The USA's Great Proud Just History.

Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki was no different than bombing Toyko, Nagoya, Bremerhaven, Berlin, Hamburg, Rome, Florence or any other Axis city. Or on the other side, London, Birmingham, Warsaw (which wasn't even defended as it had been declared an open city) Manila, Shanghai, Hong Kong or any of the other hundreds of allied cities bombed by the Axis powers. Bombing cities in WWII was indiscriminate and was done by both sides. But you might notice that the first city bombed by the Germans in WWII was the open city of Warsaw and the Japanese were bombing defenseless Chinese cities long before they attacked the USA.
To the American haters, the facts don't matter. They will ignore everything. They will repeat the same opinion over and over. A vague comment they are unable to substantiate.

If we followed their opinion, 10's of thousands of Americans die and 10x's as many Japanese.

But, this argument is not about the truth. It is trolling and flaming anybody who speaks proudly of the USA's history

Here is something both sides of the destruction of Japan argument forget or do not know. We warned the Japanese to surrender and to evacuate their cities. Leaflets warning of bombing to come. Leaflets showing the Potsdam declaration warning to surrender or face complete destruction. There was also radio broadcasts stating the same.

After securing the island, US forces remained on Saipan, guarding Japanese prisoners of war, constructing a huge airbase, staging bombing runs, and supporting the civilian OWI psychological warfare effort. From Saipan, OWI bombarded Japan with radio messages through its 50,000-watt standard-wave station on Saipan, Radio KSAI. The station also picked up 100,000-watt shortwave transmissions from the OWI station in Honolulu and relayed them to Japan. Japanese language broadcasts consisted of news on the status of the war, bombing warnings, and messages from Japanese prisoners of war on Saipan urging surrender. KSAI radio transmissions served many purposes: to Japan’s civilian government, they were a vital source of news, received at a time when the fanaticism of the Japanese militarists denied civilian leaders access to information about the status of the war; to hidden Japanese soldiers on occupied Pacific islands, they tempted surrender by promising fair treatment as prisoners of war;
America is and was great. We warned the civilians in Japan that we would destroy thier cities. Nagasaki and Hiroshima, warned.

America is and was great. We warned the civilians in Japan that we would destroy thier cities. Nagasaki and Hiroshima, warned.

And many knew it.

Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor would reportedly write in his diary, “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor would reportedly write in his diary, “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

Actually, he never said or wrote that.

While he is well known as believing that ultimately Japan had no chance at beating the US if the war went longer than six months. But that and many other quotes are entirely fictitious.

Gordon Prange was a historian on General MacArthur's staff during the occupation, and that among many others were attributed to him and other during his time as the chief historian of the occupation. However, not one has ever been verified, and are now considered to be entirely made up by Prange.

That quote was largely forgotten, until after the 1970 movie "Tora, Tora, Tora". Only at that time did historians try to look into it, and could find not a single quote even close to that in any of his writings. Just like the "blade of grass" quote, the Admiral never said it.

Actually, he never said or wrote that.

While he is well known as believing that ultimately Japan had no chance at beating the US if the war went longer than six months. But that and many other quotes are entirely fictitious.

Gordon Prange was a historian on General MacArthur's staff during the occupation, and that among many others were attributed to him and other during his time as the chief historian of the occupation. However, not one has ever been verified, and are now considered to be entirely made up by Prange.

That quote was largely forgotten, until after the 1970 movie "Tora, Tora, Tora". Only at that time did historians try to look into it, and could find not a single quote even close to that in any of his writings. Just like the "blade of grass" quote, the Admiral never said it.

Did you see the word "reportedly" on to post you linked to?

You should look it up.

We warned them then mass murdered defenseless women and children. We’re so great!

We warned them then mass murdered defenseless women and children. We’re so great!
The fanatics, sad, 1,000's of Japanese children dead. Do you weep for the children in Japan? Are they crocodile tears? How did they all die.

The children's heads were crushed by rocks heaved upon them.

Some children were lucky enough to die by hand grenade.

Other Japanese children were forced or thrown off of cliffs.

Some Japanese children were killed by sword.

And mostly it was the Japanese children's parents doing the killing!

True stories even if lacking details. Okinawa and Taiwan made the reality clear. There would be no surrender and suicide was the action being taken by the japanese military and civilians alike.

Yes, the atomic bombs killed children, yet the atomic bombs saved many more.

The irony of war.

The fanatics, sad, 1,000's of Japanese children dead. Do you weep for the children in Japan? Are they crocodile tears? How did the all die.

The children's heads were crushed by rocks heaved upon them.

Some children were lucky enough to die by hand grenade.

Other Japanese children were forced or thrown off of cliffs.

Some Japanese children were killed by sword.

True stories even if lacking details. Okinawa and Taiwan made the reality clear. There would be no surrender and suicide was the action being taken by the military and civilians alike.

Yes, the atomic bombs killed children, yet the atomic bombs saved many more.

The irony of war.
No. The bombs saved no one. That’s a fact few Americans know or will accept.

If only Dirty Harry had accepted Japan’s surrender demands BEFORE he mass murdered all those defenseless women and children, rather than AFTER he committed his war crime.

No. The bombs saved no one. That’s a fact few Americans know or will accept.

If only Dirty Harry had accepted Japan’s surrender demands BEFORE he mass murdered all those defenseless women and children, rather than AFTER he committed his war crime.
Well that is the problem , you wanted us to surrender to Japan.

And in your statement you state Japan as if the country was unified. That was not the case. Japan was controlled by the military. The military not once offered to surrender.

The emperor never offered to surrender.

At best you have, "someone" asking if the USA was willing to stop, or essentially surrender.

As far as saving lives, that is pretty clear, it certainly saved Japanese lives but more importantly than that it saved Americans lives.

Well that is the problem , you wanted us to surrender to Japan.

And in your statement you state Japan as if the country was unified. That was not the case. Japan was controlled by the military. The military not once offered to surrender.

The emperor never offered to surrender.

At best you have, "someone" asking if the USA was willing to stop, or essentially surrender.

As far as saving lives, that is pretty clear, it certainly saved Japanese lives but more importantly than that it saved Americans lives.
Lol. Surrender? Lol. Apparently you like killing babies.

Did you see the word "reportedly" on to post you linked to?

Yes, I did. And I was responding that that is incorrect, that it was not him.

6f7293c445f37fff54652d207f4458a7.jpg

Just putting in "reportedly" does not make a false claim any more valid.

Yes, I did. And I was responding that that is incorrect, that it was not him.

6f7293c445f37fff54652d207f4458a7.jpg

Just putting in "reportedly" does not make a false claim any more valid.

I publish truth with the diligence of a UN translator.

Clearly you either lack the ability to understand the meaning of the word 'reportedly,' or you are embarrassed at having made the mistake.

Try to be more efficacious in the future.

Better look that up, too.

I never said it was determined that he said the famous quote.

I used the word 'reportedly.'

It means: according to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true). (Google).

Cease being a dunce: a person who is slow at learning; a stupid person.

It is that time of the year. I was thinking of starting a new OP but this one is rich in fact and begins eloquently.

This year, there are even fewer heros left from World War II. I wonder if there are any Prisoners of War still alive. Think that may make a great OP on this proud moment in our history.

The sins of others never justify sin.
We cannot fathom the argument that because X committed an antrocity it is ok for Y.
"Context"? The war in the Pacific is the context. In that context, certain sites were bypassed because invasion was unnecessary. Certain islands were isolated, cut off, unable to resupply. At the end, this principle applied to Japan itself. There was no necessity of invasion, thus no necessity to save "a million G.I.s", as their lives would not be in danger. And this is so deafeningly clear that all argument to the contrary devolves to mere racist vengeance.
Who and what was the real threat to the U.S. in August of 1945?

Not as such.

There might still be a few who remained in North Korea, and the same in Vietnam. But they would not have been prisoners for decades, simply those that decided to remain there.
The more you educate yourself on our history, the more you realize we’ve been lied to.

Did thirty third degree Mason Franklin Roosevelt feel any guilt after setting up the Pearl Harbor psyop, which resulted in the deaths of over 2,000 Americans? Or his fellow thirty third degree Mason Harry Truman, whose nuclear bombs killed over 200,000 at Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Roosevelt was never questioned by the kept press. Truman defended his actions for the rest of his life, as did too many other Americans. People still chant the Orwellian excuse that his actions “saved lives.”

Abraham Lincoln died with the blood of nearly a million of his fellow citizens on his hands. A huge portion of them teenagers or younger. He invoked the name of God when it suited his purposes, and actually came to blame him for the bloodletting he pushed relentlessly. As I showed in my book Crimes and Cover-Ups in American Politics: 1776-1963, much evidence indicates Lincoln was an atheist, who is in his wayward youth wrote a blistering rebuttal to the New Testament, which was conveniently destroyed when he launched his political career. How about his psychotic Secretary of War Edwin Stanton, who did everything he could to silence the alleged “conspirators,” and treated them barbarically. Then ironically seems to have conspired to kill Lincoln.

I won’t touch on the alleged crimes of those we fought in all those senseless wars. We have no idea how real the claims are, and should always recognize that enemies must be demonized for the warfare state to work. So I concentrate in my books on the misdeeds of the “good guys.” Us. Like the bombing of the German city of Dresden, which held no military value at all. The Allies just did it because they could. Something like 39,000 toddlers were killed by their bombs. Royal Air Force commander Arthur “Bomber” Harris continued to boast of this mass murder of harmless civilians, long after the war. It’s a “greatest generation” thing, you wouldn’t understand. What could “Bomber” Harris say to God, in the way of justification?

The crimes of our leaders, past and present, are so plentiful that it’s unlikely I will ever run out of new volumes of Hidden History to write.

/p/tiny-ripples-of-hopelessness

Forum List

Back