the girls showers and bathrooms.

Why do I think it is a great thing?You cannot find anywhere I have supported such a thing. You just lie and make things up because you are stupid.

Why do I think it is a great thing?You cannot find anywhere I have supported such a thing. You just lie and make things up because you are stupid.
You shouldn’t be asking questions you don’t want answered.

You shouldn’t be asking questions you don’t want answered. You are simply stalling, trying to think up a passable lie.

Let's see you answer it, dumbass!

That is why most public schools in the US do an excellent job,
The US is near the bottom of advanced countries in teaching math and science

I would not call that doing an excellent job

Do you have any idea how those tests and done and what they show? They show the average. If you average a hundred and a twenty, you get a sixty. Not great huh? That's how they do the tests! Our best students in math and science are ranked in the top percentage in the world. Our worst students do not even try on these tests as there is no incentive. I remember many years ago, they averaged the scores on an inner city school in Baltimore with one of the top schools in Boston.

Even with that averaging, our scores are lower than but almost the same as those in other countries with a homogeneous population and an emphasis on education in their society. They all spoke the same language, having no significant immigrant populations. Now, compare that to the US.

Our best students in math and science are ranked in the top percentage in the world.
Perhaps so

but there are few of them

the vast majority of our kids are inferior to the vast majority of our rivals around the world

and that applies only to common subjects that all kids can be tested for in spite of language any culture

I suspect that inferiority applies to our education system in general

Last edited:
Our best students in math and science are ranked in the top percentage in the world.
Perhaps so

the vast majority of pur kids are inferior to the vast majority of our rivals around the world

and that applies only to common subjects that all kids can be tested for in spite of language any culture

Your reading skills suck! I addressed this point in my post which you did not read of ignored.

Germany was so pissed at the way the testing was done they dropped the testing completely! They were testing students who were college material along with students who were unable to pass their admissions testing. Their scores were comparable to ours.

Perhaps so

the vast majority of pur kids are inferior to the vast majority of our rivals around the world

Your reading skills suck! I addressed this point in my post which you did not read of ignored.

Germany was so pissed at the way the testing was done they dropped the testing completely! They were testing students who were college material along with students who were unable to pass their admissions testing. Their scores were comparable to ours.
I have never seen that report

for 20 years the US has scored around 20-25th place when compared to the world

Perhaps so

I have never seen that report

for 20 years the US has scored around 20-25th place when compared to the world

Bullshit! Let's see a link!

Forum List

Back