The United States NEEDS a major recession - Sen. John Kennedy

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Sort of a different take.

The "major" part is subjective but yea I think he's right.

New trucks shouldn't cost $100K+ and houses shouldn't be out of reach for the overwhelming majority of the country.

Regardless of where you sit on the socioeconomic spectrum it's pretty clear that things right now are not sustainable. Without a more than modest correction we could end up in some pretty wild territory.

The bottom line is since most global commodities are priced in our currency, the stronger we make our currency the less expensive everything gets for those who hold U.S. currency. Getting out of the Omnibus spending/subsidy business would go a long way.

Blah, they will try to print their way out of it and make things even worse.

New trucks shouldn't cost $100K+ and houses shouldn't be out of reach for the overwhelming majority of the country.

Regardless of where you sit on the socioeconomic spectrum it's pretty clear that things right now are not sustainable. Without a more than modest correction we could end up in some pretty wild territory.

The bottom line is since most global commodities are priced in our currency, the stronger we make our currency the less expensive everything gets for those who hold U.S. currency. Getting out of the Omnibus spending/subsidy business would go a long way.

You aren't talking about a recession, you're talking about a crash.

Right. So this imbeciles solution is high unemployment so nobody can afford anything.

God damn Republicans are fucking stupid.

Right. So this imbeciles solution is high unemployment so nobody can afford anything.

God damn Republicans are fucking stupid.

So the democrat solution is high employment with low paying jobs so people can barely afford to take out loans to buy things? So they'll never be able to afford a house, a new car, nothing, but hey they have a job? It's part time, low paying, no benefits, but hey, it's a job it checks off a box for a politician. That's all that matters huh?

I don't like the idea of a recession but this inflation is out of control. I saw a gallon of milk for 7.29 last night at the store. I saw a large candy bar that was 2 dollars under Trump, 4 dollars under Biden. A frozen pizza that's been 99 cents each for Obama AND Trump, 3 dollars each under Biden.

Adjusted for inflation, I'm making LESS now than I did my first year of driving which was 2017 under Trump.

We're already in a freight recession.

Last edited:
So the democrat solution is high employment with low paying jobs so people can barely afford to take out loans to buy things? So they'll never be able to afford a house, a new car, nothing, but hey they have a job? It's part time, low paying, no benefits, but hey, it's a job it checks off a box for a politician. That's all that matters huh?

I don't like the idea of a recession but this inflation is out of control. I saw a gallon of milk for 7.29 last night at the store. I saw a large candy bar that was 2 dollars under Trump, 4 dollars under Biden. A frozen pizza that's been 99 cents each for Obama AND Trump, 3 dollars each under Biden.

Adjusted for inflation, I'm making LESS now than I did my first year of driving which was 2017 under Trump.

We're already in a freight recession.
You know what really sucks? Those cheap Totino's pizzas you used to buy for .89 cents or less, doctor-up a bit, heat and fold over are now smaller, rectangular, and packaged in bags.....They are also near $2.00 now.

You know what really sucks? Those cheap Totino's pizzas you used to buy for .89 cents or less, doctor-up a bit, heat and fold over are now smaller, rectangular, and packaged in bags.....They are also near $2.00 now.

Yep, Used to get the 4 pack box of those for like 4 dollars. Now the 4 pack box is almost 8.

I mean people say "then eat sandwich's." Even THAT has gone up. The cheap 99 cent loaf of bread under Trump is now 3 dollars under biden. Bottle of mayo was 1 dollar under Trump, 3 dollars under biden. Pack of cheese was 3 dollars under Trump, 7 dollars under Biden.

So it's even expensive to eat like a pauper now. When I first started driving if I splurged and spent 75 dollars on 2 weeks worth of food, I was eating high on the hog. I just spent 85 on groceries for this trip, PER WEEK.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back