The Un-Conditional Lesson.

dpr112yme

Jul 1, 2016
God loves unconditionally so it is said. And so I must also learn how to love unconditionally. But this unconditional love is a snare. Allow me to give you an example.

I have a wife. She commits adultery. She confesses to me. I still love her unconditionally.

I have a wife. She commits adultery again. She confesses to me. I still love her unconditionally.

I have a wife. She commits adultery the third time. Then the fourth time. Then the fifth time. She confesses to me. I still love her unconditionally.

I have a wife. She commits adultery the sixth time and she does not confess. I still love her unconditionally.

I have a wife. I am monogamous. I end up with an STD. I ask her if she practiced safe sex when she committed the adulteries. She says yes. I still love unconditionally.

Another example:
m
I have a son. My son brings home crack cocaine into the home and uses in his room. I love him unconditionally.

I have a son. He brings crack cocaine into the home and uses in my wife's and my room. I still love him unconditionally.

I have a son. He brings crack cocaine and a prostitute into my wife's and my bedroom. The sheets are stained with their love and they leave the kitchen counter a mess with left out foods. I still love my son unconditionally.

I have a son. He brings home a gun, crack cocaine and a prostitute and some of her male friends into my wife's and my home. I still love him unconditionally.

He pulls out the gun, does the crack cocaine, has sex with the prostitute and her male friends while making me and my wife watch. He goes into kitchen, takes out food, feeds it to his friends, tells me and my wife to clean it up and then sits down to watch t.v. I still love my son unconditionally.

The unconditional love thought may be good if you are very very wealthy and have all the monies to give to your children upon their request, but if you do not, then there may be some conditions as to what they can and what they cannot receive.

Feeding the ones you love with unconditional love is a bit like bribery. You give them the unconditional love in order to receive their company.

Philippians 2:8

"And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

How did God, His Father, show Him the unconditional love He wants to show us?

Jude 1:4

"For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ungodly men who turned the grace of God into excuses for all forms of unconditional love and licenses to commit whoredoms.

So they may say, "But I thought God loves people?" And they say, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

And they may say, "But I thought God loves people?" And they say, " “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9

And they may say, "But I thought God loves people?" And they say, "When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die." Ezekiel 18:26

There are no special treatments to Christians or non-Christians. All is in the life to which we must give account of within the knowledge of good and evil which we all inherited upon birth.

Proverbs 15:32-33

"32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.

33 The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."

Perhaps to say it in a single sentence would be: We were born as sinners, not angels.

If cunning children were to find out that their parents wanted to love them unconditionally, perhaps they could exploit their parents generosity. And where else would the parents even learn of unconditional love?

Proverbs 13:24

"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes." KJV

"He who withholds his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him diligently." NASB

Definition of betimes
  1. 1 : in good time : early

2. 2 archaic : in a short time : speedily

3. 3 : at times : occasionally

Ecclesiastes 8:11

"Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil."

Last edited:
At some point, you have to stop adding to your threads and let the rest of us catch up.

unconditional love (might equal) unconditional willingness.

"God loves unconditionally."

"God is willing, unconditionally."

Forum List

Back